Recent content by Downhammer

  1. Downhammer

    Everquest Legends

    IDK how much it really factored in but it's one of the few new areas EQ2 added that fits in the vanilla EQ map. EQ2 fucked up the world map by splitting Antonica into a bunch of islands so many of the new EQ2 dungeons wouldn't really make sense. A castle on the outskirts of Nektulos though feels...
  2. Downhammer

    Everquest Legends

    I'm not suggesting it's great content but here's what's kept me logging in: Leveling OP or core classes to 50 Unlocking all classes (and playing the storage game with quest drops leading into class specific gear that may or may not be bis) Testing out the meta builds (enc charm, bard ddd, this...
  3. Downhammer

    Everquest Legends

    It's looking like, for dungeons in your level range at least, 3ish motes 1 level higher than your difficulty (major for D4) plus some additional zone loot. It appears the bonus loot is fixed and has nothing to do with zone size, number of named, or anything like that. A 10 minute befallen or...
  4. Downhammer

    Everquest Legends

    We'll see on Sky. I'm done so it's unlikely I ever go back unless motes drop like candy. I view the "rare" and named tags as a double edged sword in Sky though. If you just cherry pick the quest drops you may not kill enough to trigger the end loot. If, for example, you need to kill both small...
  5. Downhammer

    Everquest Legends

    From my understanding, every mob on isle 7 is flagged as "rare" and will be triple class on D4. Combined with being red you get maximum mote potential per kill. The question then becomes are you killing at the same speed as other D4s? I know the marginal gains are what power gamers are all...
  6. Downhammer

    Everquest Legends

    This is also a great method if you're not strong enough to kill all 4 boss bees in one nonstop sequence. When the second boss spawns after killing the first, that spot becomes his spawn point and he will never path back to the front. At this point, even if you die, you can rebuff and invis back...
  7. Downhammer

    Everquest Legends

    If you are any kind of enc or bard combo by far the easiest strat for bee is: invis to back side paci one of the little outside bees from max range - shouldn't draw agro if done correctly and/or range extension focus from through the cog pull the big middle bee which will also pull the other...
  8. Downhammer

    Everquest Legends

    Yeah, hard to give up +10 weapons but part of this game to me is solving the gear puzzle. Things like CT gloves instantly rise to bis even if it's not for every class specifically because every class can use it. Same with the kerran neck. They may not be bis for every class or situation but...
  9. Downhammer

    Everquest Legends

    I suppose for someone on their first run up to 50 bonus xp is nice but you quickly reach a point where motes are the only progression. While technically motes and xp are completely separate systems it's no secret that leveling on D4 red named is one of the highest mote yields vs difficulty...
  10. Downhammer

    Everquest Legends

    I didn't hit my stride really until Kunark so I can't speak to the original original Sky but, really, it wasn't that out of family for those early EQ expansions. Veeshan's Peak and ToV are basically the same kind of raid zone. They went away from quests for gear for VP (epics were the class...
  11. Downhammer

    Everquest Legends

    I don't have an answer for you because I'm fully in the nostalgia to separate the two but I'd be curious the answer. I've come across first time EQ players in groups and guild chat and they seem to enjoy things. You have all the benefits of 25+ years of maturity on classes, combat, and systems...
  12. Downhammer

    Everquest Legends

    I know we're not the same players we were 25+ years ago but I think they've struck a nice balance of how things were with modern QoL. Admittedly I barely hit 50 before Kunark so I didn't grind the vanilla end game but I'm happy with EQL being a time-locked trip down memory lane. If you've...
  13. Downhammer

    The Odyssey (2026)

    I'm sure her version and mine would be hugely divergent but with regards to this movie she's not wrong.
  14. Downhammer

    Avengers: Doomsday (2025)

    Not only is "nothing on the line" but we don't have any sense of what the threat really is. All we have is Thor's monologue about how this scares him more than anything in the past. Yes, multiverse incursions are scary but we've seen it a dozen times already in Loki, What If, Strange 2, and...
  15. Downhammer

    Avengers: Doomsday (2025)

    I think one of the problems with the stingers and post credits post-IW is that we've rarely had any payoff. Maybe that changes with Doom but we'll see. In phases 1-3 the stingers almost always led directly into the next movie. Thor's hammer and Capt Marvel's pager being two obvious examples...