You know you're getting old when.....

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
don't know if you are being facetious or not, but both my dad and uncle had achalasia. for my dad is just annoying issue for years and he put off treatment till it got bad. after having esophageal dilation done he was back to normal. supposedly if 40-50, one treatment will last rest of your life.
honestly i think i just can't eat fast no more, the airways don't close fast enough

i will eat hotdogs 1 at a time now, while sitting
takeru-kobayashi-kobayashi-takeru.gif

Janx

<Silver Donator>
I remember when it was just everyone on the internet you had to assume was male. Simpler times.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
well, i'm getting too old to properly swallow, while that will not be an issue for you w/ your experience being a faggot, chug chug
Lucky for you, folering your food is always an option.

1_27_12_stewart.jpg

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Getting your ducks in a row and touching base is now considered jargon and a different language according to Gen Z morons.

Young professionals entering the workforce are puzzled by the seemingly endless dictionary of workplace jargon thrown at them.

New research released by LinkedIn and Duolingo surveyed 1,016 respondents in the UK between the ages of 18 and 76 and found that 48% of Gen Z and Millennials are feeling left out at work because of the use of workplace jargon like "blue sky thinking," and "low-hanging fruit," according to a press release viewed by Insider.

A little more than two-thirds of young people said that their colleagues were going overboard with jargon at work, but 54% of young workers said that they changed how they spoke to fit in.

Some 60% of Gen Z and Millennials said the jargon was like a different language, and, as a result, almost half said that they had made a mistake at work because they didn't understand a phrase.

More than half of young professionals said that they had looked up a word in a meeting to understand the conversation, while 83% said that they had used a word they didn't really understand in a professional situation to keep up appearances.

Some of the most frequently used phrases at work included "moving forwards," "touch base," "circle back," and "ducks in a row."

Respondents said some of the most annoying phrases were "blue sky thinking" and "low-hanging fruit."

"Plenty of people use jargon as part of their everyday language without even realizing it, but for those who are newer to the workplace, learning a whole new set of vocabulary can be frustrating," Charlotte Davies, a career expert at LinkedIn, said in the press release.

"There is a perception that those who can get to grips with jargon are more likely to progress at work, with 67% of Gen-Z and Millennials agreeing. Learning the workplace language can be tough, and we hope that by opening up the conversation, we can help to break down that workplace language barrier."

Gen Z is still getting to grips with the workplace, and those who graduated during the pandemic may find it even harder to integrate.

Managers at Deloitte and PWC told the Financial Times in May that pandemic graduates who studied virtually needed extra training because they struggled with teamwork, communication, and collaboration.

Last edited:
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
  • 2Worf
  • 2Mother of God
  • 2WTF
Reactions: 5 users

Kais

<Gold Donor>
These dumbasses were raised on Instagram and Chromebooks. We turned down more than a few receptionists over the past year because they didn't know how to email. I'm not even talking about proper format of a letter or document (header polite greeting, statement, question, response, closing, signature) ....i'm talking "what do you mean start menu. outlook? look out of what? stop treating me like i'm stupid" type fuckery.

I don't want to be a get off my lawn type, but fuck me if you're under 30 i can almost basically assume you are as useful as a potato. Stay away from the stapler.

• 5Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 6 users

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
These dumbasses were raised on Instagram and Chromebooks. We turned down more than a few receptionists over the past year because they didn't know how to email. I'm not even talking about proper format of a letter or document (header polite greeting, statement, question, response, closing, signature) ....i'm talking "what do you mean start menu. outlook? look out of what? stop treating me like i'm stupid" type fuckery.

I don't want to be a get off my lawn type, but fuck me if you're under 30 i can almost basically assume you are as useful as a potato. Stay away from the stapler.

That's an insult to potatoes sir. Potatoes can at least make fries and vodka

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
That's an insult to potatoes sir. Potatoes can at least make fries and vodka

And how do you know you can't do the same thing with these dumbasses? Have you tried mashing one in and distilling it?

• 2Worf

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Give up peopling because keep catching self talking about old times, explaining how you/or the subject got there.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
After 30+ years of being an optimist the math begs for the otherwise

Unlearning everything that I've ever done, realizing I'm correct for doing so but feeling empty because all of those connections are now garbage

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
So a pensive post.

I recently turned 50. It caused me to look at what I've got going on. My house is paid for. I have a huge life insurance policy, so if I pass, my wife and kids won't ever worry about money again. All my kids' college tuition is saved up for and ready to be paid. I own all my vehicles.

And as I deliberated on this, it kinda pissed me off that the first and almost only thing I was thinking of finances.

You know what else I have? I have a wife who is wildly successful in her field. She's beautiful, and she loves me. We share a bed every night, and she welcomes me to sex several times a week. She is a true life partner. We do everything together, but give each other space for private lives. I could not ask for a better partner.r

I have five kids. They are all healthy. Two of them are on a sports scholarship in college because they are that talented in their sport. They also have academic scholarships because my kids are a lot smarter than I am. They all look forward to coming home and spending time with me and their mother. I could not ask for better kids, and I am so excited about the relationship I have with them going forward as adults.

So. I know I'm getting old when I start prioritizing things other than my family relationships. My twin daughters both graduated with a BA recently. They both have excellent jobs lined up, but asked for a month to spend time with their families before making the permanent move out of the family home. I am both proud and humbled by that.

I know I'm getting old because my kids are getting older. I have three kids that are 20 or older. And I have to tell you, getting older is awesome. Watching the outcome of the energy I spent on family life...there could be nothing better.

Sorry, just a rambling post about nothing really. Getting older is amazing.

• 12Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 13 users

imready2go

WTF is a Raider?
<Gold Donor>
Getting older is amazing ... until your body decides to fuck you up.
Bowel blockage -> perforated bowel -> sepsis -> a miserable week in the hospital after sugery
Belly.jpg

• 8Thoughts & Prayers
  • 5Solidarity
  • 3Like
Reactions: 17 users

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Welp I'd say you just won the thread. Congrats!(Sorry?)

Hope your recovery doesn't suck :*(

• 2Like