Xbox Megathread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
xbox live gold going up from $40/6 months to $60/6 months

new games for feb

with gamepass ultimate gold doesn't really make any sense anymore, wonder why they still have it

This news didn't last the day before being revervsed, and on top of that F2P games will no longer require Gold.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Donut County is on GamePass now and is a fun katamari-ish puzzle distractor with an amusing sort of framing story. Won't take any time at all to play through the whole thing but it's calming and free so why not.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
probably sold out by the time you read this but series X up at costco, $540 w/ extra controller

it was up at microsoft store too yesterday for like a good 30 mins, resell value is a lot lower ($600-750 in most areas) so a bit easier to get than a PS5 i think

and yeah i played about half of donut county to get some gamerscore for the 10k challenge thing (10k rewards for 10k gamerscore), wasn't bad and pretty simple and fun. exactly the kind of game i value gamepass for, i'd never buy or play donut county for real $$ but with gamepass i'm like "fuck it, lets try it out".

The Medium launches on gp in 3 days and Yakuza3-5 are also available for preload

• 2Like

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Gamepass is truly a godsend for the indy developers. Means they can get creative and build a name for themselves without having to whore themselves out on phone-based microtransactions.

• 2Like

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
it was up at microsoft store too yesterday for like a good 30 mins, resell value is a lot lower ($600-750 in most areas) so a bit easier to get than a PS5 i think
In the Pacific Northwest, it's hard to sell them for even $600 now. After selling 3, and having to struggle at that, I decided to stop buying them. Of course, Ps5's are easier to sell and can get $750-$800 without much hassle.

• 1Pathetic

Nester

Vyemm Raider
I got a XsX at launch (fomo) even though I had a xbone X.

I tried to sell it at launch for $900 but not a single message. My ps5 was delayed so I opened up the XsX and gave the xbonex to my BIL and kids.
Ps5 arrived and I got seaman souls (wow autocorrect) and CP77.

2 month later and no question I am enjoying the XSX a ton more than ps5. Playtime is like 5 to 1.
Gamepass is so much fun!

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Nester

Vyemm Raider
probably sold out by the time you read this but series X up at costco, $540 w/ extra controller

and yeah i played about half of donut county to get some gamerscore for the 10k challenge thing (10k rewards for 10k gamerscore), wasn't bad and pretty simple and fun. exactly the kind of game i value gamepass for, i'd never buy or play donut county for real $$ but with gamepass i'm like "fuck it, lets try it out".

The Medium launches on gp in 3 days and Yakuza3-5 are also available for preload

Donut county is super fun and super short!

• 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I got a XsX at launch (fomo) even though I had a xbone X.

I tried to sell it at launch for $900 but not a single message. My ps5 was delayed so I opened up the XsX and gave the xbonex to my BIL and kids.
Ps5 arrived and I got seaman souls (wow autocorrect) and CP77.

2 month later and no question I am enjoying the XSX a ton more than ps5. Playtime is like 5 to 1.
Gamepass is so much fun!
It’s a fucking beast of a console dude

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Only played Donut County for achievement points for the 10k gamerscore with a walkthrough skipping dialog, but was fun and interesting enough I went back through again and didn't skip dialog so I knew wtf was going on. Weird, but funny and fun game. Definitely recommend.

Been checking MS store like 30 times a day and haven't caught a Series X in stock. Kinda annoying. They should really do some sort of deal where people can reserve them if they're Xbox lackeys; like Prime early access does or something. I do all their rewards and gamepass quests and now signed up for the ambassador program. They need to find a way to give actual customers an advantage over randos and bots.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
In the Pacific Northwest, it's hard to sell them for even $600 now. After selling 3, and having to struggle at that, I decided to stop buying them. Of course, Ps5's are easier to sell and can get $750-$800 without much hassle.

Sucks, bro. Sorry to hear of your struggles.

• 1Double Worf

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Got lucky and got a Series X through checkout through MS Store. First attempt I was ready to place order, but hadn't redeemed reward points yet, and once I did on a second device they wouldn't show in checkout, and when I tried to refresh the cart it bounced me out and was out of stock again. Then it was 15 minutes of refreshing the page over and over and having several orders bounce before I finally got one through, shipped today, here on Tuesday (fingers crossed).

Managed it with $300 in redeemed MS Rewards points (about a year's worth), $200 from Xbox Gift Cards that Amazon had 25% cash back on. Redeemed what was like $42 worth of points for $50 Xbox gift card. Less than $150 out of pocket. Not too shabby, and wouldn't have gotten one otherwise due to a lot of personal and medical stuff nobody needs to hear about. Basically, this will be the only biggish tech/fun purchase for me in the last year, and probably for another few years, and will thankfully be my primary source of entertainment and sanity. So pretty excited.

Edit: bad math. $200 spent.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Happysmiles

Trakanon Raider
As an update, I ended up sending my Xbox Series X in due to the frequent crashing. They had it at the service center for only a day before shipping me a new one with a new serial number. The new one hasn't crashed yet. So it seems I just got unlucky the first time with a defective machine. Figured I'd give the update here for anyone else who may be having a similar issue.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

spronk

FPS noob

nice, been wanting to play dirt 5 but not enough to pay for it, but now it comes to gamepass

• 2Like

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Wreckfest is amazing fun and been on my wishlist for a long time waiting on the right sale. Been wanting to try Elite Dangerous but even with recent sale didn't want to spend the money yet. Dirt 5 is supposed to look great on series X and/or might run okay on my old PC with old steering wheel. Gamepass keeps on delivering and saving me money!

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I managed to get the Xbox Series X, not that I need it right now but better get it while I can. Never know how hard it will be when i do want one.

Last gen was the first time I didn’t get an Xbox and didn’t feel like I missed on anything. This time around there’s a few exclusives I want, especially since I have no plans on upgrading my PC which is a GTX980 which is showing it’s age. :)

• 2Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I managed to get the Xbox Series X, not that I need it right now but better get it while I can. Never know how hard it will be when i do want one.

Last gen was the first time I didn’t get an Xbox and didn’t feel like I missed on anything. This time around there’s a few exclusives I want, especially since I have no plans on upgrading my PC which is a GTX980 which is showing it’s age. :)
Nice bro. I’m the opposite. I got sick of trying to get a new card and Xbox series x so I just got a super rig even though my current rig is above avg. Pm gamer tag we can play games together I got a Xbox X and PC gamepass. sukik sukik is the same.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
It arrived last night, nice job from Best Buy since I got it the next day.

That little thing is heavy for its size. I had tons of issues having connect to my WiFi, for some reason it kept giving me a password error even though it was the correct password. I had to remove the password from my WiFi and make it open for it to connect, then it download a patch and I was able to put the password back on the WiFi and it connected just fine.

The controller feels cheap as hell, hard plastic that feel flimsy, very light, the buttons have a very loud click feel to them. It feels nice in the hand though, I'm going to have to get the rechargeable battery thing for it since I don't want to deal with AA batteries.

I don't have anything to play for now, but as I said I got the opportunity and took it. I don't want something to come out that I want and not be able to get one. :)

• 2Like