Yellowjackets

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
As someone who is about the age of the characters in the show, (I think the crash was supposed to be in '96. I graduated HS in '95) I love the way they are working in so much 90's music. "Lightning Crashes" by Live was stuck in my head for a week after I heard it in the show.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
Just watched the last episode of S2. I can’t see how they need to do this more than one final season.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
I'm not sure how I feel about this show. At first I thought it was cool that everyone assumed they were cannibals out there and in S1 they did some bad shit, but weren't actually cannibals.

Then they were most definitely cannibals.

Then there was a pseudo evil spirit element which was kind of fringe and you thought it was like psychological more than real.

Then it was real.

It just feels like they're leaning in too hard on some of the teaser-type things that made S1 feel good. And now everyone is possessed by Nature Satan and must feed it while killing anyone that could inconvenience them. Misty killing the investigator was pretty WTF, but now she's got Walter in here fucking 187ing shit. Like what? The hijinks are too big for everyone to keep their mouths shut and no way everyone doesn't get fucked immediately. Only way I see out is if the main characters start dying one by one in what is hopefully the final season next season.

It's kind of funny that Jeff is one of the most likeable characters. You saw his dumb hair and his prom king story and you KNEW you were going to hate him because they made him a shitlord, but besides the blackmail he's actually one of the most reasonable characters. Trying to keep his kid out of it. Trying to cover for his wife. Trying to fall on his sword. Some people would call him a cuck I guess, but I think he's just trying to do the "right" thing and other people keep fucking him over so he can't.

• 1Like

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
I'm not sure how I feel about this show. At first I thought it was cool that everyone assumed they were cannibals out there and in S1 they did some bad shit, but weren't actually cannibals.

Then they were most definitely cannibals.

Then there was a pseudo evil spirit element which was kind of fringe and you thought it was like psychological more than real.

Then it was real.

It just feels like they're leaning in too hard on some of the teaser-type things that made S1 feel good. And now everyone is possessed by Nature Satan and must feed it while killing anyone that could inconvenience them. Misty killing the investigator was pretty WTF, but now she's got Walter in here fucking 187ing shit. Like what? The hijinks are too big for everyone to keep their mouths shut and no way everyone doesn't get fucked immediately. Only way I see out is if the main characters start dying one by one in what is hopefully the final season next season.

It's kind of funny that Jeff is one of the most likeable characters. You saw his dumb hair and his prom king story anYeahd you KNEW you were going to hate him because they made him a shitlord, but besides the blackmail he's actually one of the most reasonable characters. Trying to keep his kid out of it. Trying to cover for his wife. Trying to fall on his sword. Some people would call him a cuck I guess, but I think he's just trying to do the "right" thing and other people keep fucking him over so he can't.

I agree with all of this. I started to think it was getting silly in the last few episodes of S2.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I couldn't even begin to tell you what the point of season 2 was, or what even really happened? I'm still "in" on the show because I think there's a potential solid payoff there, but the novelty is going to start wearing off.

The show is well acted, the 90s music nostalgia is great, the show has a "style" to it, but not really sure what season 2 accomplished.

• 1Seriously?

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
My take is that they've decided to lean too heavily on the "present" timeline. I don't really like much of anything about it. The past is where the meat of the story is and whoever is in charge just doesn't seem to want to spend much time there.

I'm assuming it's because the adult cast is where all the money is so they're milking it. And like I said in the Emmy (I think) thread, the younger actors are way better. I have no idea why the one lady gets so many accolades (adult Shauna).

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
My take is that they've decided to lean too heavily on the "present" timeline. I don't really like much of anything about it. The past is where the meat of the story is and whoever is in charge just doesn't seem to want to spend much time there.

I'm assuming it's because the adult cast is where all the money is so they're milking it. And like I said in the Emmy (I think) thread, the younger actors are way better. I have no idea why the one lady gets so many accolades (adult Shauna).
Melanie Lynskey, Christina Ricci, and Juliette Lewis are probably all over paid for the little bit that they act in this show. They really could have just left the real life shit in season 1 because all it really has done is support the story of the time when they were girls. The few tangents theyve went off on were just weird and pointless imo.

This show isnt as popular as it should be in my opinion, and its likely cause its viewed as a stay at home Mom, Lifetime TV, kind of show. Whoever is letting the current time setting of the show rule over the kids portion is, I agree, dropping the ball. But the marketing for this show is probably its biggest failure, as most people just dont even know about it. Needs to be marketed to Netflix or something.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I don't have Netflix and I used to see commercial for this show constantly

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I don't have Netflix and I used to see commercial for this show constantly
Granted Amazon's 15 second "previews" before watching something is about as close as I get. But generally, I dont have anywhere I would actually see commercials. I just thought it was weird how I rarely any marketing from the places "I" visit, but I saw advertisements for "From" which is interesting, but a failure of a show in comparison to Yellowjackets (in my opinion). People I know would talk to me about From and had no idea about Yellowjackets when I brought it up when I was watching this.