XCOM 2

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Wait what the hell is all this whoa is me bullshit doing in a video game thread.

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
I never finished this previously so I re-installed it recently and now I remember why I didn't finish it. I finished EU and the original multiple times but this is just painful. Maybe I get too hung up on not losing soldiers but some of the missions are so retardedly difficult that it kills the fun for me.

I don't mind the story but fuck these missions are annoying.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
finally pulled the trigger on this wtf 70 gigs for this type of game????

• 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

Plus there are a fuckton of free add-ons on Steam, from cosmetic to balance changes.

Btw, if you're new to Xcom 2 and bought the whole shebang, just load up Enemy Unknown. It's not so much an expansion pack as it is an enhancement to the base Xcom2. The story is almost identical except for all the new classes/the hunters/etc.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Plus there are a fuckton of free add-ons on Steam, from cosmetic to balance changes.

Btw, if you're new to Xcom 2 and bought the whole shebang, just load up Enemy Unknown. It's not so much an expansion pack as it is an enhancement to the base Xcom2. The story is almost identical except for all the new classes/the hunters/etc.

Think you mean War of the Chosen. Enemy Unknown is Firaxcom 1.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
finally pulled the trigger on this wtf 70 gigs for this type of game????

Actually, it's only half that. Firaxis wants people who own WOTC to be able to play the base game if they want, so you have basically two copies of the game. If you just want to play WOTC you can delete the CookedPCConsole folder from the XComGame folder in the root directory and clear out like 30+ gigs. I do this whenever I reinstall it since my SSD is only 120gb.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
So I'm finally playing War of the Chosen (did not feel like replaying when it came out, after spending so long beating the base game on Legendary-Ironman.)

This shit is fucking stressful and not really all that fun? There's so much shit to worry about. Also, shitloads of zombies?!?!

Did anyone else feel like this was a bit much?

Probably still going to play through a campaign but maybe in smaller doses.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
So I'm finally playing War of the Chosen (did not feel like replaying when it came out, after spending so long beating the base game on Legendary-Ironman.)

This shit is fucking stressful and not really all that fun? There's so much shit to worry about. Also, shitloads of zombies?!?!

Did anyone else feel like this was a bit much?

Probably still going to play through a campaign but maybe in smaller doses.
The biggest flaw of WotC is that it magnifies the already existing biggest flaw of the Firaxcom games, the difficulty cliff. It adds tons more difficulty to the early game(the Assassin is the default starting chosen and she's the biggest pita to deal with early on), but mid to late game you're now even farther ahead of the difficulty curve because of resistance mission rewards, resistance orders, resistance soldiers, bond abilities, and crazy chosen loot.

The lost are pretty easy to deal with most of the time since you're rarely on much of a timer when you're facing them.

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
The biggest flaw of WotC is that it magnifies the already existing biggest flaw of the Firaxcom games, the difficulty cliff. It adds tons more difficulty to the early game(the Assassin is the default starting chosen and she's the biggest pita to deal with early on), but mid to late game you're now even farther ahead of the difficulty curve because of resistance mission rewards, resistance orders, resistance soldiers, bond abilities, and crazy chosen loot.

The lost are pretty easy to deal with most of the time since you're rarely on much of a timer when you're facing them.
It should introduce the new elements slower. Not sure why they didn't think of that lol.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
It should introduce the new elements slower. Not sure why they didn't think of that lol.
You could always look for some mods.

Also, while it doesn't help with the WotC stuff, even without mods you can enable the story missions leading to the alien rulers and Shen content, and let those linger until you want to add their encounters (and benefits) to the mix.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Yup mod the shit out of it, long war mod is awesome and still being updated last I checked.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Lost/zombies are easy as fuck if you have rangers with bladestorm
There's a Reaper resistance order called Between The Eyes, I've only ever seen it once but it makes any shot on a lost an instakill.

Including pistol shots!

• 1Like

Cybsled

Damn, that would be Op on a sniper with the talent that lets them pistol shot everything on screen in a single round

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Damn, that would be Op on a sniper with the talent that lets them pistol shot everything on screen in a single round
Did you forget that getting a killshot on a lost gives you your action back? Snipers and Templars can wipe out every lost in range every turn when you have that order with just regular shots.