You're on the list

1709125076655.png

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I decided about 15 years ago that I wouldn’t consider myself old until I can’t do an unsupported hand stand. Realized while typing this up that I hadn’t tried one in a while…… still got it. Definitely less comfortable than it used to be though.
My philosophy on something like that is ... did I succeed the last time I tried? Yup, then as far as I know, I can still do it.

Goatface

Was able find a news piece my favorite teacher. a few years ago, he retired after teaching for 42 years, bought an old farm house and was going to turn it into an b&b.
Can only think of a handful more that could still be around.

miss good small town newpapers. we still have a weekly, but it is only like 8 pages. nothing really in it, whatever the town council is doing and sports.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Goatface

i live beside a river, on the other side about 75 yards away is a park. had a storm the other day, i was cleaning up, collecting sticks and throwing them in the river. 3 little kids on the other side, yelled to stop, i just kept throwing them, one yelled, "you're a bad person (or something)" then the other said "and you're old"

• 6Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Lejina

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
<Bronze Donator>
When something is too small to read, I take a picture of it with my phone and zoom in to see the characters. I tend to do this pretty much only with my work phone since my personal phone is old as shit and has a potato camera.

The iPhone decided to offer me a year recap of the pictures I took in 2023. Apparently 2023 was a can't see shit year. It a all serial numbers, zoomed in tags, resistor color codes and pictures taken with my phone jammed into some unreachable places.

• 8Worf
  • 5Solidarity
  • 4Like
Reactions: 17 users

Goatface

watching a 62 year old lawyer/youtuber talk about going to see ministry, and realize the singer (al jourgensen) is 65 now.

Goatface

joint where hand and thumb meet were the first to get arthritis. they don't bother me much anymore just doing normal things, but every so often like opening a stuck jar will feel like my thumbs are about to break off.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
We had an electric can opener growing up. Had a bad ass grinding wheel on the back that we used to sharpen knives. I used to sharpen knives just to watch the sparks fly. As an adult I've never had one because it just takes up too much counter space and we don't open cans often enough. There was a time as a bachelor when I had an under counter mounted cordless can opener, but no grinding wheel so it mostly collected dust. In recent years, half the cans are coming with pull rings making the can opener even less useful.

Anyway, I recently discovered a way to get a bigger phone without it taking up any extra room in my pocket. They're called "readers" and you put them on your face. America! What a country!

• 4Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 5 users

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Heavy leg day in the gym on Thursday. 32 hours latter, my legs don’t remember how to be legs. Tomorrow will be even worse.

• 6Solidarity
  • 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 9 users

Goatface

1711252868108.png

Emilio 61
Judd 64
Ally 61
Molly 56
Anthony Michael Hall 55

Paul Gleason was around 45 for the movie, he died in 2006 at aged 67

• 5Like
  • 2Mother of God
Reactions: 6 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
My sister came by today. She's 7 years older than me and moved out of the house to go to college when I was 10. She was talking about the people she knew growing up. I told her, "I don't know these people and they are old like you", most nearly at or already retired. My brother in law is retired.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
My older sister is retired, she is about to turn 57

But she had a health scare combined with a high pressure job. She decided to just say "fuck it!" and opt out of working.

She had made a couple of smart investments back in the early 2000's and with her husbands income, they can afford it