X-Men: Days of Future Past.

Caliane

how is it reverse?

Machines killing mankind in the future.
human gets sent back in time to stop the machines from being built.

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
In terminator, the humans won the war and terminators were sent back to stop their leader. Kyle was sent back to stop the machine from killing Connor, even in T2 that was the purpose, however, young Connor figured they could stop skynet too. The machines were sent back to end the rebellion before it started.

Wolverine was sent back to end the sentinels before they started/became an issue.

*edit* wasn't clear in my meaning. Terminator sends machines back to stop humans, DoFP sends humans back to stop machines.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
We get it man, you didn't like it no need to bash our heads in with it.
I don't think we do get it. Keg is clearly explaining this in too complicated of terms. Lord Sovereign Keg, could you dumb it down for us plebeians?

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Wolverine didn't replace his claws with gold and have a heart to heart scene with Trask, hence kegkilla ultra saltiness.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
How's the 3D in this? The interwebs tell me that it was actually shot in 3D unlike Captain America which I went out of my way to see in 2D because fuck post-processing. My local theater is only showing X-Men in 3D at a time that's convenient for me, so I'm curious what others thought of it.

Still not entirely sure I want to go see the movie, since I'm not really looking forward to seeing Jennifer Lawrence continue to ruin one of my favorite Marvel characters, but whatever...

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
How's the 3D in this? The interwebs tell me that it was actually shot in 3D unlike Captain America which I went out of my way to see in 2D because fuck post-processing. My local theater is only showing X-Men in 3D at a time that's convenient for me, so I'm curious what others thought of it.

Still not entirely sure I want to go see the movie, since I'm not really looking forward to seeing Jennifer Lawrence continue to ruin one of my favorite Marvel characters, but whatever...
Saw it in 2D. I could be mistaken but while waiting for the post credit scene I saw "3D conversion by xxxxx" title. Personally I see no reason to see any movie in 3D but I'm old so...

Needless

Toe Sucker
Entirely possible I wasn't paying attention enough to the 3D, but it seemed pretty subtle without any of the gimmicks that movies like to throw in.
I honestly didn't really notice it now that i think about it lol

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Singer definitely shot the movie with Arri Alexa-M 3D camera rigs, that much was easy to confirm. I found a couple reviews focusing only on the 3D effects though, and the gist of it was that the 3D added nothing except the usual loss of brightness associated with RealD projection.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I thought the 3D was great. It definitely showed depth, as opposed to a 2D layer placed on top of another 2D layer. I specifically looked for that, because I usually shun all Real3D movies for that reason. Some are absolutely dogshit to watch, the 3D is so bad.

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
I agree with Keg to a point. Movie was just OK to slightly above average. Not as good as 1st Class, but better than the other X-Men movies of late. Not nearly as good as Cap2. 6.5/10.

Good Points:
-Fassbender as Magneto is pretty goddamned awesome. You really get a sense that other mutants have almost no chance vs him when he's wearing that helmet and Charles can't get inside his head. Without Cyclops, Storm or Jean Grey around nobody could even touch him.
-Beast throwing Wolverine around in the house was kind of cool.
-Quicksilver scenes were the best action in the movie by far and really well done.
-The Zapruder style camera work in Paris was a cool period touch.
-The Retro Sentinels are done pretty well considering it's a new design.
-This movie essentially reboots the Xmen franchise and allows you to cast new actors for future installments in the vein of 1st Class. In that sense this is one of the better reboot movies of late since X3 was dogshit and anything that excises that malignant cyst of a movie is a good thing.
Weak Points:
-All the future action stuff is rendered pointless since the timeline resets, which kills any tension these scenes may have. This is the biggest problem with the movie, as once they send Wolverine back, there's basically no point showing anything happening here.
-Future sentinels are way too strong for it to only be what? 20 years past present day considering the age of Iceman? No way has tech expanded that rapidly. Especially if most of mankind is wiped out. I agree that numbers should have been their biggest advantage.
-As someone else mentioned earlier in the thread, how did Trask capture and kill all those mutants? Especially Azazel, a very powerful teleporter?
-Lots of focus on DNA in the 70s. They're just now barely past the point where computing power allows us to look at DNA. In the 70s? Forget about it, that kind of thing was decades away, highly doubtful they'd be able to store DNA off of small blood sample for that long and have it be useful.
-The pacing of the movie is a bit slow in places, I was kind of bored during the part where Charles finally comes around. Although McAvoy really does well with the role.

