Xbox Megathread

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>

Ordered a pink and army green remote - come at me bro!

• 1Worf
  • 1Faggotry
Reactions: 1 users

Dizzam

Blackwing Lair Raider
Thanks. Was wondering/asking about it in the Dark Alliance thread since it seems heavily online. I'm pretty anti-social so don't even own a headset and definitely not an audiophile. Anyone think I'd notice or care between the $100 xbox vs $40 Kingston HyperX CloudX? Would only use for online occasionally and maybe to play with girlfriend in other room, so guess I'd need to get her a headset too since yelling into the other room wasn't her style lol.

should note, I'm a poor, but have a couple hundo in MS reward points/bucks.
I’m no audiophile. The Microsoft headset sounds great to me, but my last headset was a super old Turtle Beach and I thought it sounded great too. The features I like on the Microsoft headset are that it’s wireless (connects to Xbox like a controller) and the dials on the outside of the headphones you can use to quickly adjust volume and game vs chat sound.

It also can connect to your phone at the same time as the Xbox. I don’t really use that feature though.

I can’t speak to the Kingston’s. They show as on sale for me right now: $29.99 (Buy Kingston HyperX CloudX Stinger Core Gaming Headset for Xbox One - Microsoft Store).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
I’m no audiophile. The Microsoft headset sounds great to me, but my last headset was a super old Turtle Beach and I thought it sounded great too. The features I like on the Microsoft headset are that it’s wireless (connects to Xbox like a controller) and the dials on the outside of the headphones you can use to quickly adjust volume and game vs chat sound.

It also can connect to your phone at the same time as the Xbox. I don’t really use that feature though.

I can’t speak to the Kingston’s. They show as on sale for me right now: $29.99 (Buy Kingston HyperX CloudX Stinger Core Gaming Headset for Xbox One - Microsoft Store).

Thanks for the reply. I appreciate real people over every review I read that just says everything is always great, then give mediocre scores.

Wireless and/or bluetooth sound perfect for me since I swap between story moments in games and podcasts on phone as is, so would use that function on same headphones. And for xcloud streaming on phone, too, I suppose which has worked great even though my phone is a pretty basic tracfone.

May as well just bite the bullet since it's all MS reward bucks anyhow. When they're back in stock. Bleh.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Well, I’ll tell you this much… you think you are not an audiophile now, but if you get that headset and then purchase the Dolby Atmos license and start playing Atmos supported games and simply watch/listen to the Atmos demo on the Dolby app, that will change right quick. :)

It’s really one of those things that you didn’t know what you were missing until you know what you were missing.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
yeah i have the microsoft wireless headset as well ($100) and no issues, i've heard some people had it drop connection and stuff but i'd guess thats due to interference from routers or other stuff working over the same frequencies as WiFi direct, which is what the controllers and headsets use. If you have that issue maybe play with the channels your wifi router uses.

• 1Like

Nester

Vyemm Raider
That's a 1400 mAh battery with no charger, just a cable that you have to plug in if it dies while in the middle of playing a game. Versus the one I linked which is two 2600 mAh batteries for $18 (or $25 for the three battery version) with an actual charger--that charges a battery that's almost twice the capacity in half the time--so you can just hotswap the battery in like 5 seconds and not have to worry about an annoying cable.

I've got 5 of them between my X1X, XSX, and PC, some a couple years older than the others but they all hold a charge equally well. I've read they also work perfectly in 8bitdo SN30+ Pro / Pro 2, but I haven't needed to test that with my Switch yet.

I have an aversion to switching out battery packs, It annoys the heck out of me. Maybe its due to always having Nintendo or PS controllers with no removable batteries.

The MS one has a fancy USBC cord that plugs into my table beside my Game Throne so its super easy to just plug the controller in once i am done with it. The crumy battery pack gets 30 hours so no issue and i can play while its charging. The cord is 9ft but i only need 3.

To each their own i guess. I find the hotswap way more annoying than a usb-c cable that also charges my SwitchPRO.

I also like the cable as it lets me played Wired to my PC (my old PC had major Bluetooth issues)

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Game Pass updates, these games are all coming in the next week:

1624483009757.png

For streaming, touch controls added for:
  • Dirt 5
  • Double Kick Heroes
  • Eastshade
  • Empire of Sin
  • Haven
  • Octopath Traveler
  • Torchlight III
  • Yakuza: Like a Dragon
1624483053154.png

• 2Like

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
When's that new halo game coming out

• 1Worf

spronk

FPS noob

they are basically just waiting for Call of Duty 2021 to release their day before they announce theirs

Battlefield 2042 is 10/22/21

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Any recommendations for games that my 8-year-old son can play together? Couch Co-op action RPGs? The LEGO games were ok, but the open world was messing stuff up because he wants to go off and do his own thing, and I'm constantly trying to get him to progress the story/game which he doesn't give a shit about. So I was thinking like something on rails, where there's only one way to go would be nice.

We've had some good times in Minecraft Dungeons, but gets kinda stale after a while. I'm gonna hop on the Xbox and browse a little and see if anything fits.

• 1Like

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
Streaming now available to all Ultimate subs, 1080p/60.

• 2Like

spronk

FPS noob
yeah i played an hour or two of ESO over xcloud using my PC earlier this month, worked great. xCloud is really cool for most games, probably not fighting games and stuff but I had no problems playing on phone or PC. Its a fantastic way just to see if you like a game or not since you don't have to download shit and can start a game and be playing in seconds.

I could see sometime this console cycle that they allow you to play xcloud on the Series X itself, you start downloading a game but it lets you play over xcloud while it installs.

• 2Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
SO my older kid finally scored an xbox x for $600. Hes happy as shit.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
Doom Eternal next gen upgrade is out.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Bought a cheap $12 phone/controller holder. Been playing a few basic games like Slay the Spire on Xcloud while random stuff is on TV. Works great, even on my pay-per-minute phone that was basically free with purchase of minutes. Amazing the cheap gaming options these days.

I hope they do something that would facilitate streaming PC to console over local networks. Nvidia shield was awesome when it was portable or tablet, but now, meh. I don't want to buy what is like a gaming console for basically that one task. But if xbox could add that to their consoles? How would they not be the go-to in the industry? Game Pass, play anywhere, xcloud, streaming PC to TV? Would be in pretty dominate position outside of exclusives?

• 1Like

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I hope they do something that would facilitate streaming PC to console over local networks. Nvidia shield was awesome when it was portable or tablet, but now, meh. I don't want to buy what is like a gaming console for basically that one task. But if xbox could add that to their consoles? How would they not be the go-to in the industry? Game Pass, play anywhere, xcloud, streaming PC to TV? Would be in pretty dominate position outside of exclusives?
The Rainway beta app on Xbone used to do this perfectly and MS made them take it down. It even worked for an extra six months or so after it was removed from the store if you had it installed, but they finally broke the communication protocols too.

• 1Like