Yellowjackets

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
This was a sleeper, "good show". Definitely has some "Lost" type excitement to it - or a tad bit of Twin Peaks.

Didn't 'love' the finale though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I missed this the first time around and saw a recommendation on some top 10 list for S2.

On episode 4 and no idea what is happening, avoided spoilers, there are many Lost similarities.

Does it maintain this level of quality and story telling or does it shit the bed?

• 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I missed this the first time around and saw a recommendation on some top 10 list for S2.

On episode 4 and no idea what is happening, avoided spoilers, there are many Lost similarities.

Does it maintain this level of quality and story telling or does it shit the bed?
I thought the show was great all the way through season 1 and ended well. I'm ready for season 2.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Blantons4Ever

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Banned>

show is legit good , little strange ending, very excite for s2 to start

• 2Like
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 2 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Wife was interested in this show, so decided to watch it with her. I think we're through 3 episodes?

Kinda annoyed with all the really short music callbacks. It feels cheap in effect once you notice it but also can't help but wonder how much they spent in licensing. Overly squishy meat sounds but only while being canabilistic is manipulative. So is wailing girls sound queue. Whoever is involved in sound design(is that a specific role?) needs to exercise some restraint.

Definitely reminded us of Lost, hopefully it doesn't follow the same trajectory. Keeping information from the audience is fine if that's how in-universe characters would converse and act. See Malazan for a good example. Keeping information from the audience so you can have your reveal later is lame.

Good background show to kinda sorta pay attention to. I didn't find anything particularly interesting or novel about it that would require 100% attention.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Wife was interested in this show, so decided to watch it with her. I think we're through 3 episodes?

Kinda annoyed with all the really short music callbacks. It feels cheap in effect once you notice it but also can't help but wonder how much they spent in licensing. Overly squishy meat sounds but only while being canabilistic is manipulative. So is wailing girls sound queue. Whoever is involved in sound design(is that a specific role?) needs to exercise some restraint.

Definitely reminded us of Lost, hopefully it doesn't follow the same trajectory. Keeping information from the audience is fine if that's how in-universe characters would converse and act. See Malazan for a good example. Keeping information from the audience so you can have your reveal later is lame.

Good background show to kinda sorta pay attention to. I didn't find anything particularly interesting or novel about it that would require 100% attention.
My biggest gripe with the show is that I had almost zero interest about the girls in their current life timeline. Keep me on the Lord of the Flies timeline and I would have been more hyped for the show. But overall, I think you'll enjoy it for what it is.

• 1Solidarity

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
My biggest gripe with the show is that I had almost zero interest about the girls in their current life timeline. Keep me on the Lord of the Flies timeline and I would have been more hyped for the show. But overall, I think you'll enjoy it for what it is.
Yeah, I had that same thought later. Would this have been more interesting if the cannibalism was revealed as that plotline progressed?

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Ricci and Lewis were really good. But outside of them I gave no shits about the other adults.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I have to disagree. I like the adult plot lines a lot as well. I really liked Shauna as a sort of every mom character that is quietly not afraid to get her hands dirty. Plus now that there is this whole cult angle being continued I am there for it.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I don't know if...

snow falling on the funeral pyre would really result in a perfectly barbecued Jackie, but once she was laid out there perfectly cooked and only missing an apple in her mouth, you can't really blame them for eating her. There's just no way a bunch of starving people ignore that sitting right in front of them.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Youve got to hand it to them. Even though the viewer knew all along that was gonna be part of the story, they somehow manage to make it even more disturbing the way they handle it.

• 1Like

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
There’s still time before Clint Eastwood dies for Juliette Lewis to play her dad in another installment of Every Which Way But Loose since she looks exactly like him now.

I’m almost done with S1, really enjoy this so far.

53AACB6A-28FD-4551-B347-3D3995C30BC0.jpeg
D27B01FC-6AB7-4E7E-B1E4-B51C7EBE52AD.jpeg
4E49292A-CE13-4FED-AF3D-603CB8911D07.jpeg

• 1Worf

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
S2 finale is coming up this Friday I believe. Not sure how many seasons it's supposed to go for but it seems like everything could be easily wrapped up in one more.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Pretty nutty season finale. They do a good job using the music to set a tone. 3 seasons seems like it should be enough for this show. But theres 4-5 girls left who havent been shown in the grown up world, so who knows how long they will stretch it.