Xbox Megathread

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The Series X has FPS boost which allows for all those Backward compatible games to run at 60/120 frames in 4k. This one does not.
Series S does have FPS Boost for most of games on the list. There's a few that it only boosts to 60 fps while the X can do 120, and a handful more it doesn't boost at all. The only time I've run into the problem myself is with Dying Light.

The real issue with the Series S back-compat is that it is gimped on RAM and therefore cannot run Xbox One X enhanced mode. So in a game like, say, Evil Within 2--even though it's on the FPS Boost list, the Series X will run it at 1800p and the Series S is stuck with the base Xbox resolution of 1080p. X360 BC games have similar issues; FPS Boost works, but while most run anywhere from 1800p checkerboard to full 4K on Series X, the Series S is capped at 1440p.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
We have two, perfect for the kids.
Yes they are perfect for kids 100%. Like spronk spronk said they are excellent Minecraft machines. For us though they aren’t that great. The Xbox one X (the old model) is even more powerful.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Series S does have FPS Boost for most of games on the list. There's a few that it only boosts to 60 fps while the X can do 120, and a handful more it doesn't boost at all. The only time I've run into the problem myself is with Dying Light.

The real issue with the Series S back-compat is that it is gimped on RAM and therefore cannot run Xbox One X enhanced mode. So in a game like, say, Evil Within 2--even though it's on the FPS Boost list, the Series X will run it at 1800p and the Series S is stuck with the base Xbox resolution of 1080p. X360 BC games have similar issues; FPS Boost works, but while most run anywhere from 1800p checkerboard to full 4K on Series X, the Series S is capped at 1440p.
ah ok I got it confused. I knew Red Dead didn’t look as good on a S as it did in a Xbox one X.

so there is enhanced mode (amazing) and fps boost (frames)

red Dead redemption on the Xbox series X is sexier looking than some modern games (pantheon excluded)

Vorph

Original RDR? It's 1440p on Series S and 4K on Series X. 30 fps on both since R* refuses to allow FPS boost on anything they might someday milk a "remaster" out of.

RDR2 is the one that really looks like dogshit on Series S. It's 4K on Series X and a pathetic 864p on Series S because of how vastly improved the X1X version was over the base shitbox. Sadly I own it on PS so if I ever want to play it again I'm stuck with that weird 1920x2160 resolution they decided to use on PS4 Pro (and now PS5). Plus it's still 30 fps on every console.

• 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Original RDR? It's 1440p on Series S and 4K on Series X. 30 fps on both since R* refuses to allow FPS boost on anything they might someday milk a "remaster" out of.

RDR2 is the one that really looks like dogshit on Series S. It's 4K on Series X and a pathetic 864p on Series S because of how vastly improved the X1X version was over the base shitbox. Sadly I own it on PS so if I ever want to play it again I'm stuck with that weird 1920x2160 resolution they decided to use on PS4 Pro (and now PS5). Plus it's still 30 fps on every console.
Yes RDR1 I am pretty sure looks better on Xbox one X than Xbox s for sure.

I

now for Xbox series X red dead one looks phenomenal.

I haven’t tried RDR2 yet on series X but maybe I should

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Started playing Red Dead 1 on Series X today and wow it does look amazing. Are there any other older games I should be trying on Series X that have this kinda of enhancement to look this good?

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Started playing Red Dead 1 on Series X today and wow it does look amazing. Are there any other older games I should be trying on Series X that have this kinda of enhancement to look this good?
I need to do this. What's the best option for getting older games like RD? GameStop? Amazon? MS store?

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Was looking at the Razer Xbox controller with Boba Fett design. Kinda cool and only $75 through store and can use reward points balance. But are the actual controllers any different or better? Or just a skin for nerdgasm collecting?

spronk

FPS noob
I need to do this. What's the best option for getting older games like RD? GameStop? Amazon? MS store?

buy it digitally imo, it drops to $10 all the time from $30 msrp. It doesn't include any DLCs though, while the GOTY edition is only available as disc (amazon, walmart, etc) and includes the undead DLC and a few others. But you can buy all the DLCs digitally as well when they go on sale. I 100%'d the digital game on my xbox one X years ago and it was fantastic, I can imagine it only runs even better on a series X. There were rumors of a remaster using the RDR2 engine for years but that seems dead now, Rockstar more or less dropped all support for the RDR franchise and is entirely focused on GTA 6 now.

Was looking at the Razer Xbox controller with Boba Fett design. Kinda cool and only $75 through store and can use reward points balance. But are the actual controllers any different or better? Or just a skin for nerdgasm collecting?

i bought it and currently have it on my PC as second controller. Its a razer controller not a microsoft one but seems identical to the microsoft one, except it comes with its own charging stand (uses power port not USB, and rechargable battery already in the controller but can swap out if it ever dies). I've had other variants before and they are fine. They don't have any extra features like the elite 2 like back paddles or anything but no issues with stick drift or anything afaik.

The mandalorian controller is also on the microsoft store for $75 but I prefer the boba fett look. I think they are currently OOS on the store tho

• 1Like

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
The mandalorian controller is also on the microsoft store for $75 but I prefer the boba fett look. I think they are currently OOS on the store tho

Thanks for info. Was assuming a basic controller but good they're at least not junk. And yeah, been oos. Boba Fett was back in stock a few hours this morning is why I asked. Had one in cart but forgot it there as it's pretty neat looking and I'm not usually one for collectables. The Mando one isn't as interesting and even my girlfriend laughed and said it just looked like a metal trash can but that Fett was kinda cool. So might just get to one with reward points.

Wish the expansion drives would be in stock. Been waiting on one with the girlfriend's rewards account that is now up to $400 with nothing much to buy otherwise. Might just use it for Target gift cards that I can gift to her with her own MS rewards money.

Vorph

They haven't said anything about changing Game Pass getting all their first party games on day 1. I would expect to see a price increase on GPU soon though.

spronk

FPS noob
Do we know if Starfield going to be a Gamepass day 1 launch?

yes, starfield is a gamepass day 1 launch. Every microsoft first party studio game will be, including in the future Call of Duty and World of Warcraft if regulators approve the Activision/Blizzard purchase.

It doesn't usually include deluxe editions etc, so for example FH5 launched on gamepass but if you wanted the car pass, early access, VIP pass, etc you had to shell out $40 extra.

spronk

FPS noob
similar to playstation yearly wrapup,

1671585794580.png

• 1Like