2012 NFL Season

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I would bet it is Fishers way of paying back Robs father, Fisher got his start under Buddy and Buddy Ryan really helped to fast track Fishers career in Houston. I wouldn't say what Azeth did but I also won't bad mouth Rob either, he has bounced around from bad team to bad team helping fix their defense but when your team is bad you tend to get fired no matter how much you improved them.
I'll hate on rob all I want. The guy has an eye for talent, no clue what to do with it. I can just look at dallas and know that their defense should be way better than it was under wade phillips- but the sad truth is that it preformed worse. I still think jerry pulled the gun on him too early, but I was completely unimpressed with what he did with his time here so far.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Uhh..what? He had success with the Patriots(Belichick is a big factor there) and a lot of success at Oklahoma State. Other than that, what the fuck has he done?

Azeth calling him one of the "best" D minds in the game should tell you all you need to know.
Taken shit defenses and turned them into middle of the road defenses in a few years and being fired before he can really do anything is what he has done honestly, it's life in the NFL with shitty teams.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Taken shit defenses and turned them into middle of the road defenses in a few years and being fired before he can really do anything is what he has done honestly, it's life in the NFL with shitty teams.
So taking shit defenses and making them average means you're a great D coordinator? Or one of the best defensive minds in the game? I'm going to go with no.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Wade Phillips.

Now we will all laugh riotously if Ryan takes the Rams to a top five D after leaving Dallas.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
So taking shit defenses and making them average means you're a great D coordinator? Or one of the best defensive minds in the game? I'm going to go with no.
I never said that, Azeth did why are you all up in my shit for what he said? I said I wouldn't go as far to say what Azeth said and then you asked me a question directly and I answered it. You are fucking confusing me man.

moontayle

Golden Squire
I'll hate on rob all I want. The guy has an eye for talent, no clue what to do with it. I can just look at dallas and know that their defense should be way better than it was under wade phillips- but the sad truth is that it preformed worse. I still think jerry pulled the gun on him too early, but I was completely unimpressed with what he did with his time here so far.
2011 was an improvement (had to be, not too hard to be better than 31st in the league), but this year they gave up a team record amount of yards and had a team record low turnovers... I think that's mainly what Jerry was looking at. You don't get to call yourself a defensive guru and then drop the ball on two of the three biggest statistical categories (points against being the other one), I don't care how many injuries you sustain.

Gravy

Bronze Squire
I'm so stoked the with the moves the Chiefs have made, I had to poke my head in here.

Granted, next year will still be shitty unless Reid can make friends with the players. They really like Romeo Crenell, as do I, just not as the head coach.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user
How can anyone seriously defend the Cowboys on that move? It was a joke. With all the injuries Rob still fielded a solid crew to the final game. Was it pretty, no.. but the list of IR players was just as painful.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Even when they were healthy they weren't getting it done. Rob's schemes were unsound, and there were several times the players looked confused or there was 10 or 12 men on the field.

I still think they should of given him another year, but Ryan was never Garrett's choice anyways. Either side of the argument has good points.

mcnuttz_sl

shitlord
How can anyone seriously defend the Cowboys on that move? It was a joke. With all the injuries Rob still fielded a solid crew to the final game. Was it pretty, no.. but the list of IR players was just as painful.
Stupidest owner/GM tandem in all of sports.

It will be a fine day when that bastard passes on.

mcnuttz_sl

shitlord
Even when they were healthy they weren't getting it done. Rob's schemes were unsound, and there were several times the players looked confused or there was 10 or 12 men on the field.

I still think they should of given him another year, but Ryan was never Garrett's choice anyways. Either side of the argument has good points.
And they also spent last season's free agency and draft to improve Ryan's defense. Now they've totally given up on him after one injury-riddled season and blamed the early season losses for the change. Nevermind that he duct taped the shit out of the defense with off-the-street players. Jerry Jones likes to change just for the sake of change, and keep his team in the news during the playoffs...even if they're not still playing.

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Stupidest owner/GM tandem in all of sports.

It will be a fine day when that bastard passes on.
Woah there buddy. Lets not get to crazy. At least give credit where credit is due. I submit to you the Miami Dolphins. Don't steal the one thing we have worked so hard for this past decade.

mcnuttz_sl

shitlord
Woah there buddy. Lets not get to crazy. At least give credit where credit is due. I submit to you the Miami Dolphins. Don't steal the one thing we have worked so hard for this past decade.
At least the Dolphins mix it up on occassion...new owner and new GM.

We've been stuck with the same miserable bastard since Jimmy Johnson built the dynasty.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Cam Cameron interviewing for the Jets' OC job. Are they actively TRYING to become the worst team in history?

Also in former Ravens coaching news, Brian Billick spent eight hours in Philly over the weekend.