XCOM 2

Funkor

Molten Core Raider
Watched a bit more of Beagle streaming this today. God damn I'm so psyched for this.
Looks solid, but even the highest difficulty looks to be kind of a joke if you're actually good at Xcom. Good thing they made modding INI files super easy for making the game as hard or as easy as you want.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
If you're referring to Beagle's stream, he modded the hell out of the ini which probably contributed to him having so many flawless missions on legend difficulty.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
If you're referring to Beagle's stream, he modded the hell out of the ini which probably contributed to him having so many flawless missions on legend difficulty.
Didn't he say he modded it to beharder? I just began watching the VOD, and he says he added HP to every enemy, and +1 units per pod. What are you thinking he did to make it easier?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
He messed with gear a bit, and the game length somehow? I suspect he was teching up faster than the enemy could account for despite the buffs he added. And I seriously hope he didn't add +1 units per pod, because he was still only getting pods of 3.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Well, I just watched the intro mission, and it had pods of 4, and he explained it. To be clear, this is at the beginning of his 12 hour VOD from Thursday. No clue if he changes things around again later.

......... And as I type this, he just said in addition to modding hp and pod size UP, he modded build times and excavation times DOWN, because on legendary by default, build times are 2x, so due to the preview version being limited in duration, he figured his stream / vids would be more interesting if he was able to get more than one (or none) things completed.

So I'm sure that helps SOME, but getting early tech slightly ... earlier shouldn't have that much of an effect for a player like him, and again it's probably more than offset by the HP and pod size ++.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Is he still on the preview version? I know some press got access to the full game. and friday night he was definitely only getting pods of 3.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Well, he's on the preview version for this VOD of his Thursday stream. Dunno what he did yesterday, nor do I know what his Youtube series he began is, although I think it's probably preview version for that.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Just reloaded to play Ironman-Impossible-Marathon. That is some bullshit. Forgot that the game really never gets any harder, but it stretches out research, and build times. Had to sell everything in the first month just to get 3 more Sats up. But in month 3 I lost 5 countries before I got he map stabilized. Now it's the long game to Feb 5

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
25% off XCom 2 at GMG if you haven't already preordered.

Most Anticipated Games of 2016

And yeah marathon sucks. Doesn't appear like they really playtested the changes at all, I think Long War would be a lot better way to spend your time between now and the day of days.

Krag

Peasant
Is he still on the preview version? I know some press got access to the full game. and friday night he was definitely only getting pods of 3.
He began with the +1 health and +1 enemy and had 4 enemies in the pods, but at some point later he started over with a new game only modded for build/research speed (I think). I have no idea how hard legend is or isn't, but he is definitely getting upgrades way faster than what it's balanced for, so that could well be a contributing factor to getting lots of flawless missions.

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
I definitely think that Beagle's research tweak is much more imbalanced than it appears at first glance. Technologies are pretty important, and I would assume that the preview build they are playing does not expose you to enemies that may be designed to make higher tech struggle. Combined with higher tech + limited enemy pool, it may give you the result we see.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
25% off XCom 2 at GMG if you haven't already preordered.

Most Anticipated Games of 2016

And yeah marathon sucks. Doesn't appear like they really playtested the changes at all, I think Long War would be a lot better way to spend your time between now and the day of days.
A big deal was made back in November about GMG selling "grey market" keys - keys that GMG buys super cheap because the intended sale location's local currency is highly devalued. Don't get me wrong, I love the prospect of new games at 25% off, but I do wonder how much of that $45 the devs see vs paying the whole $60 on Steam.

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
Wow, I am amazed it runs that well with like 20+ soldiers all overwatching, thats pretty damn good.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah I've actually seen the old bug from the first one where it sits there forever trying to run a single overwatch, I'm surprised that didn't pop up even once during 50+ overwatch shots.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
That and the firing animations used to run pretty slow too during overwatch attacks.

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
A big deal was made back in November about GMG selling "grey market" keys - keys that GMG buys super cheap because the intended sale location's local currency is highly devalued. Don't get me wrong, I love the prospect of new games at 25% off, but I do wonder how much of that $45 the devs see vs paying the whole $60 on Steam.
Pretty common practice. G2A / MMOGA are muuuuuuuuuuuuch bigger offenders.