10 Cloverfield Lane (2016)

Khane

Got something right about marriage
And none of the timelines involve the actual monster. Movie is sounding like a real stinker and he's just using the original for its namesake and nothing else to sell a low budget crap flick.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
There was an article on reddit that basically said
this movie was made a few years ago but got dropped by the producers. So paramount picked it up, did some quick rewrites and reshoots to fit it into the cloverfield universe and called it a day. I guess the original name was "velencia" or something like that. 90% of the movie takes place in the bunker and it was shot for $5mil.

Take that with a grain of salt

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I really liked the original but I think primarily to the mysterious hype leading up to it made it better. If it would have been just a flat release, couple of trailers then the movie, I wouldn't have enjoyed as much. No doubt i'll give it a try. I'm hoping this is directly tied to the original and not some random spinoff or unrelated incident. I think that's where they messed up with Paranormal Activity. They had a good thing going and then we were left with the little girl and her dog being the only family members alive and we never got the rest of the story.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah it's valencia, it's always been Valencia:
spoilered for length:
Dan Trachtenberg to Direct VALENCIA. Bad Robot and Paramount Insurge Producing VALENCIA | Collider
After his short film based on the video game Portal went viral, director Dan Trachtenberg has been attached to several projects including Crime of the Century and Y: The Last Man. Nothing has come to fruition yet, so Valencia is poised to be Trachtenberg's feature directorial debut after closing a deal with Bad Robot and Insurge Pictures (a Paramount division for low-budget projects). The Wrap provides the synopsis for the Dan Casey script:

"The majority of the movie takes place in an underground cellar, home to a teenage girl and a caretaker. The girl woke up in the cellar after a car accident, at which point her eerie companion tells her a nuclear attack has devastated society. The girl still hopes to escape."
Paramount greenlit the $5 million production for a fall start date.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Pathetic. But what should we expect from the man who launched into stardom with a total piece of shit like LOST.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
is there an expiration date on bringing up Lost whenever JJ Abrams's name is mentioned? if so, i cant wait.

ohkcrlho

90%....
...of the movie is inside the bunker? Lol reminds the 2nd Starship Troopers

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
lets not slit our wrists quite yet. when the full trailer comes out then we will see. if that was their only trailer, then thats not so awesome.

ohkcrlho

True, although it's not a sequel to a movie that was 95% outside a closed room.
Plus.....Exam is different kind of movie.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
It looks like it will be a very different film from the original anyway, I am still looking forward to seeing it.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
Footage that suggests John Goodman's character . . .

escapes the bunker.
SVf96FE.gif

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
lol. i love that scene, been a huge fan of JG since then. shit, 30+ years. where the fuck does time go?

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
I'm a little ( or a lot ) bored so I gave that article a read through.

I did laugh when I saw the 1 Comment at the bottom.

rrr_img_124526.jpg

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
New trailer right before the start of the game tonight. Still looks good, there's definitely part of the movie outside the bunker.