Yesterday (2019)

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
In my opinion, Across the Universe is for Beatles fans and little girls. It's an extremely weak movie, and the story is crap, and they shoehorn in so many beatles references (like all the characters are basically named after beatles songs) that it makes me cringe. BUT, as a lifelong Beatles fan who is 38 years old and was not alive during the Beatles (I'm such a fan I've been to Liverpool, done all the tours, have every album, have all the bootlegs and outtakes, signed photo by astrid kirchherr of the beatles, etc,) seeing some of the music videos in Across the Universe really opened my eyes up to how innocent and lovely their early music was. "Hold me Tight" "I Want to Hold Your Hand" "I've Just Seen a Face" "She Loves You" "Please Please Me", etc. I'm going to sound like a total faggot, but they're just sweet and innocent songs. It's not "I want to fuck you and cum on your tits", it's that innocent feeling of an early relationship, when you have butterflies in your stomach because you're just touching the girl you like. ... Across the Universe butchers some of their later music. There is a pretty cool cover of "Oh, Darling!" with this obnoxious Janis Joplin ripoff that starts it off then it goes into this Jimi Hendrix rip off that actually slays the song well.

Fuck I just rewatched that, she's so bad. This movie is a pile of shit, I agree.
Dude... worry not. Love Me Do and We Can Work it Out are some of the first songs I ever heard. Been a Beatles fan my whole life.

Caliane

misleading trailers is an interesting issue. If a trailer shows someone you want to see in the movie... and then, they are not in the movie. there is grounds for getting your money back.
so, seems silly at first, but actually makes sense. Imagine some movie advertised itself for having Tom cruise... then he wasn't in the movie final cut for some reason.

Then of course, just individually asking for cash back, doesn't solve the problem. you do need to do a class action lawsuit on behalf of everyone. only want to get either laws made, or sting companies enough to stop them from doing it in the first place.

joz123

Potato del Grande
misleading trailers is an interesting issue. If a trailer shows someone you want to see in the movie... and then, they are not in the movie. there is grounds for getting your money back.
so, seems silly at first, but actually makes sense. Imagine some movie advertised itself for having Tom cruise... then he wasn't in the movie final cut for some reason.

Then of course, just individually asking for cash back, doesn't solve the problem. you do need to do a class action lawsuit on behalf of everyone. only want to get either laws made, or sting companies enough to stop them from doing it in the first place.
No way in hell they are getting anywhere near 5 mil. There's been other movies/tv shows where someone in the trailer isn't in the final product.

Onoes

Trakanon Raider

You mean like that Godzilla movie that looked like it starred Bryan Cranston at the height of his Breaking Bad fame, only to kill him off in the first 5 minutes?

Where's my 5 mil?!

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>

Digital companies do this shit all the fucking time nowadays.

Oh, Lil' baby Jennifer Lawrence can be seen for 3/4 of a second when "woman with baby 2" is in a scene in Terminator 2? Better change the movie cover in 2021 to imply Jennifer Lawrence is the star!

I hate World of Lawsuits as much as the next guy, but I hate deceptive cunts too. If we're not allowed to physically grind some studio exec's face into a pothole mudpuddle for doing shit like that, I'm not going to rustle my jimmies about anyone suing them for stuff along the same lines.

Zweischneid

Molten Core Raider
Dunno. Trailer doesn't advertise Ana de Armas in any way. She's not implied to be the lead or anything. Her name is not shown. She plays random-girl-on-couch-in-fake-Gorden-talkshow.

This isn't Cranston-Godzilla or even Marvel-Hulk-is-in-the-final-fight-of-Infinity-War-levels of deception. It's just a random scene that got cut.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm trying to work out how bitter and deluded someone has to be to try and sue a studio for $5mill over a 4 dollar ticket.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

If it were Tom Cruise then there would be a case. Who the fuck saw her in a trailer and decided that's the reason they had to see this shitty movie?

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I have no idea who she is, and hadn't heard of this movie until I saw my tag in a post. But, thanks for thinking of me. And, I have gone to see shitty movies to see a particular actress naked. "Showgirls"comes to mind.
No problem. Fires of Heaven forum + Dicks always makes me think of you.
<3

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
You mean like that Godzilla movie that looked like it starred Bryan Cranston at the height of his Breaking Bad fame, only to kill him off in the first 5 minutes?

Where's my 5 mil?!

One of my favorite examples -

1643054897705.png

I believe he has one scene.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Wasnt Ryan Reynolds killed off in life in the first couple minutes?

I was going to mention executive decision because seagal was breaking out as an action star and everyone thought he was going to be fucking up terrorist

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Wasnt Ryan Reynolds killed off in life in the first couple minutes?

I was going to mention executive decision because seagal was breaking out as an action star and everyone thought he was going to be fucking up terrorist

He makes it through to the first act and then dies. I think he's the first one the monster kills but it takes maybe 20 minutes to get there.

Chris

Potato del Grande
My headcannon is that they cut out an explicit Lily James and Ana de Armas lesbian sex scene to make the rating family friendly.