Your Favorite Movie Theme Song

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
Some of the great ones listed so far.

And here's this one:

Just a straight forward song, but it's so perfect in that it is a musical expression of the Dude character. Chilled out music and what the lyrics are saying.

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
Fuuuuuuck. Almost forgot about this until last night.

Really everything Hans Zimmer touches though.

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
A lot of solid choices in this thread.

For me the best original scores go like this:

• 1. Lord of the Rings, Fellowship of the Ring. Seriously, the score makes this movie so much more awesome than if it was something lame. The fellowship walking through terrain becomes awesome just because of the score.
  • 2. Star Wars: Empire Strikes Back. Almost perfect in every respect. Plus, the Imperial March.
  • 3. Conan the Barbarian. I had forgotten about this, but the whole thing really is pretty great. Pretty much every section is full of awesome.
  • 4. Jaws. Not just the famous 2 note theme, but the entire thing is really well done.
  • 5. The Last of the Mohicans. The last few minutes of the movie especially, is just music with no dialogue. The opening theme and then the elk hunt is also awesome. (I may be biased with the elk hunt theme, since it was used for the Forgotten Hope mod of Battlefield 1942 and I played the shit out of that.)
  • 6. The Dark Knight. Hans Zimmer is awesome, and IMO the best movie composer since John Williams. The Joker's theme in this perfectly captures the essence of the character.
  • 7. Inception. Dream is Collapsing is phenomenal, plus the way he integrates the entire score with a slowed down song is truly inspired. This is another example of a movie not working nearly as well without the score.
  • 8. Raiders of the Lost Ark. The Indiana Jones march, the theme of the ark of the covenant, I don't need to go on.
  • 9. Terminator 2. The main theme, the T1000 theme, all of it is great.
  • 10. The Good, the Bad and The Ugly. The main theme, and the ecstasy of gold.

Honorable Mention: Tron Legacy, not a good movie, but a great soundtrack. V for Vendetta, Evey reborn specifically. Fight Club, everything is well done. The Silence of the Lambs, nothing very showy, but really captures the mood of that movie. Star Trek 2: Wrath of Khan, lots of good stuff in this one. Heat, especially the song that plays when Pacino is chasing down DeNiro right before they have a cup of coffee.

localhost

Golden Knight of the Realm
Always liked Avalon score

Oh, and Ameli, but it something more than just soundtrack I would say.

Terial

Trakanon Raider
man this is an awesome thread.... so many themes i forgot about, love the superman one obviously...
to add:

and from TV, i always thought of this one when i use to play EQ...

and let's not forget this one that we can all pretty much play on keyboard
smile.png

Terial

Trakanon Raider
i catch myself whistling this song more than i probably should, but i really like it. I keep hearing it in other movies now as well.