2012 NFL Season

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Never has an avatar bet gone by the points spread. Going by the spread is pussy shit. Win or be adorned with the mark of shame.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Avatar bets have always been win/loss as far as I recall.
Same here but I don't think offering something else is some sort of blasphemy. If anything he is insulting your team and getting the bet.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
So I need the follow teams to win which means they'll all prolly lose

Ind
Dal
SF
Den

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
All of them? you are so fucked.
Denver should win, Manning knows that defense. NE losing to SF at home is unlikely, hopefully Belichik is off his game, with that said me rooting for any all those teams is a guaranteed a loss

Niners D has the potential to slaughter that offense but it wont happen

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Looks like RG3 is out. I'm curious about cousins... He might net the a nice trade draft pick if he plays well

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Niners D has been very good the last 4 weeks and all the starters are as healthy as they could reasonably be at this point in the season. They're going to win.
I have $100 that says other wise.

pats > 9'ers is the bet.

Gecko_sl

shitlord
So I need the follow teams to win which means they'll all prolly lose

Ind
Dal
SF
Den
None of those games are ridiculous long shots.

Ind at Hou -- Tough Matchup, Hou will be fired up after their NE debacle. Still, a winnable game with Luck.
Pitt at Dallas -- Given how Pitt played, Dal should win this game. Dal does seem to find ways to suck, though
SF at NE --This is where you're in trouble. I really want San Fran to win this, but doubt they will. I can see SF winning, but I can also see NE hanging 40 on them if they find a hole in SFs D.
Den at Bal -- It's at Baltimore, but Manning has owned the Ravens for a while. I'd be surprised if Den lost this game even on the road.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
SF at NE --This is where you're in trouble. I really want San Fran to win this, but doubt they will. I can see SF winning, but I can also see NE hanging 40 on them if they find a hole in SFs D.
On paper this is one of the best games of the year. Best D in the league vs. the best O in the league. If it was in San Francisco I would feel a lot better but it's hard as hell to win in NE in December and this year looks like no exception. I think the key is going to be the Smith brothers getting in Brady's face early and often. For the 49ers to win Brady needs to be spitting out blood by halftime. Like you said though, if the Pats get rolling early in the game it could wind up looking like the Giants game.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I don't foresee the Ravens beating the Broncos. A lot of the teams with the best records (Ravens, Texans, Falcons) look like the worst of the "good" teams on a week-to-week basis. And the Broncos haven't let up since the first few weeks of the season. The offense is starting to click and they look dangerous.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
On paper this is one of the best games of the year. Best D in the league vs. the best O in the league. If it was in San Francisco I would feel a lot better but it's hard as hell to win in NE in December and this year looks like no exception. I think the key is going to be the Smith brothers getting in Brady's face early and often. For the 49ers to win Brady needs to be spitting out blood by halftime. Like you said though, if the Pats get rolling early in the game it could wind up looking like the Giants game.
No team in this league will stop Brady from scoring. They might limit it but the real question is how much can Kaepernick put up. He is looking at a world of hurt if you ask me.

Sterling

El Presidente
It's actually funny you mentioned that, because this year most of the playoff spots have been locked up incredibly early. These last few games are for the wild card spots and possibly shuffling of division leaders, but overall, we've known who would be in the playoffs a while ago. The division games are mostly meaningless.
While that's true this year specifically, the last couple weeks will be more meaningful on average.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I don't foresee the Ravens beating the Broncos. A lot of the teams with the best records (Ravens, Texans, Falcons) look like the worst of the "good" teams on a week-to-week basis. And the Broncos haven't let up since the first few weeks of the season. The offense is starting to click and they look dangerous.
Seriously. I don't know if I'd include the Texans, but the Ravens and Falcons both look terrible. I think they benefited from having healthy rosters and weak schedules. Now that the injuries have mounted (at least for the Ravens) and the easy parts of their schedules are over, they barely even look like playoff teams. I see the Giants walking all over the Falcons, and the Ravens getting demolished by the Broncos.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Niner are gonna slap the Patriots around in the trenches. I just hope they dont get down big early because if they do its goodnight Irene.

But if they score first and keep the pressure on Brady to throw I think the pass rush is going to force many a hurry and surely some sacks.

Disp_sl

shitlord
I just hope they dont get down big early because if they do its goodnight Irene.
I would agree with Smith, but not with Kaeperbro. I think if shit hits the fan he's got what it takes to bring the team back. They've just been calling the games very conservatively and keeping him in the high percentage game manager role like Smith.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I would agree with Smith, but not with Kaeperbro. I think if shit hits the fan he's got what it takes to bring the team back. They've just been calling the games very conservatively and keeping him in the high percentage game manager role like Smith.
Yeah, it's why I somewhat hope they get down by 10-14 early(as bad as it'll be for my heart). I want to see Kaeperbro put the team on his back and carry them to the promised land like the legends foretold. He did a decent job "coming back" in the first game against the Lambs, so I think he has the potential.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Key to the game for the Cowboys against Pitt is to try to be down no more then 10 at the half because if they do that they will have a shot.