Xbox Megathread

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah I just added a little over a year via the Eneba deals (got a Slickdeals alert), probably should have added more.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
New home UI is rolling out, have been using it for a bit and have liked the tweaks.

1690399816498.png

• 1Faggotry
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
The new home screen is AIDS, so if you like it that means you're probably homosexual or a drug addict.

I want to customize it how I want, with things I care about and make what I want easy access. Now it only shows two user controlled groups and the rest is basically a netflix style ad blitzing for Game Pass and sponsor shit.

More recently opened items is okay, I guess, but wasn't ever a critical issue.

I don't want shit they recommend that I can click more/less like this. If I always click less will it fuck off? Probably not since they already have their recommendations you can't even click less like those!

I don't need "browse your games" as one of the first shortcuts because I have a group for games I'm currently interested in and browsing my games was only ever a few clicks away.

I don't want "Recently added -Game Pass" to be before my games group and in huge fucking icons where I'll have to see it every time I want to get to things I actually care about.

Fuck your friends and community updates and all the other fucking shit I don't want to see all the time. What!? ESPN+?! Thank God I'm finally being informed of these important matters!!!

TOP ENTERTAINMENT APPS!!!!!!! Yasss finallllyyy!!!

It's shit. It's like when Netflix went from an amazing algorithm that would actually get to know your tastes and recommend things you'd like... to just shovelling their in-house shit into your face nonstop with an endless doomscroll of vaguely different genres and categories.

And of course people in the insider program kept telling them it was shit, but they didn't listen. Because they only care about shoving game pass promotions directly into your soul through your eye sockets at this point.

Reminds me of the amazing PKD story where the guy is being stalked by a robot that advertises itself to the person and refuses to go away until you pay for it's services to fix the shit it breaks. And then gets stuck with it on a slow moving space ship with a crash course into the sun when the guy wants to kill himself to get away from the 24/7 ad blitz.

Oh, wow, now I have a forced group called "captivating stories" that is just half full of games from the "games" group I made for myself. So innovative and next gen!

Fuck these assholes and the retards that MS thinks they're needing to pander or cater to.

• 2Truth!

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Makes it easier easier to search... by putting a search icon on the screen that also tells you to simply click "y" to search!

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Can't imagine having such a sad life that the Xbox UI is something I get worked up over

• 2Pathetic
  • 1Worf
  • 1GreNeg
Reactions: 4 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
The new home screen is AIDS, so if you like it that means you're probably homosexual or a drug addict.

I want to customize it how I want, with things I care about and make what I want easy access. Now it only shows two user controlled groups and the rest is basically a netflix style ad blitzing for Game Pass and sponsor shit.

More recently opened items is okay, I guess, but wasn't ever a critical issue.

I don't want shit they recommend that I can click more/less like this. If I always click less will it fuck off? Probably not since they already have their recommendations you can't even click less like those!

I don't need "browse your games" as one of the first shortcuts because I have a group for games I'm currently interested in and browsing my games was only ever a few clicks away.

I don't want "Recently added -Game Pass" to be before my games group and in huge fucking icons where I'll have to see it every time I want to get to things I actually care about.

Fuck your friends and community updates and all the other fucking shit I don't want to see all the time. What!? ESPN+?! Thank God I'm finally being informed of these important matters!!!

TOP ENTERTAINMENT APPS!!!!!!! Yasss finallllyyy!!!

It's shit. It's like when Netflix went from an amazing algorithm that would actually get to know your tastes and recommend things you'd like... to just shovelling their in-house shit into your face nonstop with an endless doomscroll of vaguely different genres and categories.

And of course people in the insider program kept telling them it was shit, but they didn't listen. Because they only care about shoving game pass promotions directly into your soul through your eye sockets at this point.

Reminds me of the amazing PKD story where the guy is being stalked by a robot that advertises itself to the person and refuses to go away until you pay for it's services to fix the shit it breaks. And then gets stuck with it on a slow moving space ship with a crash course into the sun when the guy wants to kill himself to get away from the 24/7 ad blitz.

Oh, wow, now I have a forced group called "captivating stories" that is just half full of games from the "games" group I made for myself. So innovative and next gen!

Fuck these assholes and the retards that MS thinks they're needing to pander or cater to.

Lost all customization, only two groups, and now the Home Screen is cluttered with useless shit and 90% ads. Who in the ever living fuck thought this was a good idea? It’s like when Sony didn’t bring folders over on the main bar with PS5.

• 1Like

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Can't imagine having such a sad life that the Xbox UI is something I get worked up over

The fact you see people discussing shitty Xbox UI changes in the Xbox thread and your first thought is to make it into some personal hero narrative about how much sadder other people's lives must be compared to yours is probably a little bit sadder.

Did you actually feel better about yourself posting something so pathetic?

Is your gut reaction now to post some sad shit where you pretend I'm very angry... As if that should somehow make you feel better about yourself.

Hope you get the help you need.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Lost all customization, only two groups, and now the Home Screen is cluttered with useless shit and 90% ads. Who in the ever living fuck thought this was a good idea? It’s like when Sony didn’t bring folders over on the main bar with PS5.

And it sounds like they had months of feedback that people didn't like the changes, particularly reducing customization. So they ignore their testers, push through the changes, and then publish press releases on how it's a great success and everyone loves the increased customization!

I knew it was going to be shit when all the video game "journalists" were jizzing over how amazeballzzzz the changes were.

It's all so predictable.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob

last 2 GWG games ever, after this gwg is converting to gamepass core and there will be a small library of 25 games you get with it. any GWG games you claim are yours forever I think, or at least as long as you have an active gp sub.

• 1Like

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
I've dutifully clicked on my "free" games for years and don't recall playing a single one of them. Not saying it's not a great system for the game horders, just that nothing of value will be lost.

I suppose I like the idea of some permanent gamepass games, if that's how they're doing it. But probably be another situation of sounds nice on paper but mostly meh in practice.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
any true xbox fans here

just need an xbox car to go along with it

• 1WTF
  • 1Worf

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
So the price on 3 month live cards is down to 7.26. Last night I bought 10 - that puts me at August 2025 right now. Thinking I might just buy 6 more and get the last year (Max you can go) since we do not know if they keep the conversion after September 15th and will likely see an increase in pricing if they keep it anyway.

Vorph Vorph seems like a good price?

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So the price on 3 month live cards is down to 7.26. Last night I bought 10 - that puts me at August 2025 right now. Thinking I might just buy 6 more and get the last year (Max you can go) since we do not know if they keep the conversion after September 15th and will likely see an increase in pricing if they keep it anyway.

Vorph Vorph seems like a good price?
$8.11 after the service fee is about what it was during the sale last month, so yeah that's not bad.

• 1Like

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
I grabbed enough at $7.20 to get me to 8/2025 as well, may also extend it out to 2026, thanks for the heads up Ut!

• 1Solidarity