XCOM 2

Sulrn

Deuces
Propaganda Center doesn't use XCom 2 mods. Sadness.

Was going to make some Delta Squad propaganda tonight, but no dice without the armor mods.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Commander Droigan, Xcom 2 has encountered an error and needs to shut down.

So crashes are a thing. Hopefully not frequent though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Warning to Ironman players (I am not on ironman at the moment).

Just had a bug where I was dashing forwards to cover. Path was behind two closed subway doors. My soldier ran into them as they opened slowly. It kept on with the running animation into the door while it sort of glitched open very choppily (not FPS, just the animation). It suddenly opened and the soldier gained all momentum and shot across the map. It aggroed every pod on the way, far beyond my sight. It moved around 3-4 turns worth of full dash. Not just a visual glitch, the soldier moved physically there, but the spot I originally intended the solder to go to was also blocked now (couldn't move another soldier there), but empty since my soldier was half way across the map. Turn ended and it got mind controlled far the hell away and I lost sight of it as the map then closed since it was far away from any visual range.

So yeah. That's a thing that can happen.

• 1Worf

YxxanYxxan

Lord Nagafen Raider
Bleah this is too buggy for me. Enemy units moving on top of each other, stutter/freezing and the occasional crash. I absolutely loved Xcom 2 but this feels unpolished.

goishen

Macho Ma'am
Do you still have mods enabled? If so, that's prolly why. Ya gotta give 'em time to work out what the mods will do with the expansion.

• 1Like
  • 1Smuggly
Reactions: 1 users

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, all my mods are off, only bug I noticed was one of the Lost teleporting way the fuck past my party, like Droigan described earlier. Otherwise not a hitch.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Have all mods disabled too. They are disabled by default when you select the DLC with warning triangles next to them to probably to show they are not yet compatible with the expansion.

Not had another full crash, but there are ... "behaviour" bugs tied to positioning. IE: When explosions move characters by falling it can drop them into the ground.

Dansgaming had one of those happen to him. A soldier fell unconscious and he couldn't select it anymore. Could see the health bar and when targeting the ground with a grenade, part of the body of the soldier showed, but no square around it or below would let him select revival or carry, so he had to evac without the soldier after the mission which led to the soldier being captured. Which is why they are mostly now running "honest man" where you chose not to reload except for bugs instead of ironman where you can't reload when a bug happens to kill your soldier/squad. Game is hard enough without having to deal with things that cause your soldiers to recreate the events of Leeroy Jenkins.

goishen

Macho Ma'am
I just go up and click on Disable All Mods and it takes the radio button out of the left hand bar for all of them. All the buttons are checked by default.

I mean, I dunno. I'm not trying to say that I know how this game works, I'm just telling you what I do and I haven't had a problem yet.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
capnbub's accessory pack was already updated for wotc, game doesn't feel right without the tac mask.

• 1Like

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Holy shit the UPDATE is 30gb.

Should have started this earlier :(

Indeed - my woman saw me playing and wants to.... dumbass installed XCOM: EU last night not XCOM2 to prep for it, she's nearly done, but was like 8 hrs of DLing at an almost constant 6-7 MB/s.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
So just to confirm, the game starts just as before? When do the zombies come in?

A few missions into the new tutorial (First mission is identical though with just a little new cutscene), however you do need to make sure to select the WotC DLC from the launcher. It defaults to the normal game the first time you open it.

• 1Like

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
A few missions into the new tutorial (First mission is identical though with just a little new cutscene), however you do need to make sure to select the WotC DLC from the launcher. It defaults to the normal game the first time you open it.

Yea, I launcher wanted to default to original for me too - was scratching my head for a sec why the intro was exactly the same until I redid the launcher.

So just to confirm, the game starts just as before? When do the zombies come in?

Assuming you're running the correct one, with the tutorial (which you absolutely should first time again it overlaps SOME with the old tutorial but not that much) - there will be a new cutscene before the OG XCOM2 starting cutscene with a chick finding the commander's storage pod.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Too early to be sure what the optimal build order is imo, but holy shit the reapers have a resistance order called 'between the eyes' that makes any hit on a lost an instakill. Sharpshooters and the psionic hero effortlessly mow down hordes of lost with pistol fire. I'm thinking it's between GTS and Resistance ring for first build. Probably still GTS so you don't delay your first squad size increase, but you want a resistance ring up asap regardless.