WoW Vanilla Emu - Emerald Dream

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
out of combat res
Lol... ouch. :( So many classes had such potential but were terrible. I played Alliance Druid for vanilla through Wrath, and was always a healer. I tanked a few raids, but it was a gimmick only once we had things on Farm.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I wish they had a true vanilla server, like one patch before all the normalization shit.

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Lol... ouch. :( So many classes had such potential but were terrible. I played Alliance Druid for vanilla through Wrath, and was always a healer. I tanked a few raids, but it was a gimmick only once we had things on Farm.

The reality was in vanilla, some classes were second class citizens and rightfully so. In 40 man you could carry people, but my peeve was the uppity faggots that thought they could be something they were not. So stuff like paladin tanks, non healing druids, etc.

Sure later they started fleshing out all the classes pretty well, I loved the shit out of my healing pally alt in karazan.

Sludig

Also, lol I miss pre optimization too. For warrior remember there was like a blue lv 20 weapon that was good until like BWL weapons. (4.20 speed iirc 2h made for ridiculous mortal strikes)

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The reality was in vanilla, some classes were second class citizens and rightfully so. In 40 man you could carry people, but my peeve was the uppity faggots that thought they could be something they were not. So stuff like paladin tanks, non healing druids, etc.

Sure later they started fleshing out all the classes pretty well, I loved the shit out of my healing pally alt in karazan.
Very true. Warriors were the king shit back then. What I miss was that casters, or healer in general, didn't have the legendaries like all the melee people got. Mages were bad ass DPS, but they sure as hell didn't look cool doing it. I was always jealous, at least in my guild that was #1 on the server at the time, would allow Fury warriors, and of course Prot Warriors, but wouldn't allow some of the other dps off specs. Always ranted at why the fuck Warriors could have multiple specs but others couldn't.

Gonna have to Google around to refresh the memory at what specs were truely viable.

I want to say Prot Warriors, Holy Priests... As far as I know, it wasn't until TBC that Shadow were the mana batteries and useful, and no idea about Discipline. Frost/Fire mages. Those rolling ignites were insane. Hunters I think were ok. Warlocks were ok, but gimmicky with their Soul Shards. Druids only had the battle rez, and I suppose ok healing. Hmm... make a raid of Prot Warriors, Holy Priests, and mages? Oh Rogues. They were ok, right?

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
For mages, some variation of this build was the best. Arcane Power + Frost Crit... proper raiding glass cannon. Swap out the Frost talents for Fire if you're hitting Vanilla Nax.

Talent Calculator - AoWoW - World of Warcraft Database

A Druid bear was good as the initial tank in the second fight in BWL. Also, our MT was primarily 31 fury, 20 defense. Tanked with ease through vanilla because his aggro was insane.

Sludig

Maybe my recollection is wrong. But at least pre naxx it was fury were the retards? Like I went from sorta casual guild (which had like 6+ Tfuries and rag hammers to the server top guilds like 2-3 was a point of lol even though of course they were way past us. We never cleared AQ) top DPS rogue and even though I shouldn't have been (rest were that bad) top raid dmg typically or top 3. Swapped over to the warrior because rogue had gotten pretty stale and I was impressed at the time a new friend turned me onto Arms warriors. (He would demolish pvp even with shit gear and was catching up to my rogue slowly) Together working to clear BWL for the first few times we were juggling #1 and #2 damage from the leet cleave deeps in groups + single target. Ended up getting ashkandi on Nef kills 1 and 2...

Pretty much from there until we left the guild we were untouchable. Also with our priest friend was trio of doom in battlegrounds. Ended up going in my shit like early AQ/BWL/? armor + ashkandi to one of the top 3 guilds halfway thru naxx and was getting in their top 10 and in some of the aoe area's and certain other fights taking on their cocky rogue who was geared out. (And shat on their primo geared dps warrior)

Great times. I had fun in the first expac mostly. But that top end guild went thru some drama purging down to the smaller raid sizes. Did well but we were just stuck hitting our heads on some boss in Vash snake lady raid? Our tanks/plate dps were getting shat on for months with drops. I kinda drifted out and came back off and on. (So long I'm forgetting but basically naxx 2, the grand tournament stuff and Karazan. Had fun getting thru that raid with the tank/vehicle part. But I ended up skipping panda faggotry onwards.

Sludig

Fury warrior and thunderfury, do it.
It's funny, but iirc they were trash. Think our guild which as above despite being retards were overflowing with them to the point we let the MT (long before dual spec) have a second for laughs for fury a couple days in a raid. (I think or were they unique?, feel like this was long before blizzard got more careful with that kind of thing.)

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Fury was fine. People didn't know how to play it properly, or didn't even know that it could be played competitively. Indalamar's video and the knee-jerk nerfs made certain that Fury was perceived as shit for a long time.

Aggro was the problem, especially if you were horde. Fury generated so much rage, even with spamming HS, you couldn't dump it fast enough.

I played Fury through MC, BWL, and early parts of Naxx. Had no problems topping DPS meters. My guild wasn't top teir though, so maybe my competition was suspect.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Pure fury was trash. Arms had the healing debuff which made it king in pvp (to this day, everyone still calls similar abilities "MS", or Mortal Strike), and it helped a ton to have a token arms in PVE, since bosses had pretty high regen rate, too.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Fury was not trash. This is a hyperbolic example, but it's so far out there, it should at least show what the spec could do:

Of course, if you didn't have the MS debuff covered, you should force the warrior to go arms. It wasn't that far behind fury.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Fury cleave on a fight where aggro wasn't important? Pretty much any class could pull those numbers if they were free to dump their abilities. Marksman hunters were generally able to push the top because of Feint, followed by Combat Rogues. Mages pulled aggro unless they had the Arcane talents, and even then barely touched Hunters and Rogues. No other class came near them, because their only aggro dump was death. Warlocks, Arms warriors were debuff positions.

This is a screenshot of a 40man Rag kill, first kill without the UBRS buff. There were 8 warriors, 2 warrior tanks (of course). Rogues and warriors had to go back and forth on waves, and half of them had broken weapons because Rag destroyed weapon durability on hit... so basically melee is geting fucked just like always.

serverfirst-ragkillwithoutubrsbuff.JPG

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
Someone spam me whenever they give a release date for the "fresh" server

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
I did horde back in the day, and alliance most recently on ED. If the original imba racials are in I'd lean towards horde. I know fear ward is ez mode for PvE, but Orc stun resist + axe spec is pretty legit.

Sludig

My other gripe with early horde was most of the great looked like shit on them imo. Trolls way to much like Steve erkell

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Whats the other fresh server people keep mentioning? Saw some people in game talking about it too - is it a new planned server with no transfers or something? The PvE server is in 1.12 still I think so its still pretty fresh as is so I wasn't sure.