Y: The Last Man

Cybsled

If they are smart, they'll show that it's power that corrupts and humans in general are just shitbags when they get a taste of it

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
first 3 episodes dropped

its extremely mediocre, I love apocalyptic movies/shows so expected to love this but its hard. Most of the actors are terrible, the writing is really bad, and the show is wearing its politics right on its sleeve -- domestic white terrorist bombers, misogynistic politicians, making fun of gun rednecks, and Karen army moments in just the first 15 minutes.

The actual "event" occurs at the end of the first episode and its pretty disappointing, I expected shock and awe and it was pretty limp and cheap. I'll stick with a few more episodes since I really like the idea of exploring a world where men are gone, but I expect it to get modern woke ludicrous pretty quickly.

I'm guessing the main character, Yorick, will be the one who has to carry the show but he's barely in episode 1 so hard to judge. Diane Lane was the only character I liked, everyone else idgaf.

• 1Barf
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
first 3 episodes dropped

its extremely mediocre, I love apocalyptic movies/shows so expected to love this but its hard. Most of the actors are terrible, the writing is really bad, and the show is wearing its politics right on its sleeve -- domestic white terrorist bombers, misogynistic politicians, making fun of gun rednecks, and Karen army moments in just the first 15 minutes.

The actual "event" occurs at the end of the first episode and its pretty disappointing, I expected shock and awe and it was pretty limp and cheap. I'll stick with a few more episodes since I really like the idea of exploring a world where men are gone, but I expect it to get modern woke ludicrous pretty quickly.

I'm guessing the main character, Yorick, will be the one who has to carry the show but he's barely in episode 1 so hard to judge. Diane Lane was the only character I liked, everyone else idgaf.
I’m assuming you never read the comic?

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I read the comic during it's original run, but I can't remember how it ended. This is probably not a good thing as evidenced by recently having to review the ending of the third Matrix movie.

spronk

FPS noob
I’m assuming you never read the comic?

i mighta read the first graphic novel at a nephews house or something years ago but don't remember anything about it, so yeah never really read it.

watched episode 2 & 3, predictably it gets worse and worse.

episode 2: quote from episode "there are plenty of men, but none with Y chromosomes". They show a couple of "guys", I was really really confused as to how there are other men until they start talking about running out of testosterone bottles. Good luck, trannies!

episode 3: a new villain appears, a female politician based off lauren boebert i think, a pro-life, anti-immigrant, anti-vaxxer (they made sure to bring that up!), gun toting caricature Karen type.

i was really hoping they'd get into the logistics of how all US cities are 10 days away from starving (all food trucked in), power would stop working, most people will die to sickness and starvation, no one would be clean anymore unless they live by a river/lake, millions will die to the cold and heat, etc. instead every women looks pretty healthy (lotta fatties still), 1 single woman is apparently able to keep the hundreds of power plants in the US running, and post apocalyptic wise this is just pathetic. Its 90% a soap opera show with long dialogue scenes between women against a backdrop of "oh, some bad stuff may be happening... somewhere else..."

i wouldn't bother with this show at all, its getting worse every episode. I think a reviewer mentioned that Yorick in the show is the son of the now President of the USA, which apparently is not a thing in the books

• 2Worf

Caliane

I read the comic during it's original run, but I can't remember how it ended. This is probably not a good thing as evidenced by recently having to review the ending of the third Matrix movie.
end spoilers. seriously. do not read.
311 is assassinated, just as she and Yorick decide to bone. Yorick withdraws, and is asylumed. The cloning works, humanity is back on track. Beth2 and Hero get to gather, and raise Beth 2 and Yoricks daughter. the Daughter becomes the president of France. ampersand dies of old age, and Yorick runs away after burying him.

Gask

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Based on DC Comics' acclaimed series by Brian K. Vaughan and Pia Guerra, Y: The Last Man traverses a post-apocalyptic world in which a cataclysmic event decimates every mammal with a Y chromosome but for one cisgender man...
Yeah nope.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
i wouldn't bother with this show at all, its getting worse every episode. I think a reviewer mentioned that Yorick in the show is the son of the now President of the USA, which apparently is not a thing in the books

He is the son of a US representative, who does not become president, in the comic. However, I don't actually remember the president mattering all that much and him mostly talking with his mother when he interacted with the government. Some Cabinet Secretary becomes the president in the comic (since that's how presidential succession works).

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
episode 2: quote from episode "there are plenty of men, but none with Y chromosomes". They show a couple of "guys", I was really really confused as to how there are other men until they start talking about running out of testosterone bottles. Good luck, trannies!
I figured this looked like shit, but hey, at least they stuck with the genetic aspect of the event. Did they risk the twitter mob by referencing the death of every transwoman?

wamphyr

Molten Core Raider
Hei, this show is not that bad, come on.
Granted, I am only one episode in, but it is interesting and well made.

• 1Pathetic

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Trying to give this a chance but this stupid monkey always getting away from and him chasing it down is really, really dumb

Khane

Got something right about marriage
And also, I'm hoping this isnt the case because it's so in your face, but they talk about monkey being a biter several times and the monkey is also Male so... Yorick got bit and got some anti death Monkeyman immunity?

Animosity

This has been cancelled.

Bummer to see. The comic is so good but the show was poorly handled. Yorick and Ampersand are barely in the show it feels. They spent more time focusing on the different communities and their beliefs.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
i bailed after 3 episodes, show was total garbage. i heard it got even more woke, although i don't even understand how thats possible

apparently episode 6 has a bunch of titties

but its all fat chicks LOLOL

goddamn look at this verbal diarrhea

• 1Barf
  • 1Double Worf

Animosity

Ya episode 6 was awful and was when I was pretty out on the show. The shower scene with all the nudity was pretty gross lol.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I never even got past the start of the first episode. I just felt underwhelmed and figured I might go back to it later. Guess I won't!

• 1Solidarity