2012 NFL Season

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
<Donor>
Luck and RJG3 could be one hit wonders for all we know. They have entire careers to prove themselves and contend for MVP. RoY contention is enough.

However in Luck's case I would concede if he is able to sweep the Texans and win the division. And if he were to face Denver in the playoffs and win the media cumguzzling would be MVP level so there's that.

Manning came back from a much deeper hole and scarier injury than AP.Comebackplayer.

AP means more to his team than any other single player does to another team.Most valuableplayer.

Including Manning because yes, they had a solid line, good run game and good with potential for great D, in a shit division, with one of the strongest home field advantages. That's why Peyton went there. He's not carrying a shit pile on his back like AP.

I think Brady probably gets the popular edge over AP though because he's Brady and a QB. Not that he doesn't deserve MVP, as much as I hate to admit it. Among the list of elite QB's going into the season, only Peyton and Brady have fully lived up to the hype. As good as Manning is I just don't see him being as integral to the Bronco's chances as Brady is to the Pats. Manning could be the difference for them advancing deeper, but they probably could have won that division with a number of different QB's.
Famm hit the nail on the head with this post.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Who is AP, and why are people calling him that? He's been caling HIMSELF AD since he was 15.

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
all day doesn't get to make up his own nicknames

AP's injury was brutal, but he missed all of half of game with it, how is he a comeback candidate? Manning missed an entire season, and it was so bad people thought he may never play the game again. There's no contest

And as long as I'm sucking Manning dick, how is AP in anyway more valuable? What's so valuable about going from a top 10 pick to a top 15 pick? They aren't winning anything. He's the offensive player of the year, that's why that award exist, he is not more valuable to a team than Peyton Manning, that's absurd.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Its amazing, with that avatar, how easily I thought I was reading an Azeth post.

Beef

Silver Knight of the Realm
As good as Manning is I just don't see him being as integral to the Bronco's chances as Brady is to the Pats.
The system top to bottom in New England is so solid that you can pretty much plug anyone into any spot and they'd be successful. The Broncos last year Forrest Gump'd their way to 8-8 when pretty much anyone that watched knew it was a 4-5 win team.

Dioblaire

<Donor>
The system top to bottom in New England is so solid that you can pretty much plug anyone into any spot and they'd be successful. The Broncos last year Forrest Gump'd their way to 8-8 when pretty much anyone that watched knew it was a 4-5 win team.
Ugh, don't remind me. I have almost blocked out last year from my memory...

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Joe Flacco? Alex Smith? Tim Tebow? Mark Sanchez?

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Kolin Kaeperbro has the highest QBR in his first starts of any QB in the last 5 years!

Is it just me or does Kaeperbro look like Gonzo? Also, for some reason I just cant see him being a superstar. He seems like a feel good story waiting to happen, and certainly has the talent and arm stregnth to be a boss starter, but there is just something about his "swag" that makes me kind of sour on him. I dont know if its his herky jerky running style (in comparison to a silky smooth dash of RG3) or his conflict with being black and white at the same time, but something just throws me off with him.

He is certainly better than Alex Smith long term, and Im not saying Smith in his current form would get the 49ers to the promised land, but Kaepernick seems like he is a 2 year guy who flames out and everyone forgets about him. Maybe not bad as Sanchez, but I could see him being a poor mans Randal Cunningham. Gets his team to the playoffs more often than not but doesnt have what it takes to be in the Super Bowl.

Hope I'm wrong. But did any 49er fan think "YUP, this is the future right here baby!" when the 49ers picked him? Only thing I knew about him was his eyes were too close together and he ran the pistol.

Disp_sl

shitlord
Whether Brady or Manning wins the MVP, they better send Alex Smith a thank you card for getting injured. If he doesn't get concussed then this conversation is irrelevant. Dude was about to start scalping bitches for real.

Hope I'm wrong. But did any 49er fan think "YUP, this is the future right here baby!" when the 49ers picked him?
Not sure if this is a rhetorical question, but I think just about every 49er fan did. He has a bright future. If he gets to the point where he can read defenses as well as Smith can then he's gonna be nuts.

Dioblaire

<Donor>
Whether Brady or Manning wins the MVP, they better send Alex Smith a thank you card for getting injured. If he doesn't get concussed then this conversation is irrelevant. Dude was about to start scalping bitches for real.
Lol, no.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well, then Peyton is the only great QB in the league? Everyone else clearly has flaws. Brady is only successful due to his system?

Jozu

Whats sad is Disp is dead serious.

Also, you're smoking Meth if you think "almost all" Niner fans thought Kap was our future starter no matter what when he was drafted....

Caliel

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Well, then Peyton is the only great QB in the league? Everyone else clearly has flaws. Brady is only successful due to his system?
I don't think anyone believes Brady is only successful due to his system. He is a great quarterback, but I think his system is quarterback friendly. I mean Matt Cassel went 11-5 in that system. The Colts went 2-14 without Peyton. And now the Broncos are 10-3 with Peyton. That is why I will always believe Peyton is a better quarterback than Brady.

Jozu

I don't think anyone believes Brady is only successful due to his system. He is a great quarterback, but I think his system is quarterback friendly. I mean Matt Cassel went 11-5 in that system. The Colts went 2-14 without Peyton. And now the Broncos are 10-3 with Peyton. That is why I will always believe Peyton is a better quarterback than Brady.
Too bad Qb's arent just measured by the regular season huh?

Disp_sl

shitlord
Whats sad is Disp is dead serious.

Also, you're smoking Meth if you think "almost all" Niner fans thought Kap was our future starter no matter what when he was drafted....
I'm being dead serious eh? News to me I guess.

Most people I talked to about Kaepernick when he was drafted knew how physically talented he is. The only questions about him were how easily he would be able to transition from a pistol offense to a traditional west coast offense, and if he could how long it would take. Fuck, every single person on the planet knew that's what was going on after the Manning shit. Smith's contract was specifically structured so that if Kaep was ready to take over after 2012 or 2013 they could get out of Smith's contract easily. I don't know anyone who wasn't excited about him when he was drafted though. Hell just the year before myself and a lot of friends were mad when they didn't draft Colt Mccoy... Unfortunately they didn't get Mccoy and got stuck with Navorro Bowman (I'll help you out ahead of time. I'm joking here too).

So yeah after 5 years of shit qb play, I think just about every 49ers fan saw Kaepernick as the qbotf who just needed some experience first.

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
Too bad Qb's arent just measured by the regular season huh?
This^^^ Manning needs to get over the hump in the post season. I know he won a ring but compared to some of his other performances in the playoffs, I won't be mad if he comes out in beastmode. Not at all.