XFL

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Said it in the pol thread but the time is probably right. Especially if they can somehow figure out the CTE issues, maybe with some new helmet tech (not sure if this is even possible) or via some rule changes, they may be able to land some real players looking to get out of the NFL before they have soup in their skull.

Couple people pointed some of these out already but:

super patriotic national anthemy set up targeting trumpers / middle america / liberty lovers
speed up the game
lot more 'ball of field' time
good announcers
just keep it about the sport
get entertaining talent

They could have a winner in that they may capture enough disenfranchised ex-nfl watchers to make some serious money.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
I wonder if Hehateme is available to make a comeback

• 3Like
  • 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Oh god, Mayfield and JFF on the same field in a no holds barred, crazy American sports league sounds like entertainment GOLD. CANT WAIT

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I don't know why but this prompted me to download the ESPN 30 for 30 XFL documentary.

I don't like NFL but I remember being on holiday in Florida around the time the XFL was launched. Curious to the story behind it and wrestling documentaries are actually quite interesting

• 1Like

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Unless they can get top level players (and it would have to be a decent amount of them), it's going to run into the same issues that every other side/sub league runs into, no matter the sport. Basically, nobody going to watch if you don't have the top athletes on your teams.

He obviously didn't watch the presser, Vince already said nobody can play with a criminal record (lol) so Manziel is out.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
He obviously didn't watch the presser, Vince already said nobody can play with a criminal record (lol) so Manziel is out.

Damn another thing to add to the how to make this successful, don't let felon fucking wife beater rapers play.

maelfyn

Vyemm Raider
This is perfect timing for the XFL. NFL viewers have never felt more alienated than they have right now. I hope it succeeds. On the other hand, I expect serious retaliation behind the scenes. Competition is a sin to these people.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I don't follow wrestling but I understand the WWE network is an extremely good streaming service. AFAIK it uses MLB's tech under the hood. If the XFL is a good product with actual streaming opportunities it could be a money making venture.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
The quality of the games is going to be terrible, but I will tune in for this

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Kaines

Potato Supreme
The best thing the XFL could do is put it's teams in cities that don't have an NFL team. Ones that come to mind immediately:

San Diego
San Antonio
Little Rock
Newark
Cleveland

• 9Worf
Reactions: 8 users

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
No one cares enough about football to watch this. Either you're a big fan and you're watching the NFL, or you're not and you're also not going to watch a 2nd rate imitation. Might as well watch the CFL.

They keep trying though.

• 1Like

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
No one cares enough about football to watch this. Either you're a big fan and you're watching the NFL, or you're not and you're also not going to watch a 2nd rate imitation. Might as well watch the CFL.

They keep trying though.

Exactly there is a reason why other times this has been tried (USFL, XFL 1.0, NFL Europe) and it never works. Nobody is going to sit there and watch players you never heard of. Someone mentioned San Diego as a possible city. They couldn't draw flies with actual NFL players but yet there going to watch some 3rd string guys? You can make it as much like arena football as you want, people don't go to watch that either.

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
I told my shitlib friend that Vince said no one with a criminal record will be allowed to play and he responded "so he's just trying to create an all white league then?" lmao. This is a guy that is such a shitlib he calls the Redskins the "Washington DCs" so he doesn't have to say "redskin"

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Ome

Molten Core Raider
The opportunity to grab former NFL players like Manziel or Hardy who would bring a certain level of talent and interest has been shot down by Vince. He said a DUI is enough to keep you out. I don't think this was the smartest move on their part.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users