Xbox Megathread

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Heads up xbox 360 store closing down July 2024

also

great walking sim *cough* I mean game if you have not played it.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Nice, I missed that Payday 3 was coming to Game Pass.,

1692389841041.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Nice, I missed that Payday 3 was coming to Game Pass.,

View attachment 487175
Nice, glad Forza is included. Not sure why I didn't think that.

The Eneba deals are great, think i paid $40ish for three years last year using the conversion method.

Can I add the 3 month Live cards to an existing subscription or does it still need the $1 conversion for new/lapsed subscription.

• 1Like

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Did they consolidate the subscriptions? Is it just live and gold now?

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
So Xbox Live is going away September 15th entirely being replaced with a couple flavors of Gamepass.

As of now, you can buy 3 month Xbox Live subscriptions on the cheap and it will convert to 51 days of Gamepass Ultimate. Meaning you are 9 days short of a 2 month sub. Basically this amounts to paying $7.20 compared to $16.99x2 = $33.98 give 9 days) You can stack up to 3 years of the service. So IE:

Let's say you have let your sub lapse or are paying month to month. It would be roughly $158.62 for 3 years of gamepass ultimate using this trick (Also legal MS allows it) compared to if you paid retail price which would be $611.64. 80% savings.

When Xbox live is deprecated, you can expect Xbox Live subscription cards to go away as well. So basically you will have until the 15th of september to stack up to 3 years of GMP for a much lower price.

I am good now until August 2026 - spent about $120 (My GMP was set to expire March 2024).

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Surprised they haven't done more of this kind of thing sooner.

1692634842972.png

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
So Xbox Live is going away September 15th entirely being replaced with a couple flavors of Gamepass.

As of now, you can buy 3 month Xbox Live subscriptions on the cheap and it will convert to 51 days of Gamepass Ultimate. Meaning you are 9 days short of a 2 month sub. Basically this amounts to paying $7.20 compared to $16.99x2 = $33.98 give 9 days) You can stack up to 3 years of the service. So IE:

Let's say you have let your sub lapse or are paying month to month. It would be roughly $158.62 for 3 years of gamepass ultimate using this trick (Also legal MS allows it) compared to if you paid retail price which would be $611.64. 80% savings.

When Xbox live is deprecated, you can expect Xbox Live subscription cards to go away as well. So basically you will have until the 15th of september to stack up to 3 years of GMP for a much lower price.

I am good now until August 2026 - spent about $120 (My GMP was set to expire March 2024).
So with that (on PC), do I need to buy a bunch of Xbox Live subscriptions from Amazon or something, buy a month of Ultimate, and then convert it all?

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Surprised they haven't done more of this kind of thing sooner.

View attachment 487533

Ah, it's a Starfield wrap. Thought LGHDTVIAQ+ Pride, but didn't seem rainbow enough. Probably not even gay enough for a Bethesda game. Hope they do some better ones.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

I think what he is asking is can you (while having ultimate active say only to 2024), enter the gold codes before September and max out the three years?

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Not too sure on that. I was only concentrated on getting my Xbox Gamepass Ultimate to max 3 years :)

• 1Solidarity

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Ah, it's a Starfield wrap. Thought LGHDTVIAQ+ Pride, but didn't seem rainbow enough. Probably not even gay enough for a Bethesda game. Hope they do some better ones.
Unless you're really into the Starfield design, I like the dbrand ones better. Theirs are super thin and use actual adhesive (non-residue), while the MS version looks really thick and is just folded around the console and held in place with velcro. The Series X has enough heat problems, it doesn't need insulation wrapped around it too.

Been really tempted to get the one of the dbrand damascus skins for mine. Probably obsidian, since I don't care about the issues the metallic skins have with wifi. Only thing wifi is good for is phones and light bulbs imo.

So with that (on PC), do I need to buy a bunch of Xbox Live subscriptions from Amazon or something, buy a month of Ultimate, and then convert it all?
It's been ages since I did the initial sign-up and conversion deal but my understanding is that 1:1 conversions went away quite a while ago. It should be 3:2 now for new/lapsed subs according to what I see on reddit. If you have an active Game Pass sub the conversion is 3 months = 51 days, so I guess it's marginally better.

As for the codes themselves, they don't have an expiration date so whatever you buy now should be good indefinitely. Once the switch over happens next month they will stop producing new XBL codes so whatever stock is left is all there will be, and that will probably run out quickly and/or get price gouged to be even worse than just buying GPU straight up. They could change the conversion rate again too I suppose, but that would be a rather shitty thing to do and I don't think MS would want that kind of bad press on something that's not costing them anything (codes were already sold and the loophole will be closed).

And definitely do not buy from Amazon. Eneba is what you want. Just use paypal if you don't like giving random companies your CC info.

PS--The price for XBL 3 month is down to $6.88 now. Not too bad, got 8 codes to top mine up to a full 3 years again for pretty much the same price I paid for 7 last time.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
Just grabbed 7 to max mine out when I saw they were $6.88.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Just grabbed 7 to max mine out when I saw they were $6.88.
Thanks guys they were $7.10 now maxed mine to august 2026. It works my ultimate went to 2025 and it still allowed more gold.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Thanks guys they were $7.10 now maxed mine to august 2026. It works my ultimate went to 2025 and it still allowed more gold.
It let you do it with a pre-existing? I thought it could only be done with using that $1 conversion on new or lapsed accounts. If so, I'm about to top off the sub.