10 Cloverfield Lane (2016)

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: 10 Cloverfield Lane

Tagline: Monsters come in many forms.

Genre: Thriller, Science Fiction, Drama

Director: Dan Trachtenberg

Cast: Mary Elizabeth Winstead, John Goodman, John Gallagher Jr., Bradley Cooper, Douglas M. Griffin, Cindy Hogan, Suzanne Cryer, Maya Erskine, Mat Vairo, Ryan Martin Dwyer

Release: 2016-03-10

Runtime: 103

Plot: After getting in a car accident, a woman is held in a shelter with two men, who claim the outside world is affected by a widespread chemical attack.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
[CONTAINER][POSTER]View attachment 92820[/POSTER][MOVIE]Title: 10 Cloverfield Lane (2016)

Genre: [GENRE]Science Fiction[/GENRE], [GENRE]Drama[/GENRE], [GENRE]Mystery[/GENRE], [GENRE]Thriller[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Dan Trachtenberg[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Mary Elizabeth Winstead[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]John Goodman[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]John Gallagher Jr.[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Douglas M. Griffin[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Cindy Hogan[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Bradley Cooper[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Suzanne Cryer[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Maya Erskine[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Mat Vairo[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Ryan Martin Dwyer[/ACTOR]

Release Date: [RELEASE]2016-03-10[/RELEASE]

Runtime: [RUNTIME]103[/RUNTIME]

Plot: Waking up from a car accident, a young woman finds herself in the basement of a man who says he's saved her life from a chemical attack that has left the outside uninhabitable.[/MOVIE][/CONTAINER]

yeah i am one of the few people who loved the original
i cant wait.

please somebody re-edit the thread title to 10 Cloverfield Lane(Cloverfield sequel)

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
aeiVxTSTeGJ2ICf1iSDXkF3ivZp.jpg

Title: 10 Cloverfield Lane

Genre: Thriller, Science Fiction, Drama

Director: Dan Trachtenberg

Cast: Mary Elizabeth Winstead, John Goodman, John Gallagher Jr., Bradley Cooper, Douglas M. Griffin, Cindy Hogan, Suzanne Cryer, Maya Erskine, Mat Vairo, Ryan Martin Dwyer

Release: 2016-03-10

Runtime: 103

Plot: After getting in a car accident, a woman is held in a shelter with two men, who claim the outside world is affected by a widespread chemical attack.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Cloverfield 1 was a money grab. If JJ spent less than 20 million on this, so is this...

Genuinely surprised he's using his Star Wars largess to enrich Bad Robot again with the same god damned trick.

edit: He spent 5 million making this. It should be straight to video or on TV. Instead it'll make 100m, all profit. I shouldn't hate on him, more power to him. But god damn he's a hack at times.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Loved? That movie was garbage if only for the fact it had the window lickers of three world talking about strange noises.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Loved? That movie was garbage if only for the fact it had the window lickers of three world talking about strange noises.
well this is the astrocreep that you guys love to hate or hate because of hate. i like quirky campy shit along with all the mainstream stuff everyone else likes. i think the original cloverfield movie did godzilla better than the two american godzillas combined.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
Yeah I will stand with Chuk on this one, I really liked the original.

It's one of the few found footage films that works well.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
I liked the original Cloverfield but the best part of the movie was the spooky trailers leading up to it and all the hype/buzz trying to figure out what it would be.

In the end though all people got was motion sickness.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Yeah I enjoyed the monster from the deep concept of the first one, but it remains to this day the only film I've ever watched that gave me motion sickness. If it was more monster and less shaky cam it might have been an okay film, but as it was it was just a mess.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
The first one forgot one thing about horror/terror: don't show, just let people imagine.
Till the "monster" appeared (including the trailers), it was pretty good. Then it went with the big monster routine.
Plus, motion sickness.

Not really looking foward for this. Money grab as fuck

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Updated the thread title.

When I saw this trailer somewhere else I was thinking at first it was just some weird kidnapping movie, even though it said Cloverfield.

I loved the first the first time I saw it - watching it again was meh.

What really added to the experience was we went to a theater where the AC had broken. They offered refunds but me and my brother saw it anyways - no one else was in the theater. Even worse, because the AC was broken there was puke EVERYWHERE in the theater. They closed off entire sections. Even the bathrooms got closed down while they cleaned. It was awesome. Smelled like shit, piss, and puke everywhere.

khalid

Unelected Mod
Really liked the original, but did watch it at home.

I look forward to this, but only if it doesn't use shakycam or at least only sparingly used it. Shakycam almost always is a negative to a movie.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I walked out on the first one due to motion sickness. I am a pretty big horror fan so this was disappointing to me. Ill be skipping this crap too.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I liked the idea but all it did was give me a headache and left me saying "What was the point of that movie?"

I hate movies that try to be extra mysterious to the point of not telling you a fucking thing. I feel like Abrams is a complete hack who cannot tell a story and then when he knows he can't come up with a fitting ending he just doesn't end his shit. Instead relying on "true believers" of his to come up with their own ideas which almost always end up as "It was a story about human relationships!!! It's all love!!!"

Fuck that.

Caliane

yeah. I liked Cloverfield as well.

its an experimental film. Of course its not perfect. movies like that rarely get made. It took alot of risks.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
I watched Cloverfield and immediately wanted a full on, Michael Bay explosion fest military POV of the exact same time frame of events as the original movie.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I dunno I really like John Goodman. If the reviews say there isn't to much shaky cam I will probably give this a try. It doesn't look like a lot of shaky cam and suppossedly has a much bigger budget.

Here is a better trailer.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Thanks noodlemod, yeah I saw cloverfield from home so I had no motion sickness, I think the only theater movie that did something like that to me was avatar. The 3d gave me a bastard of a headache.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I'm curious how this will connect to Cloverfield. It's being billed as a "spiritual sequel" to Cloverfield. I think I'd like to have a more direct sequel showing the aftermath after the monster attack.

I have a feeling that scene where the girl opens the door is going to be the last 5 minutes of the movie, and we won't actually see what she sees.

Caliane

I'm curious how this will connect to Cloverfield. It's being billed as a "spiritual sequel" to Cloverfield. I think I'd like to have a more direct sequel showing the aftermath after the monster attack.

I have a feeling that scene where the girl opens the door is going to be the last 5 minutes of the movie, and we won't actually see what she sees.
Inclined to think so as well.
this has been done before, as a concept. Twilight zone, outer limits. Pretty sure theres a movie on netflix.(pervy dude has girl trapped with him, iirc. insists shes safe inside with him, she doesn't remember how she got in there) people trapped in a bunker. We the viewer don't know whats outside. (even Kimmy Schmit)
So this seems the same setup. Crazy dude has bunker, gets people inside. Insists they are only safe inside with him. whole movie is then the drama of them starting to freak out, have enough and doubt the truth. (most of these end up with, nope crazy dude was right, it really was the end of the world.)

so, is there a twist?

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database