2012 NFL Season

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
From what I understand they have drivers that will take them, wait till they are done and then give them a ride home. It is down right fucking pathetic these players do not use a service that is not only free but something the general public would love to have.

Jovec

?
I don't see it on news sites yet, but radio is reporting that Cowboys D lineman Josh Brent is in jail for manslaughter, apparently a car wreck or something that killed one of the practice squad members. Pretty crazy.
The ESPN link:http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/...ls-jerry-brown

Also, from the link:
In June 2009, Brent was sentenced to two years of probation and 60 days in jail as part of a plea agreement stemming from a drunken driving arrest in Champaign County in Illinois.
I drove home once about 5 miles when I was seriously hammered in the middle of the night years and years ago. I absolutely could not keep the car in a single lane. So glad nothing bad happened, but I've never done it since. You either learn from your mistakes or you don't.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Cowboys/Bengals will be epic. Oddly enough, winning this game will actually give me decent hopes for a playoff appearance. Cowboys are practically playing with their back against a wall at this point. It's do or die for them.
Pretty much do or die for both. After this game we'll know which team has a heart and which one has Tony Romo.

Caliel

Bronze Knight of the Realm
As long as the Giants go 2-2 or worst in their final four games, the Cowboys can win the division even if they lose one more game. Of course this does not include the Redskins in the final week. The Cowboys have to win that game to have any shot at winning the division. With how hot the Redskins have been playing recently, I would think they are the favorites to win the east.

Disp_sl

shitlord
Washington is gonna win the East and Giants won't make the playoffs. Giants remaining schedule is just too tough and Wash wins the tiebreaker because the Giants have a terrible divisional record.

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
The Cowboys don't have a shot. Stop talking like they do.

I drove home once about 5 miles when I was seriously hammered in the middle of the night years and years ago. I absolutely could not keep the car in a single lane. So glad nothing bad happened, but I've never done it since. You either learn from your mistakes or you don't.
I could have typed this.

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
Cathan, you should go back to your old sig and keep it updated. didn't Vilma get 2 bounties on 1 play? I know it was a joke but it could be interesting to count up injuries inflicted.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
From what I understand they have drivers that will take them, wait till they are done and then give them a ride home. It is down right fucking pathetic these players do not use a service that is not only free but something the general public would love to have.
Players don't like to use it, because the teams keep track of how many times it's used and will use it as a reason to give less money in contract negotiations.

Sad but true.

Jovec

?
Players don't like to use it, because the teams keep track of how many times it's used and will use it as a reason to give less money in contract negotiations.

Sad but true.
Not quite. The NFL ran the Safe Rides program, but handed it over to the NFLPA around 2009 because of this very concern. The actual Safe Rides program was then cancelled shortly after that, but it was replaced by something else. Apparently that something else costs players $85/hr and is run by a Private Investigation firm, presumable for privacy. The number for this service is on the back of every NFLPA union card (id?). Some teams continue to run their own "safe rides" program, but again those programs have privacy concerns that may prevent their use.

info ^^ mainly taken fromthis article.

Beef Supreme_sl

shitlord
Washington is gonna win the East and Giants won't make the playoffs. Giants remaining schedule is just too tough and Wash wins the tiebreaker because the Giants have a terrible divisional record.
i concur with this prediction. The Giants won't repeat and the Cowboys...well, they are the Cowboys. Washington looks good right now.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
As a Redskins fan, I think you're all wrong. Our secondary is still crap. I just don't see us winning out. Giants will win the division with a 9-7 or 10-6 record.

Disp_sl

shitlord
Well that would be a concern if the Redskins weren't going up against Flacco, Romo, Foles, and Dolby in their last 4 games.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
I would have more confidence in the Cowboys ability to win the division if over half their starting defense wasn't out or on IR. Laugh all you want at Romo but Romo has been playing out of his mind lately. Acting as if the Cowboys don't have a shot at all with how shitty other teams have been playing, the amount of Rookie QB's that are on the other teams vying for wild cards and how the league has been this year is a stupid comment.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Well that would be a concern if the Redskins weren't going up against Flacco, Romo, Foles, and Dolby in their last 4 games.
Have you actually watched Romo in the last 6 games? He's been playing out of his mind - and he's even better with an actual run game (Murray).

He doesn't collapse in December, it's the rest of his team.

They can't stop the run right now with 2 of their 4 best defensive players on IR (Sean Lee and Bruce Carter), Ratliff out hurt, and now Josh Brent killing a guy while driving drunk. That's going to hurt for these last 4 games.

Beef Supreme_sl

shitlord
Watching the Cowboys play is like watching Curb Your Enthusiasm in slow-mo.

Romo is a quality QB, but he has no o-line, no RB, shit/headcase receivers, and that's just the offense. The Ryan Experience on the other side is a fucking joke. All of which is moot because of Ole Jerral. At this point, he's a better looking Al Davis.

Any pats fans up for an avatar bet?

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Watching the Cowboys play is like watching Curb Your Enthusiasm in slow-mo.

Romo is a quality QB, but he has no o-line, no RB, shit/headcase receivers, and that's just the offense. The Ryan Experience on the other side is a fucking joke. All of which is moot because of Ole Jerral. At this point, he's a better looking Al Davis.

Any pats fans up for an avatar bet?
Please don't forget just how fucking shitty of a coach Jason Garrett is please, I'm sitting here trying to think of another game with a different coach that I can pinpoint losing because the head coach was so inept at knowing what to do with little time in the 4th quarter. I honestly think even Dave Campo is better then this tool and Campo was a god awful coach in just general but at least they never lost because he was fucking stupid in the 4th quarter.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Please don't forget just how fucking shitty of a coach Jason Garrett is please, I'm sitting here trying to think of another game with a different coach that I can pinpoint losing because the head coach was so inept at knowing what to do with little time in the 4th quarter. I honestly think even Dave Campo is better then this tool and Campo was a god awful coach in just general but at least they never lost because he was fucking stupid in the 4th quarter.
You take that bac... nevermind. You're right. But he's Jerry's boy so what are you gonna do?

That said, my prediction is that Norv will come in as OC for next year. Even though he could sit out a year since the Chargers would still have to pay him for not coaching 2013, Jerry can be persuasive.