2012 NFL Season

Cathan

Silver Knight of the Realm
Shit team is a little exaggerated, they were far better than a 2-14 year but "suck for Luck" and Curtis Painter dragged them down. He also had quite the favorable schedule (something like 2nd or 3rd easiest in the entire league), and somehow the Colts managed 11 wins despite being the only playoff team with a negative point differential on the season. Don't get me wrong, he did a lot of great things this year, but his season isn't quite on par with Wilson or RG3's.
Fuck Wilson...

#1 I will ALWAYS hate Wilson for being a faggot that won a game on an interception first and foremost.

#2 Wilson has the benefit of an actual really good defense. He never had to play from behind. He could be Alex fucking Smith if he was playing for the Titans (and I mean the OLD Alex Smith, not the Harbaugh version).

Luck had to bust his ass to win games straight out of his asshole. Luck put the beatdown on Greenbay legitimately, not due to some fucking fraud. Luck had an fucking offensive coordinator, not a head coach and if you argue Arians is as good as a HC then he had no OC. Somehow or another there was a coach missing there because my team certainly wasn't the same without a few key coaches...

RG3 is good but we all know he had a HUGE benefit of the Shanahan running game, Alfred Morris is pretty damn good and that gimicky pistol offense that fits RG3's skill set very well. Luck was getting it done on his own back. Donald fucking driver or whoever else was running for him wasn't winning shit on his back.

It was discussed through the season but Luck developed as a true QB this year. RG3 just used what he already knew and Shanahan used him to save his own ass without developing RG3 as a pocket passer. Maybe the pistol sticks around for a bit or maybe it gets squashed just like the wildcat... Either way, odds are Luck's going to develop into a better pure passer a lot sooner and last a lot longer in the league.

I think it's gotta be Luck or RG3. If Morris was pulling off AP style runs sure, put him in contention but he's running under the Shanahan who has the ball zone blocking play action 3 option read... I'll acknowledge Luck's had a shitload of turnovers and bad throws and a lot of luck when he's chucked it into double or triple coverage but Redskins fans need to acknowledge Shanahan built a gimicky offensive system for RG3 that helps him put up all those stats. If RG3's still doing the same stuff successfully in 2 years I'll tip my hat to him.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Said it since Dallas signed Romo to that (ridiculous overpriced) deal - he's a guy who will always put up decent numbers, but is a fucking loser. Losers do shit like this consistently, winners don't (or they do it once, and don't do it again).

The best/worst moment of the game? RGIII walking over post game to GIVE ROMO ADVICE! A fucking rookie consoling a guy whose led his team to make or break games 7 times - only to fall flat on his smug ass 6 of them.

Well played to that piece of shit organization from Washington - RGIII is great (and he played pretty average tonight) - hope he stays healthy long enough to enjoy a nice career. Washington didn't do anything special, we just couldn't stop the run. Morris capped off a great season with the game of his life. Fletcher is still great as well. ROTY will be interesting - think Luck has a better career, simply because I have a hard time seeing RGIII stay healthy.. but RGIII is a legitimate phenom.

Fuck football. Mavs suck too, so fuck basketball too.

Disp_sl

shitlord
Cathan, you're drunk again. Go to bed. All 3 of the rookie qb's played great this season and it wouldn't be surprising to see any of them win it.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
RG3 will probably win it but you'd be crazy to say that Wilson, Luck, and potentially even Morris don't deserve consideration.
Hell no, Wilson and Luck defiantly deserve to be in the consideration. I just think RG3 wins it...or should win it at least.

Also I said Blair Walsh jokingly because that kid deserves a lot more recognition then he's getting. Yeah he's "only a kicker" but you don't get more impressive then he's been this year, rookie or not.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Cathan, you're drunk again. Go to bed. All 3 of the rookie qb's played great this season and it wouldn't be surprising to see any of them win it.
This...I get his anger over the Fail Mary, but Seahawks would be in the playoffs even without it after winning today (they beat Chicago head to head).

Redskins fan here...and I probably give it to Luck. The fact is the Colts were an even bigger dumpster fire than the Redskins were last year. Now they're going to the playoffs at 11-5 and we're at 10-6. The Colts improved by 9 wins with Luck, Washington improved by 5. Griffin also missed a game and his rookie backup still won. There's (for once, fuck) a lot of good things going on in Washington this year, Griffin is the biggest piece, but there are other guys stepping up as well.

The rookie quarterback performance we saw this season may legitimately never happen again. I'd say in 9 out of 10 years Alfred Morris runs away with ROTY. Crazy what actually happened with Luck, Griffin, and Wilson.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Oh, and Shanahan continues to create runners out of thin air.

Anyone think Kyle gets a legitimate look this year? Philly, SD, Cleveland at the very least I believe so far.

riptorn

Lord Nagafen Raider
nfl network cut off romo press conf. haaaaaaaaa

edit: cut back into conf. back to commercials.. and back again. wtf.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Btw Elurin, your records aren't all correct. Russell Wilson actually holds the TD/Int margin with a +16 (thanks to the Fail Mary, it should be +14)

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Romo just promised he will be a better player next year than he was this year

so you got that going for you, dallas

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Now that the regular season is over:

AFC
It was odd how the AFC segregated itself into the haves and the have-nots so early on; of the non-playoff teams, only Pittsburgh could hit even 8-8. (And I do mean have-nots; the first three, and nine of the first twelve, draft picks go to the AFC.) And as we went down the stretch, even the playoff teams started to segregate, with Broncos (especially at home) and Patriots the clear playoff favorites and the others merely spoilers.

NFC
Much more of a mixed bag in the NFC, as the Bears went 10-6, and the Giants went 9-7, and still missed the playoffs. The playoff picture is far muddier too, though both SF and Atl have solid home records against the rest of the field. Most of the draft picks are in the middle of the 1st round.

Who do we think is out for coaches? I will say that if the Jets get rid of Rex, it won't be tomorrow; Lovie Smith would go down as my most likely 'surprise' firing (who knows if Emery, who just started this year, will want to try something new).
Edit: Clearly Reid, Turner, Crennel, & Shurmur are gone. I'm wondering more out of the maybes who you each think will get tossed (Munchak, Mularkey, Ryan, Whisenhunt, Schwartz, Gailey).

moontayle

Golden Squire
he just promised he will be a better player next year than he was this year

so you got that going for you, dallas
Romo's 33. They need to take a serious look at drafting for the future this next time around, as well as making sure said future isn't running for his fucking life all the time. There's no question that Romo is a huge reason as to why Dallas was even in a position to win the division (again) in week 17. There's also no question that he almost single handedly lost this game and numerous others because of his poor decision making, but he's also pulled wins out of his ass. And I say almost because the defense couldn't stop Morris to save their lives. They did it once. ONCE. And then Romo pissed that opportunity away. The only thing I can think of is that Romo is another Danny White. Though at least Danny White was on the brink of going to the Super Bowl three times. Romo's never been out of the Divisional Round.