Yakuza series

spronk

FPS noob
the tower gets insanely difficult at highest challenge or whatever, you basically have to hit level 99 and max out 4-5 jobs to even have a good shot. you can grind a specific homeless mob in the sewer dungeon to level up fast, still takes like an hour or two (more?) to go from rank 1 to rank 99 max subjob doing it.

its fun and needed for the platinum trophy but doesn't really add to the game experience

joz123

Potato del Grande
Beat Lost Judgment and going through the school stories now. Robotics is a pita. The only other one I had some trouble with was motorcycle gang.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Just started up Yakuza: Like a Dragon and about 10 hours into the game. Pretty interesting, but the difficulty seems way weird. All the fights if you control them are way too easy to the point that it's getting boring, but they actually end up having some party members KO if you do Auto? Am I doing something wrong?

Vorph

Just started up Yakuza: Like a Dragon and about 10 hours into the game. Pretty interesting, but the difficulty seems way weird. All the fights if you control them are way too easy to the point that it's getting boring, but they actually end up having some party members KO if you do Auto? Am I doing something wrong?
Not really. Basic attacks are nigh useless for anything around/above your level, and you pretty much always want to be hitting a weakness and/or using one of the really OP AoE skills.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

joz123

Potato del Grande
The difficulty does ramp up the further you get. Definitely get some skills from different jobs so you have more options of weaknesses.

Crone

The difficulty does ramp up the further you get. Definitely get some skills from different jobs so you have more options of weaknesses.
Makes sense. I just got to the part where it lets you choose your job in Chapter 5. I switched some things around.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
3 new Yakuza games on the way:

-Yakuza Ishin (prequel taking place in 1800s, remake of an old Japan-only game, looks amazing) - Early 2023
-Yakuza Gaiden (what Kiryu was up to during the events of LAD/Y7) - Late 2023?
-Yakuza 8 (Ichiban from LAD and Kiryu team up, not sure if it'll be a brawler or an RPG) - Late 2024?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
finished the last DLC in lost judgement, kaito files. 9/10 quite excellent, short, no filler garbage. Much better than the main game. That spinoff series is probably cooked for a while though, the main actor (i guess a big deal in Japan like Backstreet Boys kinda level) is part of an agency that admitted this week their dead founder was sexually harassing young men for over a decade, lol. Since they cut VAs just for getting caught using drugs I can't imagine this will end well.

anyways the base Lost Judgement is on PS+ and decent enough, I don't think its really as good as the best Yakuza games but its not bad and I liked the story a bit more than the first Judgement game. Still, Yagami is nowhere near as interesting/fun a character as Kiryu, Kaito, Majima, or even Ichiban (Like a Dragon).

All I've got left in the franchise now is Yakuza 5, Ishin, the samurai whatever re-release, and whatever new stuff they come up with in the next year or two.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
finished the last DLC in lost judgement, kaito files. 9/10 quite excellent, short, no filler garbage. Much better than the main game. That spinoff series is probably cooked for a while though, the main actor (i guess a big deal in Japan like Backstreet Boys kinda level) is part of an agency that admitted this week their dead founder was sexually harassing young men for over a decade, lol. Since they cut VAs just for getting caught using drugs I can't imagine this will end well.

anyways the base Lost Judgement is on PS+ and decent enough, I don't think its really as good as the best Yakuza games but its not bad and I liked the story a bit more than the first Judgement game. Still, Yagami is nowhere near as interesting/fun a character as Kiryu, Kaito, Majima, or even Ichiban (Like a Dragon).

All I've got left in the franchise now is Yakuza 5, Ishin, the samurai whatever re-release, and whatever new stuff they come up with in the next year or two.
Does the photography mode stop? I mean, I uninstalled after having to do one of those in the intro.

joz123

Potato del Grande
Does the photography mode stop? I mean, I uninstalled after having to do one of those in the intro.
You use it sometimes, not that often. Mainly for some missions for cases. It's a very good game though, best fighting system in a Yakuza game.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
i think its launching on gamepass right, but it won't have the English VA at launch. weird. can easily just wait.

or wait is it the other yakuza game thats launching on gamepass, too many to keep track of with terrible titles

Vorph

i think its launching on gamepass right, but it won't have the English VA at launch. weird. can easily just wait.

or wait is it the other yakuza game thats launching on gamepass, too many to keep track of with terrible titles
Yeah, it's the next Kazuma Kiryu game (Man Who Erased His Name) that's coming to Game Pass in a couple weeks. The Ichiban Kasuga game (Infinite Wealth) isn't due til next year and probably isn't coming to Game Pass on day one, but will probably be on it within a few months.

And it's the Kiryu game that won't have English VA at launch. Not sure what retard at Sega thought hiring YongYea to voice an old Kiryu would be a good idea, but after hearing him butcher the role it would probably be best if they just never release it at all. Sadly, he voices Kiryu in Infinite Wealth too, and unlike the main Yakuza games, Like a Dragon actually was much better in English. Hopefully Kiryu just isn't in that game much, like the previous entry.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Like a Dragon Gaiden (non turn based) supposed to come out tomorrow and will be on Gamepass.

Is pretty short compared to other in the series, but better polished from what reviews state.

joz123

Potato del Grande
Pretty good. Agent style with the sling watch is fun as hell.

Last edited:
  • 1Like