12 Monkeys

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: 12 Monkeys

Genre: Drama, Science Fiction

First aired: 2015-01-16

Creator: Terry Matalas, Travis Fickett

Cast: Aaron Stanford, Amanda Schull, Barbara Sukowa, Emily Hampshire, Demore Barnes, Tom Noonan, Todd Stashwick

Overview: The provocative story of Cole, a time traveler from a decimated future in a high-stakes race against the clock. Utilizing a dangerous and untested method of time travel, he journeys from 2043 to the present day on a mission to locate and eradicate the source of a deadly plague that will all but annihilate the human race.

sukik

[SERIES][TVPOSTER]View attachment 126773[/TVPOSTER][SERIESWRAP][EPISODENAME]12 Monkeys[/EPISODENAME]

Genre: [GENRE]Drama[/GENRE], [GENRE]Science Fiction[/GENRE]

First Aired: [RELEASE]2015-01-16[/RELEASE]

Overview: [PLOT]The provocative story of Cole, a time traveler from a decimated future in a high-stakes race against the clock. Utilizing a dangerous and untested method of time travel, he journeys from 2043 to the present day on a mission to locate and eradicate the source of a deadly plague that will all but annihilate the human race.[/PLOT][/SERIESWRAP][/SERIES]

12 Monkeys | Syfy

Looking at the pedigree of the writers and showrunner I don't expect this to be good. I'm expecting over the top drama with material for tweens, teens and young adults. Which would be sad because the source material was pretty fun.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Syfy is that old MMO which lost most of the population at launch but now expects multitudes of people to come flocking back for their free to play additions years later. The brand is ruined.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
The reason why 12 monkeys worked as a film is because we knew only as much as we needed for our brains to full in the rest. Spend any more time exploring it and things will start to fall apart

sukik

Ahh, a trip down memory lane. From my favorite sequence in the movie. Movie spoilers obviously.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
What else can Syfy fuck up? Maybe a 5th Element tv show? And they're so contemporary. I expect their Matrix TV show in another 15 years.

sukik

What else can Syfy fuck up? Maybe a 5th Element tv show? And they're so contemporary. I expect their Matrix TV show in another 15 years.
Blade Runner Housewives, Alien in the City, 2001: A space adventure in 2015, The Falling Skies of Pandora: Avatar Defiance, Robocops.

spronk

FPS noob
does not look good. looks like its going to suffer from the core problem: how do you drag out a series to infinite length where the story really is 2, maybe 5 hours long max. putting in a romance subplot is also eurgh

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
It's going to have Zeljko Ivanek in it, it can't be bad....

Seriously though, that guy is in flipping everything lately.

spronk

FPS noob
first episode aired tonight, i enjoyed it.made me want to go back and rewatch the movie, actually (this weekend)

season 1 gonna be 12 episodes

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Two episodes downloaded for me last night, only watched the first one so far. If that's what they meant by "marathon"?

First episode wasn't bad, and I agree with spronk, I'm probably going to end up watching the movie this weekend now.

Vaclav

You guys rewatching the movie or watching it the first time? It's one of my all time faves and your statements weren't clear. Got the pilot DVR'ed but not watched it yet - I'm hoping it holds up to SyFy's treatment.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Rewatch for me, and spronk as well it looks like. This is still far and away my favor Brad Pitt role ever. Unless of course I'm feeling a little gay, then it is Legends of the Fall, clearly. So dreamy.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Watched pilot today, it's not awful and I'll keep watching it to see where it goes, though there's an obvious silly love triangle going on.

Vaclav

Rewatch for me, and spronk as well it looks like. This is still far and away my favor Brad Pitt role ever. Unless of course I'm feeling a little gay, then it is Legends of the Fall, clearly. So dreamy.
Favorite as well - although True Romance is a close second. (And likely because it's a smaller role that it's #2 for me)

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I just started this. It says pilot and I get a previously on 12 monkeys at the start of the show. Wtf did I miss?

Vaclav

Just starting it now (12 min into "Splinter" S1E1) - holy crap the number of scenes the lifted nearly perfectly with only minor tweaks from the movie is amazing, I was expecting it to diverge from the source much more - but they're being VERY respectful to it so far, amazing.

Vaclav

"I go to the planet Ogo, where I'm part of the elite preparing to subjugate the alien hordes on Pluto"

TV show information provided by The Movie Database