Zero Dark Thirty (2012)

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
Thank fuck it isn't a recruiting video.

That said, I thought Seal Team Six did that, those guys look Delta with the facial hair.
Most Seals (and Specop support personnel) don't shave when in theater or even on training exercises. i just completed a three week training where we were in uniform daily but no covers or military grooming standards enforced the entire trip.

Plus studies show that you fight better with a beard...

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Why would people be butthurt?
There are some pretty intense scenes taken from reality (press conferences etc) that go against the major theme of the film. Nothing major, but some of the interrogation scenes are pretty visceral. I've since read that most of the film is pretty steeped in reality - whether that is true or not, who knows.

I saw this at a screening at a large O&G companies headquarters - pretty random. I'd never even heard of it until yesterday when I was invited. Turns out its not even released yet, and when it does it will be pretty limited.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Dude must have an awesome agent to get top billing

iM2Lt.jpg

iM2Lt.jpg

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
my opinion of the CIA was already pretty low but after watching this it pretty much cratered to the center of the earth.

these people are several magnitudes worse than the "terrorists" they interrogate and torture.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Just realized that the direct IS the as the hurt locker lol. Can only imagine how fucking insanely inaccurate this movie will be(hurt locker has got to be the dumbest fucking ive ever seen).

MaulNutz_sl

shitlord
Nice to see some Hurt Locker hate, I thought I was the only one! Seriously why do people like that shit, are they that out of touch with reality?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Hurt Locker is the greatest super hero movie centered in the Iraq war.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Hurt Locker was gay as fuck but this is kind of cool.

Just the stealth helos alone make it a must watch for any SF nerd.

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
Man and I thought Argo was overrated. This movie is too recent from the events, nothing felt suspenseful, none of the characters were likable really and the main characters over confidence seemed just as dangerous as it was useful. Had this been a fictional account and from a different director I don't feel like it would've made much of a peep in Oscar buzz land, though recently people really do seem to love them some war drama.

The Hurt Locker was completely ridiculous but it was at least entertaining

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
characters were weak for sure. Bourne was better at dramatization. Not much intensity during the raid scene. I kept skipping some scenes, only to turn back for confirmation. Not a good thing.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
my opinion of the CIA was already pretty low but after watching this it pretty much cratered to the center of the earth.

these people are several magnitudes worse than the "terrorists" they interrogate and torture.
lol hippy. Their people crash planes into our buildings and kill thousands of people, and they saw the heads off of POWs. We use pussy techniques to "torture" them and make fun of their genitalia and piss on their bible. We do not even compare.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I thought the movie was pretty good, but I was disappointed that I didn't get to see OBL's dead face.