So the next movie is supposed to be vs Apocalypse, right? How exactly are you supposed to even beat that guy? Have you checked out his power list? I mean really, it looks like they just kept adding powers to his stat sheet just for laughs.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
i'd recommend the 3D version... the 2D version IMO was too much of a whiney ass soap opera with some blue chick no one cares about.

Beef Supreme_sl

shitlord
I agree with Keg to a point. Movie was just OK to slightly above average. Not as good as 1st Class, but better than the other X-Men movies of late. Not nearly as good as Cap2. 6.5/10.

Good Points:
-Fassbender as Magneto is pretty goddamned awesome. You really get a sense that other mutants have almost no chance vs him when he's wearing that helmet and Charles can't get inside his head. Without Cyclops, Storm or Jean Grey around nobody could even touch him.
-Beast throwing Wolverine around in the house was kind of cool.
-Quicksilver scenes were the best action in the movie by far and really well done.
-The Zapruder style camera work in Paris was a cool period touch.
-The Retro Sentinels are done pretty well considering it's a new design.
-This movie essentially reboots the Xmen franchise and allows you to cast new actors for future installments in the vein of 1st Class. In that sense this is one of the better reboot movies of late since X3 was dogshit and anything that excises that malignant cyst of a movie is a good thing.
Weak Points:
-All the future action stuff is rendered pointless since the timeline resets, which kills any tension these scenes may have. This is the biggest problem with the movie, as once they send Wolverine back, there's basically no point showing anything happening here.
-Future sentinels are way too strong for it to only be what? 20 years past present day considering the age of Iceman? No way has tech expanded that rapidly. Especially if most of mankind is wiped out. I agree that numbers should have been their biggest advantage.
-As someone else mentioned earlier in the thread, how did Trask capture and kill all those mutants? Especially Azazel, a very powerful teleporter?
-Lots of focus on DNA in the 70s. They're just now barely past the point where computing power allows us to look at DNA. In the 70s? Forget about it, that kind of thing was decades away, highly doubtful they'd be able to store DNA off of small blood sample for that long and have it be useful.
-The pacing of the movie is a bit slow in places, I was kind of bored during the part where Charles finally comes around. Although McAvoy really does well with the role.

So the next movie is supposed to be vs Apocalypse, right? How exactly are you supposed to even beat that guy? Have you checked out his power list? I mean really, it looks like they just kept adding powers to his stat sheet just for laughs.
You know this is a work of fiction, right? This is a comic book movie; if you are holding it to a realistic standard then, well, you are a goddamned moron.

The movie was the best X-Men movie made to date and it's not even close. Not only did Singer NOT fuck up Days of the Future Past, but he managed to outright remove X3 from continuity. Fassbender and McAvoy absolutely demolished their respective roles. Dinklidge's Trask was great.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Compare technology from 1990 to 2000. I think 20 years past 2013 is not unreasonable for super Sentinels. Also, I think they said that basically machines take over. AI can probably work wayyyy more efficiently than humans.

Trask had those dead guys from the magic bullet thing they posted before this movie. Azazel was shot.

His DNA detector was pretty advanced, but he had FLYING FUCKING ROBOTS IN 1973, so suspend belief, chief.

Beef Supreme_sl

shitlord
First Class > This
anigif_enhanced-buzz-26122-1365173824-4.gif

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
i should actually put X3 in front of DofP since it at least had some enjoyable fight scenes.