Xbox Megathread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Is also solo time trial stuff with rivals challenges that is competitive but not online per se. Lots to do, including finding billboards in random places exploring.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Since they end of life'ed it, they should really bring back some of the areas or features from it as a throwback to the fans of the series. I've never played it, and it'd be sweet to get it as a DLC or something. $20 and you get to go to Australia or something?

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
This will save me one Xbox subscription fee, as my son only plays Fortnite and Roblox. Loosely related, wish they had a family plan.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
i dunno how it works but can't you make his console your accounts "home" console and then he gets all the xbox gold/ultimate stuff when he logs in his account? You'd have to then login and be online on your own xbox to play games, but i think it should let 2 consoles share digital games, online access without paying twice, all gamepass games, etc

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Yes, in theory that's how it's supposed to work, but it acts weird sometimes with some games.

My old One S is set to "home" but some games still acts like there isn't active Game Pass. Killer Instinct won't register as Game Pass being active on other accounts on the One S now, even if I'm logged in. One time trying to play co-op and we had to log out completely, log my account in first before all the characters were available. Girlfriend said some other game did the same thing on the One S, but I don't remember which.

Everything works fine on the new Series X, even on other accounts, even though it isn't the "home" Xbox, as long as my account is also logged in.

In general, though, she can access Game Pass games and services on that "home" Xbox One S, though, just some weirdness with specific games it seems. Definitely a good solution for getting benefits across 2 consoles.

They have all the "family" settings and connections, so kind of surprised they don't have some sort of family or 'household' plan though.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Forgot why I came here. Trying to uninstall a game through Xbox app on PC: Just open the app, click to uninstall a game, it doesn't uninstall. Hrm, click "details" tab to see if... doesn't matter, no details pop up. Wait, there's a pending update. No problem, app is easy to use! Just download and install the update to the game you want to uninstall before the app let's you uninstall it! Now I clicked uninstall, but never clicked to up update, it's asking if I want to "resume install". Do I want to resume install on my uninstall? Yes, I think.... Nope, it's updating the game by "resuming" an install I never started because I was trying to uninstall.

Dumb thing is I'm just trying to reinstall Forza Horizon 4 to a different folder in the hopes I can fix broken wheel support because it blocks access to the logitech profiler program with default install location. But can't find a 'reinstall' option like the mobile App has that is mostly useless because it's just default install location.

But it definitely is easy to click on all these steps I didn't want to take, so I'll give them credit for that.

Edit: Said update so I figured what the hell how big could it be, will just update and then uninstall. Now it says error 2% into the 79GB install. That sounds like the whole game! So, it uninstalled, but still registered an update, and tried to install the update, but the game had been 'uninstalled', so it tried to download the whole game again to install the update I needed to install to uninstall, and now something is causing an error.

What could be the error? Oh, great, I'm running out of space! Well, golly, uninstalling the game would sure free up some space! So, now I guess I'll need to uninstall something else to let the Xbox App do whatever the fuck it's trying to do so I can install the update so I can uninstall the game so I can reinstall the game onto the same drive that had 73GB free when Horizon 4 was fully installed 20 minutes ago before I needed to 'update' it to uninstall it.

Cancelled installation of whatever it was trying to install, and now the game isn't on the list in the Xbox App, but it didn't free up the space the game was taking up. So, manual delete time? So easy!

Went to uninstall programs... games I know are installed don't show up. No biggie, uninstalled something else, not going to hunt for shit right now.

Go to reinstall Horizon 4 from the App and it only gives a drive option, so doesn't let me put it into a specific folder that isn't protected, only the default on C. Now, maybe I guess I need to free up one of my smaller SSDs and set it up just so I can install one game, but it'll probably be 'protected' there, too, because MS somehow manage to be retarded when it comes to the fucking PC, ironically.

Last edited:

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, I learned that lesson too -- never uninstall a game that has a pending update. Fortunately in my case it was just Bloodstained which is only a few GB.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Trying to figure out why I was so short on storage. 38 gigs of temp files, including 32GB of previous windows installations and 4GB of windows update cleanup.

Or, under temporary files, it'll go ahead and delete stuff in my downloads folder, but gives a warning making me think it isn't temporary stuff at all, but stuff I downloaded, instead of just deleting their leftover junk.

I guess their plan is working, because this is why I said fuck it and just started gaming on console like a pleb.

So easy.

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
i dunno how it works but can't you make his console your accounts "home" console and then he gets all the xbox gold/ultimate stuff when he logs in his account? You'd have to then login and be online on your own xbox to play games, but i think it should let 2 consoles share digital games, online access without paying twice, all gamepass games, etc

That works with 2 Xboxes, we have 3.

spronk

FPS noob
not sure how it works but walmart selling that xbox thing where you pay a monthly fee for the hardware too

spronk

FPS noob

also lol $500 headphones

i actually own a pair of B&O 9h's bluetooth headphones for my exercise, they are ok but i wouldn't call em $500 worth or anything

spronk

FPS noob
cannot unsee anal battle

Ey4OVbBUcAAHEhU.jpeg

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
Saves me at least 1 sub. They still could really use a family plan of some sort.

• 1Solidarity

spronk

FPS noob

new firmware update today, 600 meg it speeds up quick resume a bit

i noticed a new Quick Resume tab under my games and apps, shows all the games that are in QR state (entire memory footprint is snapped to SSD). Nice that you can QR off that or just remove the QR state.

Last edited:
  • 1Like