2013 NFL Offseason and Draft

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
But look how thin Steelers WR corps are. He's a decent player and sure to get more play time with Wallace gone if they can keep him.
The Steelers can find someone better with the 3rd round pick they get. WR is a position that can plug and play immediately as a rookie, and we got Wallace and Sanders with low round picks so I like our track record drafting this position. Still hoping they can get Tavon Austin at 17 but I dont think he will drop that far.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Bobby Carpenter is rated the #1 worst pick for them in that article, if you didn't click the link. He played for the Pats last year VERY situationally, and didn't start.
Which is absolute insanity to me since all we've heard for years is how every Cowboy player from the practice squad on up would start for any other team!

Nah, I think we actually moved beyond that one but it's fun to bring up because that shit was hilarious.

That article predicts that the Pats:

1. Trade out of the 1st round to stockpile 3rd rounders (maybe)
2. To then draft Zach Ertz, TE, Stanford (no)

Folks forget Ballard will be healthy for 2013-2014 #Itlan

also, i guess in hindsight this must be a parody since the Teo comments were kind of over the top. so unfunny though.. that it was hard to tell

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My wishes for the Steelers in this draft. by round.

1) Arthur Brown, KState. Beast at LB who can roam the field and makes plays. Would take Tavon Austin if hes sitting there at 17 in a heartbeat now, but it seems wishful thinking because I dont think he makes it past St Louis for sure, and maybe even goes in the top 10. Need for a wr goes up if they dont resign Sanders and take the Patriots 3rd for his tender.

2) Eric Ried, S, LSU. Fastest safety in the draft and has 1st round talent...excellent closing speed. Clark is old, and its hard to argue for the kind of money they are paying Polamalu. This year has to be a year they address safety. Matt Elam is another option here at safety. For ILB, Kevin Minter from LSU would also be a good selection in round 2...very productive.

3) Stedman Bailey, WR, WVU. Hines Ward clone. Was one of the leading tacklers on ST as a WR and made huge blocks to spring Austin on kickoffs. He has arguably the best hands of any receiver in the draft. Should have won the Bilitnekoff award this year with video game numbers where he led the nation in TDs. Im biased but I doubt he drops to the 3rd, Id even take him in the second and they might given the Steelers hired the guy who trained him in the offseason just recently and loves this kid.

4) Christine Michael Texas A&M/Montee Ball Wisconsin. Both are big bruising running backs and the Steelers are in desperate need now with our pirouetting Mendenhall gone and uncertainty with Dwyer. Rainey getting cut makes this even more of something they need to address in the offseason if they dont sign Ahmad Bradshaw....and even then he isnt a sure answer. Someone will take a flyer on Marcus Lattimore in probably round 4ish but I dont think they will be willing to gamble with such lack of depth. Interested to see who takes a chance on him though, he was a stud when healthy and best rb in the draft (esp after Lacys pro day out of shape and winded).

5.) Landry Jones, QB. Oklahoma. Need to draft a backup QB, and Jones I think would be a good backup. Lots of experience starting 50 games for a big program. 5th round is no big deal if he doesnt pan out, but they have to do something about these fossil backups.

6) Lerentee McCray, LB, Florida. Big hitter, fits the mold and Harrison is gone so depth is lacking. And its anyone's guess if Jason Worilds is going to work out.

7.) Dion Sims, TE, Michigan State. Huge TE, likely wont drop this far but character concerns might and would be worth the risk.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
2) Eric Ried, S, LSU. Fastest safety in the draft and has 1st round talent...excellent closing speed. Clark is old, and its hard to argue for the kind of money they are paying Polamalu. This year has to be a year they address safety. Matt Elam is another option here at safety. For ILB, Kevin Minter from LSU would also be a good selection in round 2...very productive.
Those are all big names floated for Baltimore too. I'd like to see us pull off Minter and one of those two safeties, especially assuming we trade back out of the first. Minter/Elam sounds amazing, but there's also something to be said about bringing another Reid in at safety. Spelling aside, it would sound the same with the crowd chanting it.

Wuyley_sl

shitlord
Although this is about the 2012 draft, I thought maybe some of you uber sports geeks might be able to answer my question. I was looking over at the draft last year and I saw that my hometown team, the Vikings, traded their 3rd pic to Cleveland for their 4th and a couple later rounders and my question is this. Why would clevand bother to do that when it was pretty obvious that we were going to take Kalil? Were they afraid of another team coming in and trading with the vikes to pick Richardson? Thanks

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Who is Rothelisburger going to be throwing the ball to this year, Wallace is in Miami and Sanders has signed a tender with some other team.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The Steelers can find someone better with the 3rd round pick they get. WR is a position that can plug and play immediately as a rookie, and we got Wallace and Sanders with low round picks so I like our track record drafting this position. Still hoping they can get Tavon Austin at 17 but I dont think he will drop that far.
You also drafted Sweed...