You know you're getting old when.....

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
red foxx would been 52-53 in that pix and carroll o'connor was 47. he was 46 in the 1st episode
i think the joke is that those guys and gals look horribly old for their middle ages. of course they were in makeup too.
the shocking ones are Polly Holiday and Normal Fell. those pics are spot on and thats not makeup.
this is that chick in Gremlins in 1984.
iu

that would maker her 47. people just looked much older back then.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Goatface

Normal Fell.
1943-46 World War II, B-25 Tail Gunner, Pacific
think that would age someone a fuck ton

think wars, food availability and smoking aged a lot of people from that era. i forget how smoking was everywhere back when i was young.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
1943-46 World War II, B-25 Tail Gunner, Pacific
think that would age someone a fuck ton

think wars, food availability and smoking aged a lot of people from that era. i forget how smoking was everywhere back when i was young.
Smoking, poor diet, probably not much fitness, stone age medical care. Hard jobs, stress. The list goes on. People have everything easy today and complain because life is hard.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I just saw that pic elsewhere and was literally coming in here to post it.

Whereas I can say I'm older than all the guys on the top row, I can say all of them in those pics look older than me, so I guess that means I'm winning?

But then again, that pic of Flo.. 39 and looks like that? Damn... There's some serious mileage in play there.
ppl just looked older back in the 60s, this high school prom could look like a now wedding photo for 30year olds, if you said this was a 2020, 60s themed wedding, i'd say they were 30
d94ef4787f7ab0776d79889782d62dbf.png

maybe this is how it should be

they are saying that todays kids look younger and more femine because of all the pharma and plastics leeching into everything. and you know i could see it, the 1950s and 60s is where all the inventions happened, rayon, teflon. cook on teflon let all chemicals leech into your food while drinking a new plastic water bottle and injecting microplastics

compare and contrast, these 2020 kids look pretty faggy, maybe cuz theyre all injesting extra estrogen
c5fe8741405bb044907f54e006c0d994.png

• 1Wow!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
ppl just looked older back in the 60s, this high school prom could look like a now wedding photo for 30year olds, if you said this was a 2020, 60s themed wedding, i'd say they were 30

maybe this is how it should be

they are saying that todays kids look younger and more femine because of all the pharma and plastics leeching into everything. and you know i could see it, the 1950s and 60s is where all the inventions happened, rayon, teflon. cook on teflon let all chemicals leech into your food while drinking a new plastic water bottle and injecting microplastics

compare and contrast, these 2020 kids look pretty faggy, maybe cuz theyre all injesting extra estrogen
c5fe8741405bb044907f54e006c0d994.png
people still looked older in the 80s. maybe smoking did it?
1989%2BYearbook%2B04.jpg

couple of those dudes look like they're in their 30s, i knew chicks that looked like some of them girls in this picture.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Yeah I dunno, there's probably something to do with styles, but to be honest I wouldn't be surprised if there's a combination of smaller environmental factors (even less time outside, even more shitty processed food, weaker parenting, etc.).

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Yeah I dunno, there's probably something to do with styles, but to be honest I wouldn't be surprised if there's a combination of smaller environmental factors (even less time outside, even more shitty processed food, weaker parenting, etc.).
the chick in second picture 4th row down. looks just like a girl i knew from HS. i know she was a party girl. drunk at parties and was very outgoing. maybe you're right. more life experience, out in the sun, drinking, or smoking ages you up. everyone partied in the 80s. movies reflected that or kids reflected what they saw in movies. i know kids dont have a smoking culture anymore, but kids still drink and party? i dont even know if its good that kids look young as fuck these days. i partied a ton, when i was 14 or 15 i could buy beer and alcohol without issue. i looked old at that age. i was a non smoker. but i was outside a lot.

• 1Like

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's likely a combination of chemicals causing hormone disruption, with PFAS being a top contender. It's in just about everything and it accumulates inside the body and is almost impossible to get rid of even if you halt intake. It's also everywhere in the environment by now and affecting animals too. CO2 gets all the media but this is probably a bigger issue in the short term.

Actual science video

Sun exposure also ages you, this pic made the rounds a few years ago. Delivery driver that had a lot more sun exposure to one side of this face than the other over 28 years.

1690787717602.png

• 1Like
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 1 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>

No. Those kids cannot pass for 30 year olds. The 2 on the left might pass for adults, but the kids on the right?

41bdeqHI6-L._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
It's surprisingly difficult to find decent resolution yearbook pictures. And I stopped because I didn't want to get put on some kind of watch list. But the point is there. I saw some recent yearbook pictures while looking and even in 2010, high school seniors looked super young. No old looking kids who had to drag their ass in to school because they got tore up At a friend's party the night before. Life is becoming very generic and boring.

Goatface

can not find any pics of my hs's year book that isn't 240x240. almost all the chicks were running on few hours sleep as they had to get up before the sun to do their hair.

1690906345137.png

think i know the girl in bottom left corner lol

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 5 users

Goatface

while thinking about high school, was panama jack shirts a thing for anyone else? we were about 8 hours from a beach, but almost everyone had them.
1690990374050.png

• 6Like

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Never remember seeing any of those, but I might be from a different time. Shirts I remember seeing around, not necessarily in school, were Big Dogs, Big Johnson and Ron Jon Surf Shop (also nowhere near the beach).

• 1Like

JOESAN21

<Gold Donor>
can not find any pics of my hs's year book that isn't 240x240. almost all the chicks were running on few hours sleep as they had to get up before the sun to do their hair.

View attachment 484857
think i know the girl in bottom left corner lol
Holy crap I so miss big hair. Girlfriend at the time (now wife) had the best bangs...keep trying to get her to style it that way for Halloween. Every year I leave out a bottle of AquaNet on the counter and she throws it at me :(s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
  • 4Worf
  • 2Like