Youtube Games

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Don't see this taking off. Why would popular twitch streamers leave twitch? It will mean losing all their subs on twitch... that is a lot of income to lose for going to youtube.
Google could offer them monetary rewards for switching.

Google could provide a much more reliable platform and tools

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Big streamers atm probably won't leave Twitch, but Youtube has a massive following and will draw in new streamers and eventually Youtube will have bigger streamers than Twitch. Like I said earlier, it won't effect Twitch short-term but there's no way Twitch can compete with Youtube long-term. All the kids I know watch tons of Youtube stuff, they will be loyal to Youtube. Probably ~5 years from now you'll see the newer generation streaming Youtube rather than Twitch... and then ~10 years from now Twitch will be a memory.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Wait, I thought both YouTube and Twitch were owned by Google?

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Amazon bought Twitch. Google lost that bid.

Only way Twitch survives is if Amazon makes some really drastic changes to the platform. Youtube is linked into everything, Twitch is really far behind there.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I want to see people streaming themselves taking shits. That will have my interest.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Guess I'm getting old, I checked the site and it's all fancy icon side bar shit and sliding nonsense with transparency popups and god it's fucking awful as fuck. Fucking phone/win10 interface shit, I hate them.

Don't really know how successful this will be, I guess to some extent for specific stuff it'll be but the whole content ID blocking and I assume the same rules for copyright claims closing down shit means it won't really be anything like twitch for general streaming. For tournaments and stuff I could see it being used as the official platform though.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Guess I'm getting old, I checked the site and it's all fancy icon side bar shit and sliding nonsense with transparency popups and god it's fucking awful as fuck. Fucking phone/win10 interface shit, I hate them.
It's not just you. The interface is a fucking mess. Twitch may be a little too simple, but at least you understand the words they use for the interface. gamesyoutube is exclusively icons where you have to guess what they do.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I like the layout on the backend for the actual streamer. Realtime analytics and even a clock of how long you've been streaming for, it's pretty slick. Messages/Min, Viewers/Min, etc, nice stuff. And everything updates without having to click an "update" or "save" button. Also a colored bar letting you know if viewers are experiencing problems viewing.

I absolutely abhor the frontend.

I still watch Twitch streamers since all the main dudes are there but for myself Im not popular and mainly just export highlights to Youtube anyway and I look back at some of my games for learning. So streaming to Youtube is actually nicer for me... also the fact it's a startup means random people can actually find my stream atm. Had ~4 viewers last night whereas on Twitch I mainly got 1-2 (from here).

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I made a channel. Back end is pretty damn nice like Fawe said. I had 5 viewers last night!! MILLIONS will be rolling in soon. Millions I say!

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I predict that youtube will eventually offer a solid incentive or revenue builder package to entice popular streamers

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
They're already laying out copyright infringements for things like sound effects in games being played.

So this experiment will die a quick death if Google doesn't dramatically alter its copy right rules, which it can't do, because lawsuits
It's absurd. Oliver Campbell was streaming Dying Light last night and he got flagged because of the music that wasin the game.Imagine playing GTA V with the music on and going intoanycar, you're done.

YouTube dun goofed. This will never be successful as long as their bullcrap copyright system is in place.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Do they have any rules for how DMCA works with, for example, background music ? Because if it's like normal youtube, you will end up with major streamers getting fucked randomly, which is bad for business.

Ah, yes answered above. This is dead for major streamers, unless they put some major work into it. Most streamers play music through youtube anyway, how about figuring some revenue sharing, huh ?

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
I might try and set up a channel this weekend, I know the world at large is dying to watch my subpar game misplays.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
As long as Twitch stays modern and hip, with the same options as Youtube it shouldn't be a problem. Competition is always good.

But more likely Twitch will end up just like Myspace when Facebook came out and was plugged into EVERYTHING. There really wasn't any incentive to continue using it or geocities or any of that first gen stuff. The contrast is Steam. They did it right the first time, and they've continued to dominate by staying one step ahead of their digital distribution counterparts.

spronk

FPS noob
Twitch has had some massive technical problems this year with big streams lagging or being delayed, E3 being a prime example. Their video quality is also not great.

The youtube gaming UI is just absolute SHIT though, its basically a skin on top of youtube. You can actually find the live playlist right off youtube even. And like people have said they need to fix the DMCA shit or nobody is gonna switch.

It'll be interesting to see what happens, amazon laid off a bunch of people this week from their hardware and gaming divisions so its sort of unclear where exactly amazon wants to go with all this side-business stuff. They have apparently moved everyone to work on a f2p DOTA-clone PC game which they want to jump into, and twitch would be a good bed for that.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Twitch has had some massive technical problems this year with big streams lagging or being delayed, E3 being a prime example. Their video quality is also not great.

The youtube gaming UI is just absolute SHIT though, its basically a skin on top of youtube. You can actually find the live playlist right off youtube even. And like people have said they need to fix the DMCA shit or nobody is gonna switch.

It'll be interesting to see what happens, amazon laid off a bunch of people this week from their hardware and gaming divisions so its sort of unclear where exactly amazon wants to go with all this side-business stuff. They have apparently moved everyone to work on a f2p DOTA-clone PC game which they want to jump into, and twitch would be a good bed for that.
F2p dota clones have been dying left and right, maybe Bezos finally went full retard, just like the Fire phone. Amazon seems to be too obsessed into making their own ecosystem ala google or apple instead of just making good products

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Twitch has always seemed like it just barely works. It's a poorly coded site and feels very bloated.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
It's also the only site of its kind and dealing with this much traffic, every major network service provider has problems, be it LoL, Dota or Twitch