XCOM 2

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
Please do not crush my dreams
frown.png
Then allow me since I'm cold like that!

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...amepad-support

XCOM 2 developer Firaxis doesn't plan on launching its upcoming turn-based strategy sequel with gamepad support, though it intends to add that later.

Admittedly that is an older article though.

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
Please do not crush my dreams
frown.png
The steam controller will control XCom 2 without native pad support required in a superior way than your 360 pad most likely. Don't disregard the Steam Controller option. Thing is boss, and you can do exactly what you wanted to do anyways. The steam controller can bind any mouse or keyboard command to itself, it has 2 extra buttons, 2 extra soft pull triggers, mouse sensitive cursor control through the haptic pads, and contextual binding to activate even more hotkeys. Check out the end of the steamware thread for some posts on it. I plan myself on playing this game with my steam controller and I'm 95% confident that it can handle the task. The only thing that could possibly cause difficulties is if there is like 20+ keybinds - which would likely be a terrible PC UI to begin with, otherwise there is some config that will be amazing.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Wait a minute, that was definitely Jon Bailey in the trailer, but I thought they replaced him for XCom 2. It definitely didn't sound like him in the gameplay footage Beagle posted.

Sulrn

Deuces
The only gripe I have so far is that they only retooled the classes from EU/EW and gave them new names. Would have appreciated a retool and additional classes. Would have been interested to see what would happen with 6+ classes and trying to figure out the optimum squad + mechs.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
There is supposedly a 5th unrevealed class, but yeah. And if there aren't any MECs, I'll be sad.

Krag

Peasant
There is supposedly a 5th unrevealed class, but yeah. And if there aren't any MECs, I'll be sad.
Not supposedly
smile.png

There's also apparently a sixth class coming in DLC down the road, but I don't know how far away that is. And then there's the 30 odd classes that will be coming through mods the first week, half of which will be ninjas and jedis of course.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Why would you be surprised there is dlc when the last one had it? You can buy it now or you can wait 2 years and buy the game and all dlc's for 25% of the original price, the choice is yours.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
So help me understand the hype. I played the other X-Com, it was fun. It wasn't earth shattering. This looks like the same exact game on the same exact engine with different level design. Pretty much or am I missing something?

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Enemy Within was a lot better than the base game. I think people are expecting a further progression of awesomeness with the sequel.

Sulrn

Deuces
So help me understand the hype. I played the other X-Com, it was fun. It wasn't earth shattering. This looks like the same exact game on the same exact engine with different level design. Pretty much or am I missing something?
I feel the same way, but EU was a solid game with replayability (x10 with mods) that then got better with EW. Well worth $20-40 (EU/W combined). The sequel looks to offer the same value on top of expanding (albeit somewhat slightly while simultaneously removing content) the mechanics. They're also releasing a fully supported dev kit in an attempt to future proof the game. If you enjoyed the first game this is shaping up to be a justifiable purchase - especially if you wait and grab it + DLC on sale.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Why would you be surprised there is dlc when the last one had it? You can buy it now or you can wait 2 years and buy the game and all dlc's for 25% of the original price, the choice is yours.
EW was basically an expansion. Or at least as much like one that it didn't ever set off my "FUCK YOU DLC" alarm. 3 pre-planned DLC on release (one of them is just a fucking 6th class?) can suck my ass, though.

-edit- Oh I guess you might be referring to the soldier customization pack or something? I dunno, EU had a couple random trash DLCs, but a 6th class is not trash. Thus basically required purchase, thus FUCK DLC.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
They did the exact same thing with the last one. It was called slingshot or something. Buck up.

wonder if they are going to do the same cross game promotion that they did with X-Com, if you bought it then you could build the X-Com Squad unit in Civ 5 BNW