Wrath of Man (2021)

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
well it didn't get shut off which is the metric I use these days. 2hr movie felt about 90mins id say.

2nd half had some great action sequences. got all the characters built without feeling like you're going through character building, timeline jumping worked toward that end well. Guy Ritchie's specialty?

woot!

Trakanon Raider
Enjoyed it. I realised halfway through that it's a remake from the 2004 french movie "Le Convoyeur" (Cash Truck), which was pretty good, but quite different.
The original is a very (very) dark thriller ; more realistic, less action, but more brutal (the ending of the movie has some quite memorable scenes).

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Well this was way better then I thought it was going to be. Kinda gave off that movie Heat vibe. Really great slow burn leading up to the big heist.

Hosix

All labs matter!
Good movie. I liked the cast and the pace it went was just right. Definitely worth a watch.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This movie was awesome. Def a 10/10 for me. It didnt feel like a Guy Ritchie movie, but it was action packed.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xevy

Log Wizard
Movie was decent. Didn't feel fully Guy Ritchie to me, but wasn't awful. The disjointed choronological stuff I guess is classic Ritchie but felt a little off in this. Definitely solid movie though. Wish Statham was a little more than a "SILENT BADASS TYPE". I get why, but ehhhhhh. Would've preferred sassy Statham more in this.

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
8/10

My bar for a movie these days is whether or not I get distracted or find myself pausing too much. I made it through without feeling bored. Solid Movie

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
This movie fucks bigly.

Much darker in tone than his usual movies, basically none of the snark. Kind of a mix between John Wick and uh, Heat I guess?

The revenge plot was fine, but the way more interesting bits were all the flashbacks of the boys taking care of business trying to find the guy.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Movie was decent. Didn't feel fully Guy Ritchie to me, but wasn't awful. The disjointed choronological stuff I guess is classic Ritchie but felt a little off in this. Definitely solid movie though. Wish Statham was a little more than a "SILENT BADASS TYPE". I get why, but ehhhhhh. Would've preferred sassy Statham more in this.

Shades of Nick Cage in Happy Funhouse or whatever that piece of shit horror was. Same deal applies

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Not a cinematic masterpiece, but it's a fun, super violent popcorn action flick. I enjoyed myself, so I guess that means it was good enough.

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I liked it quite a bit. It's a little bloated in the last act for my tastes but it was a good watch.

• 1Like

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
Kept my attention and enjoyed it. Felt the army boys flashback was a bit longer than needed, but definitely enjoyed it. I can’t say that for all Guy Ritchie productions.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Enjoyed this quite a bit, but didn't have the "payoff" I was hoping for at the end. 8/10, which is probably a 10/10 in todays Hollywood.

• 1Solidarity

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I liked it quite a bit. It's a little bloated in the last act for my tastes but it was a good watch.
This. I thought the first 75% of the movie was fantastic, even though the plot device is a little cliche at this point. But, when Statham is going fucking ham with that HK G36K and they have no reaction when the bullets are peppering the shit out of them? I had to roll my eyes a bit.

Still, probably one of the better movies to come out since China Virus. Guy Ritchie just makes good fucking movies, man.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

spronk

FPS noob
Lacks the quick dialogue and banter of a usual Guy Ritchie action movie, but still good to watch. Felt really slow paced most of the time which isn't bad, just different.

I wish the movie had leaned way more into the revenge action genre, it wanted to paint H as a sort of Keyser Soze but it didn't go crazy enough. The middle part where H is with his crew though is fantastic, and the movie needed a lot more of that and a lot less of "guard crew banter"

if you liked this definitely watch The Gentlemen and Den Of Thieves

worldx

Trakanon Raider
Just finished it, but still confused.

So H is boss of a crime syndicate, that was asked to spot the truck which led to his son getting killed by the army crew. If H's people were asked to spot the truck, wouldn't they have known the people they were working with?

Unless they were 2 different crews and it was a coincidence that H was there. H's crew was just looking to get intel for later heist?