Xbox Megathread

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
neither xbox series x or PS5 will do 1440 ultra-widescreen tho, I feel like most 1440 are ultrawide so be careful on that point.

I don't get the hate on the series s dragging things down, they make half the games for switch at this point which is like a toaster from 1980.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
neither xbox series x or PS5 will do 1440 ultra-widescreen tho, I feel like most 1440 are ultrawide so be careful on that point.

I don't get the hate on the series s dragging things down, they make half the games for switch at this point which is like a toaster from 1980.
It's pretty easy to filter out ultrawide when you want a XSX panel though... QHD (or sometimes just 2K) is the official tag for 1440p, and also the panel sizes are standardized. 34-35" = 3440x1440, 27" or 32" = 2560x1440. In my experience looking for a 27" it was much more of a pain in the ass making sure none of the ones I was getting search results for were only 1080p.

The hate for Series S is because developers MUST make their games compatible with it, so in a couple/few years it's going to be dragging everyone down just like being forced to support the plain Xbone did. Nobody's holding a gun to the devs' heads saying they gotta make a Switch port (which usually comes later and is often farmed out to companies like Saber Interactive who are experts at making shit work on potato hardware).

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
It's pretty easy to filter out ultrawide when you want a XSX panel though... QHD (or sometimes just 2K) is the official tag for 1440p, and also the panel sizes are standardized. 34-35" = 3440x1440, 27" or 32" = 2560x1440. In my experience looking for a 27" it was much more of a pain in the ass making sure none of the ones I was getting search results for were only 1080p.

The hate for Series S is because developers MUST make their games compatible with it, so in a couple/few years it's going to be dragging everyone down just like being forced to support the plain Xbone did. Nobody's holding a gun to the devs' heads saying they gotta make a Switch port (which usually comes later and is often farmed out to companies like Saber Interactive who are experts at making shit work on potato hardware).
True on the monitor size.

Still not sure on the series S, I think series S is on par with a mid range PC so it isn't dog shit or anything, they already try to make sure the graphics settings can accommodate PC laptops so not much different than that imo.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
pixels lack GIF

Gameplay > graphics. But series Slow is just plain dumb. Should’ve made double the series x.

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
My xbox one s loads slow as shit and is buggy. Assume series x runs like a ferrari compared? Think I'm gonna keep the next series x I get.

• 1Moron
Reactions: 1 user

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
target restocked ps5 and xbox couple hours ago but all ps5 sold out so some xbox. may be left

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Yeah Xbox stayed in stock long enough for it to hit front page slickdeals and still showed in stock for pickup by then. After Christmas I don’t expect these will be hard to get.

Vorph

Which is funny to me, I'm at like 95%/5% split on my consoles and didn't even turn the PS5 on for like 2 weeks this month.

• 1Like

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
It’s mostly momentum. Everyone knows Sony had the actual exclusive games worth playing last gen, and assumes (like correctly) that it will be the same this generation. Right now they are basically interchangeable with the only real difference being a PS3 remake.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Anyone have any thoughts on the Elite controllers? Was thinking about getting one for the husband for Christmas, but damn that's a steep price and I keep hearing there's a lot of stick drift (not sure if it's on the series 1 or the series 2). Also, how many hours of use does it get per charge on average?

Vorph

Anyone have any thoughts on the Elite controllers? Was thinking about getting one for the husband for Christmas, but damn that's a steep price and I keep hearing there's a lot of stick drift (not sure if it's on the series 1 or the series 2). Also, how many hours of use does it get per charge on average?
My thoughts are "wait for an Elite v3 that's specifically made for Series X". Especially since lots of people still had quality control issues with the v2. Third time's the charm... maybe?

Hopefully the wait isn't super long, because every time I turn it on in my (completely dark) room I want to choke the asshat who decided that only a $180 controller should have the option to shut the stupid light off.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob

i've had two elite 1s and currently use an elite 2 on my Series X, i wouldn't bother. The new series X (S) controller is 90-95% as good, especially with the grip textures and d-pad feel. The only thing missing are the back peddles and I'm not sure how many people really use them, I almost never use mine since they aren't on PS5 controllers.

and yeah as vorph said people have reported quality issues with stick drift and stuff. I haven't had any problems but who knows.

• 1Like

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
Ordered a seagate expansion drive for my x but I want even more storage. Anyone using external drives on their x?

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Ordered a seagate expansion drive for my x but I want even more storage. Anyone using external drives on their x?

I have a 4tb USBc drive and it works fine for non X optimised games. The X optimised ones have to go on the internal to play.

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
I have a 4tb USBc drive and it works fine for non X optimised games. The X optimised ones have to go on the internal to play.
You mean series x optimized? I have like 5 games and just 5 take up 800gb......... Ordered seagate internal expansion which is another 1tb but want more

spronk

FPS noob
i have a 8TB on my ps5 and another on my series X and its great. Any non series X optimized game can go on external and play off them just fine. A Series X optimized game has to play off internal, but you can cold storage them on external and move them back (really, really fast like 300Mb/s copies) whenever you want. I rarely delete anything, I just put it on the USB drive.

PS5s are a bit more backwards, same rules about PS5 games only can run on internal but you can't cold storage for now, you have to delete the game and reinstall to play. They said cold storage will come sometime in 2021, along with support for NVME drives.

• 1Like

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
You mean series x optimized? I have like 5 games and just 5 take up 800gb......... Ordered seagate internal expansion which is another 1tb but want more

Yeah the series X ones won't play on the USB drive Tried to launch Destiny 2 and it said it had to transfer to internal to play.

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
Anyone having issues playing modern warfare multi on xbx? Plays a-ok on my one s but when I start the game on series x says something akin to cant connect to xb live.

Nat is open, same settings on both systems. Not sure what to do at this point. Almost done reinstalling the entire game hoping that helps. Running a full unifi setup but like I said, gives my xbox one s no issues so I don't see why my network setup would give series x issues

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I tried putting the new call of duty disc in my new Ps5 and it spat the fucker out and it damn near highlandered my ass.