2012 NFL Season

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
<Donor>
I feel that AP should get MVP. It is a much more physically difficult position to play compared to QB. He's having a beast of a season, and defenses are having a retarded time trying to stop him. And if he goes over 2k yards, there is no question he should get it. Manning should win the comeback award, for obvious reasons.

And fuck Brady
wink.png

wink.png

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hah I would say out of all the teams.. Brady is on the best out of the 4 people we are talking about. SO I think they would do the best without him.

Krag

Peasant
The Broncos were a very good team I mean FFS Tebow took them to the playoffs....
I wouldn't say "very good" even despite carrying Tebow. They won the division going 8-8, getting outscored by like 100 points over the season and being near the bottom of the league statistically on both offense and defense.

Right now I'd probably give the MVP to Peterson, he's carrying what would without him be a really, really crappy offense. Peyton has much more to work with I think. And that's with me being a Broncos fan (I just don't post much, Dioblaire).

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
I'm an obvious Broncos fan and would like to say Manning is the MVP but I'd have to give it to Brady at this point. That guy is playing at a level few can. He is statistically probably the best ever to play that position. But if not him, than I'd go with Manning.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
I always wondered how Brady would do if he played with a different coach.

I guess what I am really asking is Brady so good because he is in Belichick's system, or is it the other way around? How well would Tony Romo do in that system?

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard

I guess what I am really asking is Brady so good because he is in Belichick's system, or is it the other way around? How well would Tony Romo do in that system?
Romo does not do as good in NE today as Brady does and Brady would get eaten the fuck alive on the Cowboys.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Manning deserves comeback player hands down. We had no idea if he would ever play again, then if he would ever play at the level we've come to expect. He's blown all that out of the water.

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
Manning deserves comeback player hands down. We had no idea if he would ever play again, then if he would ever play at the level we've come to expect. He's blown all that out of the water.
But AP is doing good things too. Still, the Broncos wouldn't be in this position without Manning and are going to the post season so he gets that in my book too. Possibly MVP too. Denver has a real test this week in Baltimore. I know they lost to the Texans, Falcons, and Patriots but that was really early in the season and the offense has had time to gel a bit more. I think they can take just about anyone in the AFC at this point. We shall see if they come to play this weekend.

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
<Donor>

I thought about mentioning this. What would happen if Belichik was on a different team or Brady wasn't the QB anymore. My guess would be that the Pats would still be a scary team to deal with. As much as I hate the Patriots and Belichik, gotta say the man is a football mastermind.

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
The Tebow playoff comparison is so dumb. That defense played out of its mind last year and was almost always in need of an opposing defense or player fucking up to sneak in. Peyton changed that team completely and will probably send Thomas to the pro bowl a few times before he hangs it up. Denver also got in last year because every team in the West was terrible (as they are again this year), but they may be the 2 seed this year and their only losses are to the #1 and #2 teams in the AFC and the #1 team in the NFC.

I understand the AP love, I like him a lot too, but his injury shouldn't have anything to do with who is the most valuable. What's valuable about going 8-8 anyway? I understand they're probably a 4 win team without him, but Peyton turned the Broncos into a legitimate Super Bowl contender. Chris Johnson ran for 2000 yards just a few years ago on a mediocre team.

Gravy

Bronze Squire
P. Manning - MVP - (Just a note, I hate Denver since I'm an idiot Chiefs fan.)
A. Peterson - Comeback Player of the Year
J.J. Watts - Defensive Cocksman of the Year
Scott Pioli - Worst G.M. of the Year

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
The Tebow playoff comparison is so dumb. That defense played out of its mind last year and was almost always in need of an opposing defense or player fucking up to sneak in. Peyton changed that team completely and will probably send Thomas to the pro bowl a few times before he hangs it up. Denver also got in last year because every team in the West was terrible (as they are again this year), but they may be the 2 seed this year and their only losses are to the #1 and #2 teams in the AFC and the #1 team in the NFC.

I understand the AP love, I like him a lot too, but his injury shouldn't have anything to do with who is the most valuable. What's valuable about going 8-8 anyway? I understand they're probably a 4 win team without him, but Peyton turned the Broncos into a legitimate Super Bowl contender. Chris Johnson ran for 2000 yards just a few years ago on a mediocre team.
My point was that defense is still just as good as last year for the Broncos and they had a good OL/RB/WR and Tebow was fucking garbage, look at what that D did last year and what they are doing this year, its about an average of 40 or so yards a game and Peyton is the reason because they don't have to be on the field for so god damn long because Tebow 3 and outs for 90% of the game.

That team was fucking good and completely handicapped by a complete horse shit of a QB named Tebow.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

And the Colts are still a million times worse than Denver. Denvers defense is very good whether you want to admit it or not.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Luck and RJG3 could be one hit wonders for all we know. They have entire careers to prove themselves and contend for MVP. RoY contention is enough.

However in Luck's case I would concede if he is able to sweep the Texans and win the division. And if he were to face Denver in the playoffs and win the media cumguzzling would be MVP level so there's that.

Manning came back from a much deeper hole and scarier injury than AP.Comebackplayer.

AP means more to his team than any other single player does to another team.Most valuableplayer.

Including Manning because yes, they had a solid line, good run game and good with potential for great D, in a shit division, with one of the strongest home field advantages. That's why Peyton went there. He's not carrying a shit pile on his back like AP.

I think Brady probably gets the popular edge over AP though because he's Brady and a QB. Not that he doesn't deserve MVP, as much as I hate to admit it. Among the list of elite QB's going into the season, only Peyton and Brady have fully lived up to the hype. As good as Manning is I just don't see him being as integral to the Bronco's chances as Brady is to the Pats. Manning could be the difference for them advancing deeper, but they probably could have won that division with a number of different QB's.