2013 NFL Offseason and Draft

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
NFCS is a really big question mark, because no one knows how the Saints are going to pan out after all the self inflicted drama of this past year. I could see the dirty birds repeating, but until they solve the Matt Ryan post season fizzle issue, they will be the Texans of the NFC.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Matt Ryan isn't on their list of concerns. He played more than well enough to make it to the SB.

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>
Yes he played more than well enough, the list of concerns are running game and defense mostly pass rush/covering a fucking TE. The two turnovers, interception on a timing route when roddy fell down and the fumble (omg) were both on drives in scoring position. The last drive he got his shoulder crushed and you could see that affected the next two passes as they were way off. Matt Ryan is the least of our concerns right now.

So the Pats have a couple things to address. Who do you franchise? Talib or Welker? The much safer bet is to again franchise Welker, and hope to sign Talib. If I had to have one though, I want Talib. He makes SUCH a huge difference in the Pats secondary, I would say in the handful of games he played, he was invaluable.
Franchise Talib for the sake of seeing if he stays out of trouble over the summer. Let Welker walk if wants teen-millions and retool the slot game with option HBs.

I fully expect the Pats to draft receivers this year, though.

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>
These are supposedly the numbers for franchise tags this year:

CB: Franchise: $10.668 Transition: $8.939

DE: Franchise: $10.984 Transition: $8.994

DT: Franchise: $8.306 Transition: $6.919

K/P: Franchise: $2.926 Transition: $2.654

LB: Franchise: $9.455 Transition: $8.216

OL: Franchise: $9.660 Transition: $8.560

QB: Franchise: $14.642 Transition: $12.845

RB: Franchise: $8.079 Transition: $6.851

S: Franchise: $6.798 Transition: $5.899

TE: Franchise: $5.962 Transition: $5.105

WR: Franchise: $10.357 Transition: $8.716

at that rate looks like you save by franchising Welker again unless you worry it will he will let being franchised twice affect his performance on the field. You are correct if they draft a receiver or two they can get Talib for a year and let him walk. Would probably save more in the long run if they did just that. Those later round rookie contracts are so cheap now.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Can you still franchise the same player two years in a row? I thought the new CBA prevented that.

unless you worry it will he will let being franchised twice affect his performance on the field.
That's not my concern given every year he's franchised, puts him in a "contract" year which ought to if anything bolster his performance

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Can you still franchise the same player two years in a row? I thought the new CBA prevented that.
Yes but you have to pay him the franchise amount +X% extra for doing a second year.I think it is 20% but not positive.

Consecutive Years As Franchise Player
A player can only be named a franchise player two years in a row. The second year must include at least a 10 percent increase over his previous salary or the average of the top five players at his position, whichever is higher. A player cannot be given a franchise player tag three years in a row.

Read more: NFL Franchise Tag Rules | eHow.comhttp://www.ehow.com/facts_5156777_nf...#ixzz2K3snAN51

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Edit: Opiate beat me to it.

Also star players are starting to get it written in their contracts that you can't do this. See Revis.

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>
My butcher forgot to tell me about the penalty for franchising two years in a row. No way they franchise him again says my butcher!

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
What? lol
He's a total douche bag. Then again, Michael Irvin used to do this all the time, especially if he thought the ball would automatically go to the X, Y, or Z receiver, he'd just line up in that spot lol.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
He's a total douche bag. Then again, Michael Irvin used to do this all the time, especially if he thought the ball would automatically go to the X, Y, or Z receiver, he'd just line up in that spot lol.
Little bit difference between on the best WRs of all time doing it and Titus Young.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Haha Michael Irvin, one of the best WRs of all time. hahahahha
You jelly?
rrr_img_12256.jpg

rrr_img_12257.jpg

rrr_img_12256.jpg

rrr_img_12257.jpg

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
If I were a WR in the NFL at the same time as him and not on a team that payed for their superbowls, sure I might be jelly. But I'm just a white dude.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Fuck Titus Young, dude is a less talented Randy Moss, in three years no team will have anything to do with him.

Good riddance.