You know you're getting old when.....

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
The Halloween costum potential this year off the charts.
Getting older is amazing ... until your body decides to fuck you up.
Bowel blockage -> perforated bowel -> sepsis -> a miserable week in the hospital after sugery
Your Haloween costume potential for this year is off the fucking chart.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
Getting older is amazing ... until your body decides to fuck you up.
Bowel blockage -> perforated bowel -> sepsis -> a miserable week in the hospital after sugery
View attachment 478721
I had a similar surgery for different reasons. My favorite part was the follow up visit where the nurse started removing the staples without any sort of numbing. I think her exact words were, "this might pinch a bit". After enduring 5 or so and it being a tiny bit worse than a pinch, it just felt like someone was ripping staples out of my skin, I asked for topical numbing. She then replied, "didn't they tell you to take something before this?". Nope... No one said shit.

Good times

imready2go

WTF is a Raider?
<Gold Donor>
The Halloween costum potential this year off the charts.
Your Haloween costume potential for this year is off the fucking chart.
I actually took the photo because my sister was texting me about what the scar looked like and how was I going to incorporate it into a custume.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Rathar

<Bronze Donator>
How do I know?

Since the last time I posted (pretty much) I've went from zero to four daily meds to take. Yay.
I've joined the Lipitor gang, The Too High Blood pressure gang plus knee and lung crap. First world problems for the win.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Goatface

had 2 sets of 20+ staples removed from my leg and a few from my stomach with no issues, but had some stitches removed from my forehead (benign tumor) that felt like they were connected to my brain.

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Fair question. I'm well above average in health and fitness for my age. Train at the gym 4 times per week and eat well. Its genetic, unfortunately.
I can’t fall asleep unless the TV is on. I need something to shut my head up long to doze off.

However the disgusting sound of someone sucking in air and blowing it out is a trigger for me like no other.

insomnia-cant-sleep.gif

• 1Worf

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I can’t fall asleep unless the TV is on. I need something to shut my head up long to doze off.

However the disgusting sound of someone sucking in air and blowing it out is a trigger for me like no other.

insomnia-cant-sleep.gif

The whole machine and the breathing really is silent. I guess the new tech is leaps and bounds above stuff from even 10 years ago.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
had 2 sets of 20+ staples removed from my leg and a few from my stomach with no issues, but had some stitches removed from my forehead (benign tumor) that felt like they were connected to my brain.
my knee always sets off metal detectors and tsa

i've never had knee surgery or a knee accident

• 1WTF
  • 1Like
  • 1Jonesing
Reactions: 2 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Woke in the middle of the night with the worst Charlie Horse ever. Two weeks later, calf is still really sore so I hit the doc. Turns are the cramp was so bad it tore my calf muscle when it contracted. I'm like "how can that happen Doc?". He replies muscles start to lose their elasticity as you get older.

FML.

• 6Solidarity
  • 4Thoughts & Prayers
  • 2Like
Reactions: 11 users

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Woke in the middle of the night with the worst Charlie Horse ever. Two weeks later, calf is still really sore so I hit the doc. Turns are the cramp was so bad it tore my calf muscle when it contracted. I'm like "how can that happen Doc?". He replies muscles start to lose their elasticity as you get older.

FML.

I feel you. Last year I tore my hip labrum rolling over in bed.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
It’s exactly stuff like this that’s got me working on diet/exercise/sleep. Also, my 6 year old daughter is already 50”. I need to fend her off as long as I can.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Galaxy Brain
Reactions: 3 users