XCOM 2

Krag

Peasant
The strategic layer previewed at Gamescom. XCOM 2 is now even more my most anticipated game.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I came

*edit*

Man if they can actually deliver on their promises of the randomization having a significant effect on the way each playthrough progresses, I'll dive into this game and never come up for air.

As long as there is enough randomization to shake things up a bit, so it's not as linearly predictable as Enemy Unknown was, I'll be satisfied, but if they manage to make it so every playthrough is fairly unique, I'll be blown away.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Uhhhh ok that allays most of my fears/trepidation. Holy shit, that preview was goooooooooooooood. Can't fucking wait now.

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
I want this game tomorrow, but just like the Witcher 3 - I'll wait until its amazing. As a fan, that's really what I want. If the game needs 6 extra months - it needs 6 extra months. Thank god they don't have to force it out the door. The Long War guys ensured we got a better product than we otherwise might have with Xcom 2.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
I really want them to take all the time they need, too. But, damn, now the rest of 2015 is going to suck. Ugh.

Laura

Lord Nagafen Raider
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
frown.png

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Those vids are decent, I also enjoyed watching Quill18's videos of the same crap, because rather than story-mode commentate them like Beagle does, he explains some of the game mechanics and such.

Overall it confirms my thoughts that this will be a very solid game, but will need a Long War of its own to match the awesomeness of EU/EW's Long War. Scope. SCOPE GODDAMMIT.

Also: LO-fucking L at the soldiers STILL gun-butt breaking windows that aren't windows before they shoot.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
They seem to shoot through objects that block los more now. Is this intentional due to an overly aggressive system in the first that prevented a ton of really obvious shots?

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
This + steam link + wired Xbox 360 controller = perfect weekend couch gaming.
This is a PC only title, I doubt it can be controlled by a 360 pad, the steam controller however is probably up to the task. This is one of the games I most look forward to trying to play on the Steam Controller however, as I think this might be the kind of interface where traditionally a controller might have struggled. Game looks pretty damn good though, I can't wait.

My best tip of all time is go edit the soldier random name file to be friends/family/buddies/internetaliases you can keep nationalities/last names the same gives it flavor. It really does make the war stories so much better when you can tell someone that virtual them, a heavy weapons alien fighter from Gabon, ruined your ironman playthrough with a critical failure of epic proportions.

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
The previous Xcom was controller compatible from day one.

I did my original play through by dragging my pc to the living room and connecting it via hdmi cable. The wired Xbox controllers default map perfectly and are much more enjoyable to play Xcom with compared to k/m. This time I will just stream it with the steam link.

Krag

Peasant
The previous Xcom was controller compatible from day one.

I did my original play through by dragging my pc to the living room and connecting it via hdmi cable. The wired Xbox controllers default map perfectly and are much more enjoyable to play Xcom with compared to k/m. This time I will just stream it with the steam link.
The first XCOM was developed as a cross platform game, so there needed to be controller support. This time it's a PC only title so there isn't necessarily controller support right out of the gate (the UI has changed some). It's definitely not impossible that it's been implemented in some form - they had some extra time on their hands - but I wouldn't bet my life on it.