Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Unexpected, I thought all the DLC was done.

Pretty excited - Jin was the most interesting character for me so getting some backstory will be cool.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Picked this one up for $10 off ebay. Really loved XC1, and this is the same, but a bit different. I don't remember the "anime" feeling being so strong in that one, but it did have its cheesy anime acting - just no anime tiddies or anime emotes. It has its fair share of obnoxious, redundant phrases, "Dunban!" will forever scar my mind, as I'm sure some of the phrases in this game will.

Also, what is it with Nintendo RPG's since the Wii? They have quirkiness not really present in other RPG's. There's also an annoyance and nuance to the combat. It's slow, involved, simple at the core, extremely complicated once fully developed. I remember fighting a later boss in XC1 where I had basically overleveled the shit out of my characters, thus never utilized the combo system, which this boss requires to break down its shields, so the fight took like 20 minutes peeling off the boss's hit points. Did a quick Google, figured out what I'd not been doing, and even regular fights went 10x faster (woops).

That said, it is definitely a game you can't skip the tutorial on, and coming back to it after a break would be incredibly challenging.

I'd much prefer a Last Story 2, as I much preferred that method of active combat a bit more, not the passive turn based'ish of XC.

With the quirkiness, depth of combat and character development, interesting characters, deep story.... It's what's missing from a lot of wrpg's. We'll see if it holds my attention with the obnoxious anime flavor on things.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'd much prefer a Last Story 2, as I much preferred that method of active combat a bit more, not the passive turn based'ish of XC.

I didn't think anyone else felt this way. I feel much less alone in this world.

Last Story had some major flaws, but I felt it also had a lot of potential(particularly in the combat department).

• 1Like

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I just want XCX2.

XC2 is pretty good, and the combat is much better than I remember XC being. The gatchapon system damn near ruins it though.

I'm looking forward to getting done with the main game and moving on to Torna, as I've heard just about everything bad about XC2 was fixed or improved in the prequel.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
quick question, i was browsing gamestop for psvr stuff and saw xbc2:something, is this just the season pass on a disc?

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
quick question, i was browsing gamestop for psvr stuff and saw xbc2:something, is this just the season pass on a disc?

Yeah they sold XC2:Torna as a physical release of the season pass, basically.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Yeah they sold XC2:Torna as a physical release of the season pass, basically.
my wife finished the game b4 any DLC came out and liked it (not as much as XBC1 of course), so w/ that, good to get? or just fluff? (i doubt she even remembers the story)

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
my wife finished the game b4 any DLC came out and liked it (not as much as XBC1 of course), so w/ that, good to get? or just fluff? (i doubt she even remembers the story)

Actually plan to start the Torna stuff this week so I haven't completed it. But I've heard nothing but good about it, it's about a 25 hour DLC and has some fixes to the combat.

• 1Like

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
My main annoyance at this point isn't the cheese or anime or whatever, it's that targeting is so short range, and about 10% of the time it takes a bit to actually get my character to engage in combat. Like I'll take 20% damage before the game recognizes I'm being attacked before it let's me pull out my weapon. I've been killed twice because it completely didn't allow me to attack back....

Also no auto attacks while moving, but that's more a gameplay complaint than an actual issue. It would also be nice if there was more information relating to items and stats. "Dex affects this" but doesn't say how much or give a percentage. Ultimately doesn't matter, you're gonna stack stats appropriately and unlock everything, but sometimes I'd like to know that I should get 20 Str before 2% threat, or whatever.