Your Own Photography

Feien

Ploppers
4wdnWVll.jpg

xFJ8oovl.jpg

hq6H1SRl.jpg

Subotai

Thief, Archer
Supermoon setting in Phoenix. Had been up all night and needed to get some air....thought it would make an interesting pic.

1585zz7.jpg

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
My sons football game....Some Nikon L830.

I've never used a "real" camera in my life. Any recommendations on a camera for sports/action? Like 500 bucks?

Subotai

Thief, Archer
Glad all that god damn rain stopped here in Phoenix. Was able to catch the SuperMoon rising near Pinnacle Peak:

zvej9z.jpg

Hex

Lord Nagafen Raider

Click for larger. Found this butterfly hanging out along a trail I was hiking, looked it up I think it is the "Eastern Comma" (Polygonia comma)

Drek_sl

shitlord
What are you taking these shots with Drek? Any post-processing? Some of yours are approaching NatGeo quality. Also, is there any way to approach this quality fairly cheaply?
Thanks
smile.png

That one I took with a D800 and a 14-24 f2.8 lens. A fairly expensive setup. Prior to that I shot with a D7000 which I love very much and still own. If you are serious about photography it is an excellent camera to start with.

Post: Not much on that one, just adjusted highlights and shadows where I felt they needed to be adjusted.

You can get a D7000 for about 900$NIKON D7000 DIGITAL SLR BODY 33752

15209963641_99db62b124_b.jpg

Szlia

I dug up my crappy digital camera this week-end (still better than the one of my vintage dumb phone) and thought I could dump here some of the pictures I rediscovered in it.

Tokyo, Meiji Jingu entrance.

rrr_img_76183.jpg

rrr_img_76187.jpg

Could be a good album cover for some prog rock / idm project!

rrr_img_76188.jpg

Terrace vineyard of Lavaux, Switzerland (UNESCO world heritage site). Lake L?man. French Alps. And myself in the train's window.

rrr_img_76189.jpg

Terrace vineyard of Lavaux. Lake L?man. Vevey.

rrr_img_76190.jpg

Pays d'en Haut (Upper Country), Switzerland.

rrr_img_76191.jpg

Szlia

Regional train underground station, Lausanne, Switzerland.

rrr_img_76192.jpg

Grey day at Montbenon park, Lausanne, Switzerland. Lake L?man.

rrr_img_76194.jpg

Hex

Lord Nagafen Raider
Aaand i'm a giant wuss when it comes to heights, I'd be scared shitless there.

sLjDcZ6h.jpg

Rainy day in Wildcat Canyon at Starved Rock.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
Thanks
smile.png

That one I took with a D800 and a 14-24 f2.8 lens. A fairly expensive setup. Prior to that I shot with a D7000 which I love very much and still own. If you are serious about photography it is an excellent camera to start with.
The newer D810 is gaining rave reviews. Have you considered trading the 800 in for it or is it not worth the effort?

I've only got into photography recently and about to pull the trigger on the newly released D750 but having some trouble deciding which lens to buy with it.

The 24-70 f2.8 lens is pretty darn sexy but is big and expensive. It has the focal length that I generally shoot at. I also like shooting portraiture so might get the 85mm prime later on should the zoom lens not suffice.

The alternative is the 24-120 f4.0. Great all rounder lens with it's focal length and smaller, lighter and cheaper than the 24-70. The drawbacks is that obviously it is not as fast and that is is not as sharp. The bokeh is also not as creamy as the 24-70. My opinion is that it is a great amateur lens but maybe not good enough for pro work which I am nowhere near.

I think you own the trinity, don't you Drek? What do you think?

I've seriously considered the Sony A7R because it is full frame as well as being extremely light and portable but the FE lens selection suck at the moment as well as being over priced. Mirror less is definitely coming along leaps and bounds though and getting really close the DSLRs. Nikon and Canon have a lot of catching up to do in this market with Sony leading the way at the moment.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Not mine, my parents shot this, but thought it was worth posting. The opportunity to get this shot only happens twice a year and that is IF the weather cooperates, which it usually doesn't.

rrr_img_76693.jpg

Drek_sl

shitlord
The newer D810 is gaining rave reviews. Have you considered trading the 800 in for it or is it not worth the effort?

I've only got into photography recently and about to pull the trigger on the newly released D750 but having some trouble deciding which lens to buy with it.

The 24-70 f2.8 lens is pretty darn sexy but is big and expensive. It has the focal length that I generally shoot at. I also like shooting portraiture so might get the 85mm prime later on should the zoom lens not suffice.

The alternative is the 24-120 f4.0. Great all rounder lens with it's focal length and smaller, lighter and cheaper than the 24-70. The drawbacks is that obviously it is not as fast and that is is not as sharp. The bokeh is also not as creamy as the 24-70. My opinion is that it is a great amateur lens but maybe not good enough for pro work which I am nowhere near.

I think you own the trinity, don't you Drek? What do you think?

I've seriously considered the Sony A7R because it is full frame as well as being extremely light and portable but the FE lens selection suck at the moment as well as being over priced. Mirror less is definitely coming along leaps and bounds though and getting really close the DSLRs. Nikon and Canon have a lot of catching up to do in this market with Sony leading the way at the moment.
I do, I only finished building it 8 or so months ago. I haven't thought about the D810 for two reason 1 - I JUST bought my D800 and 2 - It's the D800E so it would be minimal. I am quite happy with my camera. Its taken me a very long time to get everything but I am happy with it. I would recommend you save up a bit longer and get yourself the 24-70. It's a great lens, you won't regret it. I'm still learning a lot, I don't consider myself pro by any means yet I purchased what most would consider pro gear. Mirrorless has come a very long way and it's something a lot of people prefer because it's a lot easier to bring with you. Whatever you end up doing, keep shooting!

Few from this weekend:

15386298505_f0bc441ea6_b.jpg

15386191462_3b0c38104d_b.jpg

15382953091_26cbc81462_b.jpg

15199409777_6cebcb6093_b.jpg

Subotai

Thief, Archer
Nice fall photos! That's probably the only drawback for living here in the desert....no real chance of seasons.