Zero Dark Thirty (2012)

Dom_sl

shitlord
I could have skipped everything but the raid and wouldn't have missed a single thing worth watching.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
I could have skipped everything but the raid and wouldn't have missed a single thing worth watching.
Yeah, a lot of the early stuff was ... just ok. I wish they would have at least mentioned that the team that went after him were fucking badasses, and all the training they went through for the mission, etc.

I thought the movie was quite good. It was fairly straight forward, no surprise ending =P. I liked the lead up to the raid. The 'never say die' attitude added to the movie alot. the 'controversial' scenes didn't seem anything out of the ordinary. We know these sorts of methods were used and they didn't seem over the top really. It's not like they were being raped analy with broom sticks. I liked how the raid wasn't lit for our sakes and there was no background music. I will watch it again.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
lol hippy. Their people crash planes into our buildings and kill thousands of people, and they saw the heads off of POWs. We use pussy techniques to "torture" them and make fun of their genitalia and piss on their bible. We do not even compare.
you're exactly the type of idiot who perfectly personifies the problem

why do you even bother comparing yourself to them? is being slightly less worse than they are somehow constitutes a win in your book?

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
you're exactly the type of idiot who perfectly personifies the problem

why do you even bother comparing yourself to them? is being slightly less worse than they are somehow constitutes a win in your book?
And you're just an idiot. What do you think, that we should politely ask them to give up all the information on a terrorist organization that they are perfectly willing to give their life for? Or do you think they need some physical therapy? hah.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
And you're just an idiot. What do you think, that we should politely ask them to give up all the information on a terrorist organization that they are perfectly willing to give their life for? Or do you think they need some physical therapy? hah.
i dont want any information from them. it has been proven countless times that information extracted through torture is just about always useless or faulty. people will tell you whatever you want to hear to stop the pain.

so why even compromise our ethics and lower ourselves to that level to obtain nothing?

how stupid do you feel now?

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
i dont want any information from them. it has been proven countless times that information extracted through torture is just about always useless or faulty. people will tell you whatever you want to hear to stop the pain.

so why even compromise our ethics and lower ourselves to that level to obtain nothing?

how stupid do you feel now?
I don't feel stupid. I'm going back and forth with someone who has proven themselves repeatedly to be clueless on practically every subject they comment on.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
I don't feel stupid. I'm going back and forth with someone who has proven themselves repeatedly to be clueless on practically every subject they comment on.
mmmmmm, thats what defeat sounds like. always enjoyable to own someone in 2 posts.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
my opinion of the CIA was already pretty low but after watching this it pretty much cratered to the center of the earth.

these people are several magnitudes worse than the "terrorists" they interrogate and torture.
I'll just go back to your OP, where you stated that the CIA are "several magnitudes worse" than the people they torture. So please explain how the pussy torture techniques the CIA employed on terrorists are worse than 1. crashing planes into buildings and killing thousands of innocent people, and 2. sawing innocent peoples heads off with machetes?

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Well, saying the CIA is several magnitudes worse than terroristsispretty fucking stupid.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Movie was lame. Discussing how terribad IRL organizations are in relation to how they are in the movie is also lame.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Well, saying the CIA is several magnitudes worse than terroristsispretty fucking stupid.
I think Araysar's plan was to bait with the "CIA is worse than terrorists" then backpeddle to "torture isn't useful" and maybe even argue that the OBL raid was entirely possible without torture.. As we can see it didn't work.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
nah,

you're making the same mistake as the other idiot did.

we hold ourselves and our way of life to a higher standard. when we betray those principles in the name of the protecting those very same principles not only it makes us human garbage, but also makes us hypocrites. the terrorists at least dont hide what they are about. we know they are scum, they dont pretend to be anything else.

once again, why would you compare yourselves to them and consider it a victory if you are slightly "less bad" than they are?

p.s. also, waterboarding is now a "pussy torture technique"?

i remember a popular radio host who was saying that once too, he lasted 8 seconds and did a full 180 on that statement afterwards

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/archi...and-Loses.html

Turns out the stunt wasn't so funny. Witnesses said Muller thrashed on the table, and even instantly threw the toy cow he was holding as his emergency tool to signify when he wanted the experiment to stop. He only lasted 6 or 7 seconds.

"It is way worse than I thought it would be, and that's no joke,"Mancow said, likening it to a time when he nearly drowned as a child. "It is such an odd feeling to have water poured down your nose with your head back...It was instantaneous...and I don't want to say this: absolutely torture."
"I wanted to prove it wasn't torture," Mancow said. "They cut off our heads, we put water on their face...I got voted to do this but I really thought 'I'm going to laugh this off.' "
Last year, Vanity Fair writer Christopher Hitchens endured the same experiment -- and came to a similar conclusion. The conservative writer said he found the treatment terrifying, and was haunted by it for months afterward.
"Well, then, if waterboarding does not constitute torture, then there is no such thing as torture," Hitchens concluded in the article.

Source:http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/archi...#ixzz2HJg4N979

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
nah,

you're making the same mistake as the other idiot did.

we hold ourselves and our way of life to a higher standard. when we betray those principles in the name of the protecting those very same principles not only it makes us human garbage, but also makes us hypocrites. the terrorists at least dont hide what they are about. we know they are scum, they dont pretend to be anything else.

once again, why would you compare yourselves to them and consider it a victory if you are slightly "less bad" than they are?

p.s. also, waterboarding is now a "pussy torture technique"?

i remember a popular radio host who was saying that once too, he lasted 8 seconds and did a full 180 on that statement afterwards

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/archi...and-Loses.html
Yeah, I'm fairly certain I'd rather get waterboarded by liars than decapitated by honest jihadists.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I'm fairly certain I'd rather get waterboarded by liars than decapitated by honest jihadists.
I think a more apt comparison would you rather be decapitated or be blown up in your house with a predator missile. Lets compare death to death if we are going to go that route.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
I think a more apt comparison would you rather be decapitated or be blown up in your house with a predator missile. Lets compare death to death if we are going to go that route.
Again, you haven't backed up your original statement, that the CIA is magnitudes worse than terrorists that crash planes into buildings killing thousands of people, and terrorists who decapitate people with machetes. Your statement that "we" should hold ourselves to a higher standard may or may not be a valid point, but it is completely irrelevant to your original statement. So, please explain how the CIA is magnitudes worse. Do you want to take back your absolutely idiotic assertion, or do you want to keep trying to change the subject, etc, in a hope to somehow find a way to explain away your moronic statement? It's ok to admit that you are wrong. You're human after all.