WoW Vanilla Emu - Emerald Dream

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
This is all world pvp ever was, not sure why people remember it so fondly.
I levelled on one of the most high pop retail PvP servers and it was nowhere near as poz loads as this private server is.

The issue with this private server isn't the PvP, it's the pairing ofinsanehigh population and PvP. Basically every zone is like release day starter zones.

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
Really, really thinking about giving this a shot. However, my vanilla memories are so rose tinted I almost don't want to destroy them.

That 2h fury warrior calls to me though...such wow, much rape.

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
How about the other servers? From what I've read nost isn't necessarily the best, just the most populated.
Does anyone know if rebirth or kronos have decent population?

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Oh wait... these are the same people that enjoyed having only 1 guild be able to progress on a server so they could lord their e-peen epics over the "casuals."
Uh, no. When Vanilla came out everyone was leveling at the same pace for the most part and the few who did get to 60 early, stayed in 60 zones and dungeons because the game was new. Lvl 20-30s in Duskwood weren't being ganked by bored 60's endlessly. Same with STV, Hillbrad, and on and on. Lvling in vanilla meant you encountered equal lvl players for pvp and it was a blast.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Uh, no. When Vanilla came out everyone was leveling at the same pace for the most part and the few who did get to 60 early, stayed in 60 zones and dungeons because the game was new. Lvl 20-30s in Duskwood weren't being ganked by bored 60's endlessly. Same with STV, Hillbrad, and on and on. Lvling in vanilla meant you encountered equal lvl players for pvp and it was a blast.
I played in beta and release.. the first 60 on our server was with us on a crossroads raid 10 minutes after he hit 60 because nobody else was 60 and he had nothing to do, no groups were doing dungeons.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I played in beta and release.. the first 60 on our server was with us on a crossroads raid 10 minutes after he hit 60 because nobody else was 60 and he had nothing to do, no groups were doing dungeons.
Well, fair enough. I'm sure it happened. But, for the purposes of discussing this server; there are thousands of 60's who are bored and ganking newbs, compared to maybe dozens a decade ago.

agripa

Molten Core Raider
Well, fair enough. I'm sure it happened. But, for the purposes of discussing this server; there are thousands of 60's who are bored and ganking newbs, compared to maybe dozens a decade ago.
They are releasing a TBC server sometime in 2016. The servers are based in the EU so pretty garbage ping for americans. There is a good mix of people on at all times, ~6500 Horde on at 10 EST.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>

Oh wait... these are the same people that enjoyed having only 1 guild be able to progress on a server so they could lord their e-peen epics over the "casuals."
Nah. I played on Tichondrius day 1 and never had an issue with 60s outside of obvious places like gadgetzan or booty bay.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I miiight reroll on the PvE server, since it's got a fraction of the population of the pvp server.

Stuff I forgot about in classic:
-New quests don't appear on minimap
-Being poor as fuck
-Quests with extreme low drop rates
-Having to upgrade your skills on your toolbar after learning them
-Switching between three different zones for five levels

BigDirty

Security Director of Crisis and Weather Management
<Bronze Donator>
So is this the general consensus for a vanilla wow server? How is Rebirth?

Ortega

Vyemm Raider
The nostalgia from these games is from the group/guild you played with. Playing vanilla would never be the same without the 20+ core people on comms who made you forget about the most boring shit ever.
Yeah I'm just not sure I want to even depress myself loading this up. I had soooo many good times playing with my guildies PvPing all day long with raids at night. Fuck it was just constant laughter in vent from 10am until midnight, but those days are long gone. I haven't really maintained consistent contact with any of them. Not to mention other shit where I was just insanely lucky like being server first and only holder of Lionheart Helm as well as Stronghold gauntlet plans for quite a while, and getting the first Sulfuras.

agripa

Molten Core Raider
I have rose tinted glasses when it comes to vanilla. Still fun to fire up every once and a while and relive those memories.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah I'm just not sure I want to even depress myself loading this up. I had soooo many good times playing with my guildies PvPing all day long with raids at night. Fuck it was just constant laughter in vent from 10am until midnight, but those days are long gone. I haven't really maintained consistent contact with any of them. Not to mention other shit where I was just insanely lucky like being server first and only holder of Lionheart Helm as well as Stronghold gauntlet plans for quite a while, and getting the first Sulfuras.
God damn dude I am envying your e-peen from 10 years ago. That must have been so fucking sweet. Life is probably all downhill from there.

Ortega

Vyemm Raider
God damn dude I am envying your e-peen from 10 years ago. That must have been so fucking sweet. Life is probably all downhill from there.
I hope it didn't come across that way. I'm pretty sure nobody gives two fucks about what any of us accomplished or didn't accomplish in WoW. I was just trying to illustrate the point that the magic can't be replicated (at least for me). I will always look back with fond memories on the late night chats with guildies, and worry free lifestyle of being in my teens and early twenties.

General Antony

Vyemm Raider
I was the 7th 60 on Archimonde and from what I can remember almost no one who hit 60 went to waste their time ganking for non-existent rewards.

Everyone in our guild and Nurfed was focused on gearing up. Places like Stratholme, Scholomance, and UBRS were not that easy when you had mostly shit for gear.