Young Justice

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I was a bit reluctant when I saw they were changing up Halo's backstory, but this new version seems decent enough and retains aspects like the memory loss and raising from the dead, seemingly without the Aurakle though.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
DCUniverse also has the original seasons in both regular and 'enhanced' mode (which includes commentary)

The list of titles for this season is ominous:
Princes All
Royal We
Eminent Threat
Private Security
Away Mission
Rescue Op
Evolution
Triptych
Home Fires
Exceptional Human Beings
Another Freak
Nightmare Monkeys
True Heroes
Influence
Leverage
Illusion of Control
First Impression
Early Warning
Elder Wisdom
Quiet Conversations
Unknown Factors
Antisocial Pathologies
Terminus
Into the Breach
Overwhelmed
Nevermore

Not a hugely subtle hidden meaning...

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Just watched 4-6 and I am super whelmed. The attention and love of detail in this series is crazy. If only the actual DC Comics editors had this much attention to detail.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Just watched 4-6 and I am super whelmed. The attention and love of detail in this series is crazy. If only the actual DC Comics editors had this much attention to detail.
Can this be streamed on Roku or PS4? All these other streaming services piss me off but I would sub for Young Justice Marathon.

Looked it up. Yep on Roku. So my question is do theu release the entire season at once?

Qhue

Trump's Staff
No, they are releasing 3 episodes a week for a month and then taking a break while the full season of Doom Patrol runs, then they will be back for the second half of Young Justice at the same time Swamp Thing starts up.

dcu-calendar-1137208.jpeg

• 1Like

Qhue

Trump's Staff
At this point the show is an entire self-contained world of DC Comics...and it's glorious.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Back today!

Guy Gardner with a Boston accent is just perfect.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Note that while they have 3 episodes up today, they will be doing 1 episode per week from now on, which gets us to October. This helps bridge the content gap left by the shorter than intended Swamp Thing season plus the delay in Stargirl and Titans season 2.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
This continues to be the highlight of my week. The attention to detail from the whole history of the DCU is so rich. If the actual editorial staff of the comics had half the talent of the team working on this show the comics sales would be a lot stronger.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Whoa, sneak attack. Season 4 just dropped with the first 2 eps.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I do like that the credits show the evolution of the characters as their designations / names change. Damn I love this show for its willingness to go all-in on stories. I just wish there was a lot more of what else is going on with Earth-16!

• 1Like

Qhue

Trump's Staff
We are now three primary story arcs into the season and it's just crazy how much world building they are doing here.

Earth-16 is the most coherent DC Universe since the now venerable Timmverse ended and definitely tackles more complex issues. Giving Mary Marvel a major arc is just perfect as we head into her 80-year anniversary.

• 1Like

Qhue

Trump's Staff
They do such a terrible job of promoting this show! Good lord in heaven.

• 2Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
They do such a terrible job of promoting this show! Good lord in heaven.
Yeah, I only found out because i saw the little "new" icon while skimming through the new April stuff.

• 1Like

Djay

Trakanon Raider
1st episode of the 2nd half was unbearable. 2nd episode at least had some moments, but the scene where Aqualad was talking to his parents was cringey, too...possibly exposition that will pay off later, but it was so far removed from how reflective people are and how people talk that it was jarring.

I guess I only like about half the episodes now anyway...maybe I need to go rewatch the first season to see if it's actually as good as I thought it was at the time.

• 1Garbage

Malkav

French Madman
1st episode of the 2nd half was unbearable. 2nd episode at least had some moments, but the scene where Aqualad was talking to his parents was cringey, too...possibly exposition that will pay off later, but it was so far removed from how reflective people are and how people talk that it was jarring.

I guess I only like about half the episodes now anyway...maybe I need to go rewatch the first season to see if it's actually as good as I thought it was at the time.

The whole Beastboy drama in the first part of this season was so cringe to me... His character is cringe already as it is, but they layered even more cringe on top of it.

• 1Garbage
  • 1Like