Writers Guild Strike 2023

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The wonka movie should be DOA regardless but i have no faith in humanity to skip it, and no one likes to see dead-end superhero movies. That movie is like 4 orders of magnitude dead.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

no actor press tours for aquaman 2 and wonka will kill those movies lol
i wonder if this is a ploy by the big dog actors to cull the herd of young Hollywood actors stealing their roles? it would make sense at least. way too many shows with tons of actors for everything. a correction was needed

• 2WTF
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Goatface

with dune 2 delayed and wish out for almost a month, wonka doesn't have much competition except for aquaman.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Gina going off the last few days.

"Maybe they should’ve granted waivers for ALL the non studio productions, keep people working and halt ALL studio productions if they really wanted to make a difference and reach a faster agreement…"
Pointing Out Joe Biden GIF by The Democrats

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
i wonder if this is a ploy by the big dog actors to cull the herd of young Hollywood actors stealing their roles? it would make sense at least. way too many shows with tons of actors for everything. a correction was needed

Gonna need you to tone the Chuk down a good 50%

• 1Like

Goatface

apparently the sticking point is cgi background actors, studios wants to pay one time for scans, actors want pay for each use and all that. reports says they have another day of bargaining before taking another break.
saw a report saying if they sign deal this week, wouldn't start working till jan.

• 1Like

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
apparently the sticking point is cgi background actors, studios wants to pay one time for scans, actors want pay for each use and all that. reports says they have another day of bargaining before taking another break.
saw a report saying if they sign deal this week, wouldn't start working till jan.

I cannot believe I am siding with the actors here, but the studios are being absolutely fucking retarded here. If you CGI me and then put me in a bunch of movies then you may not have to pay me a full salary for that BUT you are definitely paying me a per use of 'me' fee. The sticking point should be that fee, not that they get nothing for using their likeness.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I cannot believe I am siding with the actors here, but the studios are being absolutely fucking retarded here. If you CGI me and then put me in a bunch of movies then you may not have to pay me a full salary for that BUT you are definitely paying me a per use of 'me' fee. The sticking point should be that fee, not that they get nothing for using their likeness.
Agreed.

But much like the Israel/Palestine thing, I hope this drags out for more pain to both sides.

• 5Like

spronk

FPS noob

the funny thing is you can clearly see where this is heading, if you have AI scans of every actor and AI bots doing VFX and comps then... retarded influencers will just make the content people watch. Pewdiepie presents The Avengers starring a bunch of insta ho's

• 1Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
From the makers of "You wouldn't download a car" commercials comes the demand to download their actors (and not pay them for the copies)

• 5Like