2013 NFL Offseason and Draft

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Are you talkin bout next year in this years thread during the super bowl? -1 already in next years thread.

Fadaar

That guy
Change the thread title yo!

Also I have Baltimore has fun replacing both Ed Reed and Ray Lewis. At least I would assume Ed Reed hangs it up...

Better start this off right.

Jay Catler is a top five QB.

Joe Flacco is Elite As Fuck.

Niners just got jobbed by the refs and that is the only reason they lost the Super Bowl. They will be back, no other outcome is possible.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I just would like to lay out my predictions for next year, Pats take it all and the Chargers make the playoffs.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This thread makes me happy.

Im all for it being considering next year already. If Ray Lewis comes out of retirement though I'll probably never watch the NFL again.

For my team this offseason basically revolves around the status of the quarterback's recently repaired ACL. It's either going to be just fine or the team could be fucked for damn near the rest of the 2010s decade because of how many draft picks were traded away to get him.

Also, no way Ray plays again. I think he's done as far as diminished skills, the team needs to move on at ILB at some point (right now, tbh) and he has a PED accusation hanging over him. Easier to let it go when he's on an ESPN-fueled, vomit-inducing "last ride" tour that ends before the investigation/suspension process can happen...if he wants to come back and play the NFL has no choice but to investigate it.

Sterling

El Presidente
Next year we will discover that the Dolphins got it right and that Tannehil will end up being the best QB from that draft class!

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
This thread makes me happy.

Im all for it being considering next year already. If Ray Lewis comes out of retirement though I'll probably never watch the NFL again.
let us all non believers prey.!.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
lol.

Thats whats crazy about this stupid fucking league. Crazy shit happens. Replacement refs call interceptions touchdowns to decide games, biggest star in the game blows his knee out because of a horrible field, by way of cheap owners who would rather not lose income. Dudes come back from an injury that is usually a 6 month process, yet doesnt get put on IR in week 13 or whatever and comes back amid PED use and no one seems to care. Regular refs still influence the game, no matter the time or stage. (its up to the team to negate that by not playing like shit for 31 minutes) And Qb's who get paid 10 million dollars sit on the bench if your coaches name is Pete Carroll.

Then you have Petersons season, Mannings "miraculous" comeback season. Lewis retiring. All these great stories that generate interest and money. I wish I was racist because then I could also blame it on the white man and how they are treating the Rooney rule like a joke and the league conspires for a white man to win the super bowl every year! (The Doug Williams thing wasnt supposed to happen, but the NFL had to throw the brotha's a bone).

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
If the Bears don't sign every free agent OL available then there's no hope until the old lady kicks the bucket and her kids sell the Bears as Papa Halas beat them so bad that they're a bunch of pussies that know nothing about football.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
They already have projected favorites for next years Superbowl. Broncos are tired with the 49'ers for #1.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Packers need more depth in Defensive line if they actually want to continue running the 3-4, plus another secondary prospect to help with the phasing out of Woodsen is basically mandatory. Offensive line needs a little more depth, too. Unfortunately, since we have Teddy the Ghost as GM and McFatty as coach handling the draft and offseason, we will likely draft four more wideouts before anything else and retain Finely, who can't catch a cold in Lambeau in January, let alone a ball on the numbers. I predict we win the division at 11-5 again and get blown out by the Niners again in the post season, because we hardly ever add talent to the defense.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Vikes need help at WR and all over the defense to pull off another year like this. I don't expect them to be in the playoffs next year as I'm still under the opinion that Ponder sucks balls and they've already stated he's the day one starter next year.

The defense really has holes all over the place though. The line will still be ok, but Allen and Williams are just another year older. No one else is much of an impact player. Robison has regressed. Everson Griffin looks like an ace pass rusher if he could start. The linebackers outside of Greenway all suck. Winfield is turning like 97 years old and while they have some youth at CB no other reliable options. Harrison Smith was a blessing after watching such sub par safeties for the Vikes since Sharper and while Sanford might be my favorite player on the team I'll fully admit he wouldn't start on many squads.

All that and WR is probably their biggest need.

That Webb game against the Packers was probably the best thing that could possibly happen to Chistian because if comes in and shits up that game I'm not sure they enter the offseason with the same mindset.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
I feel the Niners are in pretty good shape. They still need some help at WR, not sure what happened/is going to happen with Jenkins but he couldn't seem to find the field and the ghost of Randy Moss didn't bring enough to the table on the field to warrant being a part of the plan moving forward. Outside of that the Niners just need some quality depth. Their starters play to many snaps and there is to big of a drop off if one of the starters gets hurt.

The biggest thing I think the Niners need to do this off season is that Harbaugh and Roman need to have a self-evaluation session. I think Roman is a great OC, but he has "out-thinking the room" issues and he tries to get cute at all the wrong times (Rams game, Hawks game, last series in the Super Bowl). While it is nice to throw a wrinkle at the opponent every once in a while, there are times when you just need to stick with your bread-and-butter plays and dare the defense to stop it.