WoW Vanilla Emu - Emerald Dream

nescio_sl

shitlord
heeeey, I wanted to try one of these vanilla WoW servers, which one should i join, nostralius or kronos? whats the difference? i'm NA if that makes a difference

Banezilla

Molten Core Raider
Both servers have good quality, Nostalrius has the largest population and that is the biggest difference.

niss_sl

shitlord
Are they 1x leveling speed. I've played on both ED and rebirth and never really made it to 60. I just couldn't do the grind. I think I got 55 on Ed and 41 and Rebirth. Le sigh

niss_sl

shitlord
I ended up installing the client and logging in. Got to level 5 as a mage and just had to sigh and log off. Many fond memories but I don't think I can stomach the grind to 60. I may give it a slow try since the server seems ridiculously healthy.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
Every now and then I play on ED for nostalgia sake. I think the best way to approach these servers is far from trying to be serious: do it as a change of pace from your standard gaming habits.
P.S.: old school feral druid brings tears to my eyes.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The nostalgia from these games is from the group/guild you played with. Playing vanilla would never be the same without the 20+ core people on comms who made you forget about the most boring shit ever.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
The nostalgia from these games is from the group/guild you played with. Playing vanilla would never be the same without the 20+ core people on comms who made you forget about the most boring shit ever.
When WoW was new, it was all but boring. Unlike today.

niss_sl

shitlord
Well I can't believe I'm playing it but I am. High teens so far and am having fun. Nostalgia is only part of the equation as I'm playing alliance for the first time. The population is insane. I don't think it was this busy even on official launch.

niss_sl

shitlord
Well I can't believe I'm playing it but I am. High teens so far and am having fun. Nostalgia is only part of the equation as I'm playing alliance for the first time. The population is insane. I don't think it was this busy even on official launch.
Still crazy and still playing. The game is actually really fun if you play it casually and don't fret over the inefficiencies of having a quest that starts in 1 zone and ends in the 5th zone. I've played exclusively with rested exp and am 52 now. Population still peaks at ~8000 players.

They just opened up a PvE server as well incase anyone is interested.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Whoa 8k? Emerald Dream is officially dead more or less, which is a good thing. Logged in a week ago for old times sake and was 1 of 30 lvl60s online.

Letsinod

Lord Nagafen Raider
Whoa 8k? Emerald Dream is officially dead more or less, which is a good thing. Logged in a week ago for old times sake and was 1 of 30 lvl60s online.
Assuming he is talking about one of the other two Vanilla servers. Nostralius (sp?) or whatever it was called...

Kayak

Trakanon Raider
Bumpppps ehhe sorry but anyone play on Nost?
Playing a 46 Horde Rogue atm. Lots of world PVP happening (on the pvp server obviously) and lots of WSG happening in the 30's and 40's. AB happens a lot less. My buddy that is 60 says AV happens often.

The PVE server released recently but I don't see much of a population change on the PVP server. If you are craving some vanilla era gaming, this server does a stand up job at it.

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
Playing a 46 Horde Rogue atm. Lots of world PVP happening (on the pvp server obviously) and lots of WSG happening in the 30's and 40's. AB happens a lot less. My buddy that is 60 says AV happens often.

The PVE server released recently but I don't see much of a population change on the PVP server. If you are craving some vanilla era gaming, this server does a stand up job at it.
I have a level 27 atm, however, I haven't been able to log on in 2 weeks. I was experiencing some heavy lag and disconnects. Now, every time I go to log in it goes through the whole sucess, entering world etc. but before it goes to character select screen it just says disconnected from server. I asked on the forums but no body even responded. Any idea how to fix this?

patrick

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I've been playing on Rebirth again. Now that nost is out the dos has stopped. The pop is low, but both factions still raid and clear BWL. AQ is soon to be released. Heard tell that the gathering event is tentatively scheduled before Christmas. Like I said the pop is low, but I like the closer community. Playing a 41 hunter named Von on horde. Have a couple ally characters too if anyone is playing and needs some help.

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
I've been playing on Rebirth again. Now that nost is out the dos has stopped. The pop is low, but both factions still raid and clear BWL. AQ is soon to be released. Heard tell that the gathering event is tentatively scheduled before Christmas. Like I said the pop is low, but I like the closer community. Playing a 41 hunter named Von on horde. Have a couple ally characters too if anyone is playing and needs some help.
I had a 33ish mage over there and went to check out Nost and play horde there. I was unable to get the Rebirth server to work again. Now neither work idk what to do. Rebirth population is low but the community and the gm's are great

patrick

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Nost gave me that problem too. Started a priest and got to 12 then for some reason it would tell me I had the wrong info. Even after I changed the password and started a new account. Some posts I saw said it would count you as banned if you tried to log in too many times. Never heard back from them about it, so I just moved back to rebirth.

They got a new website so maybe you have an older realmlist?

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
Nost gave me that problem too. Started a priest and got to 12 then for some reason it would tell me I had the wrong info. Even after I changed the password and started a new account. Some posts I saw said it would count you as banned if you tried to log in too many times. Never heard back from them about it, so I just moved back to rebirth.

They got a new website so maybe you have an older realmlist?
Nah game was working 100% fine then I experienced some bad in game lag and DCs. Figured it was a server problem but has been over 2 weeks now. I'm not mad since the server is free and all but I do really want to play and it is sort of annoying at the lack of help they give.