XFL

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Rocks work ethic is second to none. He will do every thing in his power to make this work. Flip side is he will black lives matter this shit to the ground. If he can separate his personal shit from the business shit this will work.
The problem is, we all know he won't be as adamant and strict as Vinnie Mac was. They'll be kneeling and have BLM plastered in the end zones.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
$15 million is prob less then the rock makes per movie. if they can make it work it seems like a steal.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sevens

Log Wizard
$15 million is prob less then the rock makes per movie. if they can make it work it seems like a steal.

Per the publication, Johnson is collecting an upfront salary of up to $23.5 million for "Jumanji: The Next Level" and commanding up to 15 percent of the pool from high-grossing franchise movies, including "Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle."

Edit: He doing aight

• 1Like

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Team names and logos announced today:

Taking the field for the XFL:

• Arlington Renegades
  • D.C. Defenders
  • Houston Roughnecks
  • Orlando Guardians
  • San Antonio Brahmas
  • Seattle Sea Dragons
  • St. Louis Battlehawks
  • Vegas Vipers

No huge surprises, since the locations were already known and several are the same as the 2020 iteration. Brahmas is an interesting choice.

logos.png

Lifelong DC Defenders fan checking in.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Of course the guy whose wrestlin nickname was the "brahma bull" and has the famous bull tattoo makes a team named after himself.

• 1Worf

Chris

Potato del Grande
Team names and logos announced today:

No huge surprises, since the locations were already known and several are the same as the 2020 iteration. Brahmas is an interesting choice.

View attachment 440755

Lifelong DC Defenders fan checking in.
Random team names like this are cringe, it's sport for children.

Even the 100 year old organic nicknames a lot of European Football clubs have are tedious references to something.

Why can't cities just play against each other without their names being in tiny text so the brand name will survive a cynical city change?

• 1Picard
  • 1Faggotry
Reactions: 1 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Random team names like this are cringe, it's sport for children.

Even the 100 year old organic nicknames a lot of European Football clubs have are tedious references to something.

Why can't cities just play against each other without their names being in tiny text so the brand name will survive a cynical city change?

Every single one of those names is something important from the culture of the city itself. Sometimes it gets fucked up though when teams move. Like the Jazz used to be in New Orleans and the name made a lot of sense. It's a joke of a name not that they're in Utah though.

Arlington has a long history of outlaws working out that area during the old west. I believe they also used renegades for other team names.
Houston is all about the oil industry.
San Antonio has a rich history in the cattle industry.
Vegas Vipers. Do you really need an explanation? The house always wins comes from vegas.
St Louis is where the battlehawk anime comic book started back in 1878 and it's always been an integral part of their culture.
Seattle has a literal sea dragon living in pugeot sound. It wakes up every 10000 years and requires a sacrifice. Maybe read a book sometime.
I don't know what they guard in orlando, but I'm sure it's significant. Might be a reference to the forts.
The DC one might be bullshit. The only thing I can think of that DC defends is pedophiles.

• 1Worf

Chris

Potato del Grande
Every single one of those names is something important from the culture of the city itself.
Like I said, tedious references. Goes well with all the shitty sport trivia.

Seattle has a literal sea dragon living in pugeot sound. It wakes up every 10000 years and requires a sacrifice. Maybe read a book sometime.
Wut?

• 1Picard

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Like I said, tedious references. Goes well with all the shitty sport trivia.

Oh I misunderstood you. I thought you were trying to say england was so great because the names were meaningful whereas these names were random. Random and tedius references are polar opposites.

Like I said, read a fucking book.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Oh I misunderstood you. I thought you were trying to say england was so great because the names were meaningful whereas these names were random. Random and tedius references are polar opposites.

Like I said, read a fucking book.
Nah you just upgraded "random" to "tedious" for me lol.

When they gave the Rugby teams American style names they were pretty random so assumed the US ones were the same.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
This fucking idiot doesn't know about the Seattle sea dragon.... Jesus Christ.

• 1WTF
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I’m torn between DC defenders and the Vegas vipers.

McCheese McCheese are you all aboard another terribly named DC team?

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I had more fun watching the Defenders game than I did watching any Redskins game all season.