Xbox Megathread

spronk

FPS noob
xbox will start allowing xbox owners (?) to reserve a series S or X, dunno how it works

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
new firmware update today, 600 meg it speeds up quick resume a bit

i noticed a new Quick Resume tab under my games and apps, shows all the games that are in QR state (entire memory footprint is snapped to SSD). Nice that you can QR off that or just remove the QR state.
I haven't had much success at all with quick resume. Like a week or two ago I was playing Judgment and wanted to check something in Outriders real quick so I loaded it up, but when I went back to Judgment it was like I did a fresh launch of the game and if I hadn't saved my game just in case I would have lost any progress I'd made since the last one. Those are even both actual Series X games too.

• 1Like

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Walmart has Series X listed for $899.

Don't know how long it's been up.

• 1Barf

spronk

FPS noob

been rumors for a while of some sorta deal between microsoft and Valve for Gamepass on steam and Valve games in gamepass

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
I haven't had much success at all with quick resume. Like a week or two ago I was playing Judgment and wanted to check something in Outriders real quick so I loaded it up, but when I went back to Judgment it was like I did a fresh launch of the game and if I hadn't saved my game just in case I would have lost any progress I'd made since the last one. Those are even both actual Series X games too.

It seems hit or miss. I don't remember the game because I was just launching them at random for a rewards quest. And some game I hadn't played in weeks had a perfect resume state right where I'd left off. So, yeah, hit or miss hah.

The idea is sound, though, so I hope they keep working on it. I'd almost prefer they expand it so you can designate certain titles to quick-launch, as I find that the best feature of resume and I don't trust it to keep games saved.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
xbox will start allowing xbox owners (?) to reserve a series S or X, dunno how it works

I think it could work easily enough since everything is tied to your MS account anyhow including payment info and the expectation at least of updated contact info and address. They could even require pre-registration of the device to prevent scalpers (and theft?), the way you can buy Amazon products pre-registered. One per account until supplies are more available.

It's smart enough I assumed they already did something like that and was a bit annoyed that active Game Pass Ultimate and MS customers weren't getting some sort of option like that instead of just buying from scalpers or smashing refresh like a common pleb!

It's a good idea generally, especially with bundles that include game pass. And they could do a specific MS bank for loans (or is that already a thing?) for people who maybe couldn't or shouldn't be able to afford them! There are all sorts of things they could do to make MS Store the preferred retailer, and to the benefit of existing customers, but maybe they didn't because they have to keep other retailers happy? Is that why MS store kinda sucks, to make it 'fair' to other retailers?

I only bought a Series X from the MS Store because I had reward points and discounted gift cards. The store itself sucks and I felt a bit weird buying from my old console. But the actual customer interaction was really, really good. Prompt emails, lots of updates, fast shipping, well packaged, I think they even followed up with a general 'did everything go okay' email. And the controller with a sticky bumper (they let me keep and I fixed later) was super easy and fast to RMA. I was shocked by how great the interaction and customer service felt compared to how shitty and generic the store felt.

Maybe there's a reason, I dunno, or maybe they're just slow and incompetent in some ways from corporate bloat.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
probably oos by the time you read this but series X has been in stock around targets near me for the past 15 mins for store pickup

• 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
probably oos by the time you read this but series X has been in stock around targets near me for the past 15 mins for store pickup

How many did you get to sell on Ebay?

spronk

FPS noob
i don't resell, far easier to make money just holding stocks plus ebay is a complete shit show when it comes to fraud. every single person i've seen sell consoles on ebay has had at least 1 person claim the PS5 doesn't match what they bought and the guy gets a wii back in the box, half the time ebay eats the cost and half the time ebay says fuck you pay me.

i'm just in a bunch of discords that are chock full of resellers (using bots) so if i happen to be up its interesting to catch the restocks, even most of them are starting to say the xbox resell value isn't really there. most sell on offerup for like $625-650, which is barely a markup from $500+tax

• 1Barf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
never heard of this game but its some anime kinda thing, demo up that lets you play for 90 mins or so people seem to like it. actual game is out in june

• 1Like

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
never heard of this game but its some anime kinda thing, demo up that lets you play for 90 mins or so people seem to like it. actual game is out in june

The demo trailer for this didn't look very good, just some interesting designs:

The story trailer though looks incredible:

Vorph

Scarlet Nexus demo is exactly what I figured it would be. Definitely keeping my pre-order.

People not really paying attention to the promo material and expecting it to be another Code Vein or God Eater will likely be disappointed. If I had to compare it to another game, I'd say it's most like Astral Chain (without the frustrating and awkwardly implemented chain mechanic).

Malkav

French Madman
Scarlet Nexus demo is exactly what I figured it would be. Definitely keeping my pre-order.

People not really paying attention to the promo material and expecting it to be another Code Vein or God Eater will likely be disappointed. If I had to compare it to another game, I'd say it's most like Astral Chain (without the frustrating and awkwardly implemented chain mechanic).

You got me interested, because I was expecting it to be like Code Vein but have no interest in Souls-like games.

Vorph

You got me interested, because I was expecting it to be like Code Vein but have no interest in Souls-like games.
Yeah, it's definitely not another Souls-like. The combat is most similar to Platinum Games stuff or something like DMC.

The power-borrowing mechanic was pretty interesting in the demo, but I hope it doesn't turn into a complete gimmick where each of the other team members is just there to be a hard counter to specific enemies that can't really be killed any other way.